Dine With Shamu F.A.Q. Thread

seaworld san antonio facebook page, just confirmed Dine With Shamu is returning in February.. No word on the other parks..

Sea World posted on Facebook "It’s true! Dine With Shamu will resume at SeaWorld Orlando this spring. As soon as we start taking reservations, we’ll be sure to let you know."

This is such good news considering I called two days ago to ask if it was returning and I was told no. I can't wait to go back for a 3rd time!

So, it seems Dine with Shamu is back. Can someone tell me what times you can do this? Lunch, dinner, either? How long does it take? How much is it per person. Hoping to dine next August (2012)....and I couldn't find schedule nor pricing info on line.

So, it seems Dine with Shamu is back. Can someone tell me what times you can do this? Lunch, dinner, either? How long does it take? How much is it per person. Hoping to dine next August (2012)....and I couldn't find schedule nor pricing info on line.

Dine with Shamu is not back yet. It is still closed 'until further notice'.
They are rebuilding something, so it won't start until that is finished.
I've contacted SeaWorld about this, but they can't give a date.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/Dine-with-Shamu

I loved Dining with Shamu and was sorry it wasn't available for my most recent trip to SeaWorld, but the worst part of it being closed is that they've also blocked off the underwater viewing of the killer whales. Now the only way to see them is at their shows. This was a huge disappoiintment.

I loved Dining with Shamu and was sorry it wasn't available for my most recent trip to SeaWorld, but the worst part of it being closed is that they've also blocked off the underwater viewing of the killer whales. Now the only way to see them is at their shows. This was a huge disappoiintment.

The Underwaterviewing/Dine with Shamu pool has been under construction since the beginning of the year, and has been closed since the tragic accident in Feb of 2010. Because it is still under construction, the whales are not allowed in the pool because of noise and debris that could be in the pool, so even if underwater viewing was open, there would be no whales there.

I would venture to guess at the earliest spring break time 2012 will it reopen; but I wouldn't count on it. My guess is Summer 2012; but even still, anything is possible.

Any updated info on when and if this may reopen? Wondering if any recent visitors have any scoop.

..... back open as of today! :cool1:

As of right now, reservations can be made at the in-park reservations center or by calling 800-327-2420. I am guessing the website will be updated soon.

..... back open as of today! :cool1:

As of right now, reservations can be made at the in-park reservations center or by calling 800-327-2420. I am guessing the website will be updated soon.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

This just rocketed up on the list of must-do's on our Christmas trip!

That is soooooo exciting!! I can't find it on their site though.

The reservations are currently only available at the park. You can not make reservations online right now. My guess is it's still in the soft opening stages right now.

The reservations are currently only available at the park. You can not make reservations online right now. My guess is it's still in the soft opening stages right now.

Can you make advanced reservations using the number that a PP posted above? Does anybody know what the cost is? We are going in October and would love to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!