DIGITAL Rider Swap/Rider Switch/Child Swap: In Effect as of June 16th

hiroMYhero

I'm satisfied with my care...
DISers are reporting the new, digital Rider Swap entitlements are now in effect.

*Only the initial set of Riders needs FPs if entering the FP line. Those waiting to ride on the Swap with have their MBs scanned and the Swap entitlements will be added to their MDX Profiies.

Riders in the first group can have their MBs scanned to ride with the 2nd grouping of riders.

*A “1 hour + 10 minute” return window was noted for the Swap riders - they then entered for their Swap ride via the FP line.

*Only 1 set of Rider Swap passes can be held at one time. They must be used before another set is needed for another Attraction.

Here’s a report by @BrookieM2001

Yep we had it at Star Tours this morning too. This morning we encountered the digital system at ST, but when we were there, everything was working. They asked for the FP for YDD and DH, and have ODD, my mom and I the swap entitlement on our bands. They actually didn’t mention a time limit this morning but we swapped back to back so it didn’t matter. But once again, they did not ask for the swapping guests to have a FP.

Last edited:
Interesting. So is it possible for anyone to ride twice? I know lots of people have an older child ride twice with the swap.

For the Swap rides, MBs can always be swapped.

No one is reporting a rider from the 1st group can receive a Swap entitlement to ride with the 2nd “Swap” grouping.

For the Swap rides, MBs can always be swapped.

No one is reporting a rider from the 1st group can receive a Swap entitlement to ride with the 2nd “Swap” grouping.

But they could in the past, correct? We only did this for the Speedway. We both had FP+, but were near the end of our time so we got a rider swap. My husband took our daughter while I waited with the baby. Then I took my daughter while he waited with the baby. My daughter rode once with each of us. Is this no longer allowed? Because I have no need to ride the speedway by myself, but she enjoyed riding twice. She will be taller this trip so this would also apply to 7DMT, SDD, and Barnstormer. I don’t mind the first 2 alone, and I would just skip Barnstormer. However, it would be nice not to ride by myself.

The general discussion of the old Rider Swap versus the new digital Rider Swap is taking place over on the News/Rumors board:
Rider Switch changing

This thread is to Alert families that the new digital Swap entitlements are now being issued. Those riding on the Swap need to have Swap entitlements linked to their MDX Profiles via their MB or plastic ticket.

Does anyone know if you will be able to bring someone on with you? For example we have a 1 and 4 year old. The 4 year old and I go on a ride while my DH and other DS wait. When it’s my DH turn will he get to bring my 4 yr old DS on with him like in the past? It would stink if the second adult who waited with the baby always had to ride alone.

Does anyone know if you will be able to bring someone on with you? For example we have a 1 and 4 year old. The 4 year old and I go on a ride while my DH and other DS wait. When it’s my DH turn will he get to bring my 4 yr old DS on with him like in the past? It would stink if the second adult who waited with the baby always had to ride alone.
No one has reported whether a person in the initial group has been given an entitlement to ride on the Swap. Everyone is still waiting on more first-person reports.

Was anyone able to confirm if a child is able to ride twice? Also is everyone in the party required to scan their band?

Someone on day one said they allowed for a re-ride on FoP, but that is the only report so far. I'd be surprised if they didn't allow rerides but still allowed three people to use the pass.

The general discussion of the old Rider Swap versus the new digital Rider Swap is taking place over on the News/Rumors board:
Rider Switch changing

This thread is to Alert families that the new digital Swap entitlements are now being issued. Those riding on the Swap need to have Swap entitlements linked to their MDX Profiles via their MB or plastic ticket.

Just an FYI, the thread in News and Rumors has been closed.

Still curious if an older child could ride twice. Hopefully this week we will get some more real world reports.
The main problem is most bloggers don’t have small children to research this new Swap system.

I’ve posted info on the Families Board but no one has reported any facts there.

Oh man, now I have to redo my FPs, which I had made based on all the statements here that everyone in the party had to have a FP to use rider swap, even the second swap group. I knew that didn't make sense!!!

Oh man, now I have to redo my FPs, which I had made based on all the statements here that everyone in the party had to have a FP to use rider swap, even the second swap group. I knew that didn't make sense!!!

If you can, you might want to wait until the end of the week to change things. There might be a better idea of what Disney's policy will be because I did see some posts on the closed thread indicating there might be more changes this week. Those might include everyone needing a fast pass.

The Magical Enhancements to the FP system occurred a few weeks ago. There are thousands of full-time, part-time, and Seasonal Attraction CMs and Managers who have been trained for this digital Swap system.

Guests reported this new system was in place at DHS/ST and AK/FoP so with it being reported as up and running in 2 parks, there won’t be any immediate changes.

:wave2: This thread is to Alert families that the new digital Swap entitlements are now being issued. Those riding on the Swap need to have Swap entitlements linked to their MDX Profiles via their MB or plastic ticket.

Continuing discussion of topics posted in closed threads from Rumors/News and TPAS will result in deletions and infractions. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!