Dine with Shamu (August 4th) review with *pics*

Oh I love Billy Connolly!!!

Yes, I still think it is worth it. You have to eat anyway, it's a good meal with beer/drinks included and it's a cool behind the scenes setting. There is quite bit of space between each row of tables and you will still see :)

Who knows you might get lucky and get a closer table, you never know.

Hi all... we went on Sunday 09/09 for my dd#2's bday. I didn't think about it until just before so I didn't book until Tuesday the 4th.... When we went in they hand each person a little VIP lanyard to wear. There were 2 tables in each row, with 4 seats a piece...so even if you were on the back table you were only 8ft away from the wall... You don't get to touch the whales, so it doesn't really matter that you're not right on the wall....they're out in the pool swimming around and they have him do a flip or two and splash a couple of people. We were at the last table under the cover which was in front of the ledge part so the whale flipped up there once really quick....We got seats on the wall even though we booked late, but I think it was only because there were 6 of us and in order to put everyone together you get both tables......the trainer talks to you from across the pool for about 20 minutes explaining their commands and how they train them etc. .... After the demonstration the trainers walk around and one will come to your table and answer all your questions and sign the VIP pass for the kids. In general it was interesting and I'm glad I did it.. but I think the kids were expecting to be closer or touch the whale or something...

Also I called and booked and they applied the year pass discount... as a matter of fact I told them I had a year pass (which I do) and they didn't ask for a pass # or anything and didn't ask to see it when I was at the dinner.. thought it was weird...

Hi brynn, how was the food? sorry if you had the impression the kids would be touching the whales, I hope that didn't come from my review :)

No, I liked your review... I just think the kids hear "dining with Shamu" and they expect something different. I thought the food was good, not excellent but a great variety. My kids are pretty picky though and I wished there was a little more for them... (fries or something) not that it mattered because they saw all that dessert and were up to the bar several times getting gummy sharks!!

Oh I love Billy Connolly!!!

Yes, I still think it is worth it. You have to eat anyway, it's a good meal with beer/drinks included and it's a cool behind the scenes setting. There is quite bit of space between each row of tables and you will still see :)

Who knows you might get lucky and get a closer table, you never know.

thanks for your help cass, my visa card offically blames you! :banana:
just booked the dine with shamu and tickets to sea world for the day we fly home. im really looking forward to this, seaworld was a ghost town last time i went, think it might be a tad busier coloumbus day weekend;) .

i wasnt getting excited about this holiday at all, but all of a sudden this week im like a 5 year old jacked up on sugar! 10 days to go! :yay:

10 Days!!! you'll be there before you know it!

Let us know how your trip was, do a whole report if you can :)

Thanks for all the advice. I also booked the Dine with Shamu after reading your thread. We will be there next Wed. I called to make the reservation and we will be sitting at a pool side seat. I hope that means close to where Shamu come up to the people. The pics of the buffet and Shamu are great. Dinner is at 4:15 so it will be great to have a good buffet to finish our day. DS is 5 and hoping he has a good view. We leave the next day for the Disney Cruise. Can't wait.
Carla

hi cass-just wanted to let you know we booked cuz of your review:woohoo: i think you should commission or something:rotfl2:

hi cass,
just wanted to thank you, did the dine with shamu on saturday, it was brilliant an excellent finish to the holiday. only shame is im now back in britian and back to work tomorrow.
oh well
John

will try and write a trip report later.

What a fabulous review! So I guess it doesn't matter how early you arrive to get in line if you already have a reservation. Correct? Because Sea World already has your table reserved? If so, that sounds great!

hi cass,
just wanted to thank you, did the dine with shamu on saturday, it was brilliant an excellent finish to the holiday. only shame is im now back in britian and back to work tomorrow.
oh well
John

Welcome home, glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

So I guess it doesn't matter how early you arrive to get in line if you already have a reservation. Correct?

Yes, that's exactly right. I wish I had known that because we lined up for quite a while... if I had known I would have shown up right at entry time.

hi -we just did the shamu dinner and wasnt impressed(sorry!) food was ok..not a whole lot to choose from..the desserts were better. shamu only came out of the water a couple of times,never near our table.dont think its worth the price. disneys buffets are much better. save your $ for that.

That's too bad, Dana :(

Was the food selection different from my photos... did they take selections away?

desserts look the same but not the hot food..the only thing i recognize is the mashed potatoes and shrimp alfredo..you look like you had better food..we had some beef thing that was ok..salads were down to nothing. no hot dogs and very little pasta for kids..we were the only dinner that day so maybe they didnt replenish..:confused:

jsut a quick question.... how much is the dining with shamu and how do you book it???

thanks
Jess

PS photos are great!!!!!!!!!:banana:

go to the seaworld website(seaworld.com)
click on "dining"
find "up close dining" and there should be a # to call-prepare to pay in advance
i think adults a $40 pp and kids are $20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!