Dine with Shamu (August 4th) review with *pics*

Cass

www.casshew.com
Saturday August 4th was a busy day at SeaWorld, it was really packed with people. We were told to meet at the Dining entrance at Shamu Stadium at 4:15pm. There was a fair line up of people waiting when we arrived at 4:00pm so we joined the line.

Promptly at 4:15 the gate opened and we were allowed in, you have to print your confirmation and present it at the door. Table location is assigned by who booked first, so book early for the best tables.

Here is our table
dws4.jpg

and this is the rest of the restaurant, it is quite large and there are lots of tank side tables.
dws5.jpg

There servers are very friendly and nice, beer & wine is included with dinner.

Speaking of dinner.... served buffet style we had the following choices.

Rolls and butter were on all the tables
dws12.jpg

Caesar Salad, Garden Salad, Fruit Salad
dws2.jpg

Crudities
dws9.jpg

Penne noodles in Garlic Sauce and Mashed potatoes with Gravy
dws1.jpg

Roasted Turkey Breasts, carved fresh (very good)
dws11.jpg

Beef Stew & Veggies
dws6.jpg

Seafood Creole with Rice, Roasted chicken breasts & legs, Penne Alfredo with shrimp and boneless chicken breasts in a creamy mustard sauce
dws10.jpg

Kids area had Hot dogs, Macaroni & Cheese, hot corn, penne with tomato sauce & meatballs
dws8.jpg

There was also a delicious soup, kind of a tex-mex tortilla soup, it came with dishes of food to add - like sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, hot peppers etc.. it was really tasty.

Desserts!

Cookies, Rice Krispie Treats, Brownies, strawberry cheesecake, black forest cake, gummi worms and shamu M&M's (black & white), blue jello.
dws7.jpg

Carrot cake, chocolate covered strawberries, little tartlets & cannollis , I think the white cake was lemon (not sure)
dws3.jpg

dws17.jpg

dws16.jpg

Out in the restaurant they had a chef making Bananas Foster fresh to order
dws22.jpg

Okay, so besides all the good food (and it was very tasty!) there was a whale there!!!

dws21.jpg

All of these pics I took right from my seat, I didn't even have to stand up.

dws20.jpg

dws18.jpg

dws15.jpg

dws13.jpg

dws14.jpg

dws222.jpg

The trainers explained whale behavior and had the whale do various things for the diners. There are 3 spots where the whale will come really close to the tables for great pics. After the demonstration, the trainer will come through the restaurant and stop at every table for questions and to sign autographs for the kids - it was really well done.

Positives - good quality food, booze included, close up pics of your whale, Nice location with a view of Shamu Stadium. No crowds as there is only a limited # of guests, it was very relaxing :)

Negatives - a little early for dinner (4:15pm) we had had lunch at noon and were really not ready for beef stew, but if you have a late breakfast and skip lunch it's a good fit.

I would recommend this experience :goodvibes

Cass, you rock! Is there a way-cool experience at any Orlando park that you HAVEN't done?

So tell me this -- ((i know the answer)) -- do you think my 6 yo dd would LOVE this for a birthday celebration??

How early is "early" for booking? I could book it now, (we're going Nov1) will that still be considered "early" you think?

Hi there!

The next table to us was celebrating a birthday, the servers had a candle in something, maybe a brownie or a cupcake, but definately they were all singing happy birthday to a little girl :)

Yes, I think your 6 year old will love it! and if your hubby likes beer... well, he should be okay too :rolleyes1

I booked about 5 weeks ahead and got a good table, I think you can book up to 3 months ahead.

How long were you there til? 4:15-?? SW is only open to 6pm the day we go- not sure how much time I want to "lose" at dinner.

We were out of there by 5:30, you could leave as soon as you wanted. The eating portion went really quickly as it was a buffet.

Cass,

Great report and pictures!

Do you remember if the kid's section had pizza, chicken fingers/nuggets, french fries or grilled cheese sandwiches?

I ask because my 7yr old son is an extremely picky eater and the foods I mentioned are his favorites. :yay:

He will eat other things, but only if his favorites are not available and he is hungry.

My 9yr old daughter will anything and everything! Yet she is petite and skinny! :cutie:

:)

Definately no chicken fingers, pizza, fries, grilled cheeses - I am sure of it. I actually took photos of all the food. For the kids it was just the hot dogs, penne with tomato sauce and meatballs, mac & cheese and corn.

How would he do with plain chicken? there were oven roasted breasts and legs, also the turkey breast was very moist. Would he eat turkey?

great review!!!the pics are great..i wasnt going to book this because i didnt know what to expect but now im gonna have too. thanks sooo much:thumbsup2

The Sea World site really lacks in providing details in a format that assures prospective customers of what they may actually be considering purchasing, but CASS your posting is great. Thanks for all the great information and pictiures. We went ahead and booked a seating for our upcoming trip.

You said it exactly, MissionMouse.

And Cass, we are booked! 3 months in advance, during a not-busy time ... think we'll get good seats?? :banana:

JUST SAW THE BUFFET dinner that you go to right before shamu rocks..then you sit in reserved seats to see the show...anyone ever been?

think we'll get good seats?? :banana:

Woohoo!! I think you will get great seats for the birthday celebration.

SeaWorld is going to be wondering why they are getting all these Dine with Shamu bookings all of a sudden :rotfl: :lmao:

I should get a commission!

Question: I booked our Dine with Shamu about 2 weeks ago for our visit on Oct 3, with only one dining that day being a Wednesday and "off-season time"...Will that get us a good table being booked like 2 months out on a week day?

First ever visit to SW and I think I'm actually a tad bit more excited about this then going to WDW itself ;)

P.S LOVE your pics and review, thank you so much for sharing them!!

Question: I booked our Dine with Shamu about 2 weeks ago for our visit on Oct 3, with only one dining that day being a Wednesday and "off-season time"...Will that get us a good table being booked like 2 months out on a week day?

I think you've booked early enough to get a great table :)

Sea World is a great park, I decided Kraken is better than the Hulk, Duelling Dragons or Rock n' RollerCoaster, it's a fun fun ride.

I think next time I plan a mini getaway we might stay at the Renaissance right across from SW and go a few times.

Thank you Cass! I'm the one with the camera (hardly ever in any pictures LOL) so was hoping to get some great ones like yours, thanks again!!

Too excited to be this far out for my own good :rotfl2:

Enjoyed reading your review Cass ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!