Dine With Shamu F.A.Q. Thread

there are some dates open online, i rang and they said it was a soft opening with a view to more dates being released in future, just booked, cant wait

Is this show worth it? Is it a regular show that everyone sees but those that dine with shamu get to watch it in a special section? WE will be going end of November so if I book now and don't get up close seats, will the seats that I get still be good enough for the price?

Thank you so much for making this a sticky! We are taking our kids to Seaworld and DC for the first time in November to celebrate DD's 10th birthday. So excited to read that this is a great thing to do... just booked this morning. The kids will LOVE it!

We are visiting SW for the first time since 1999! Just me and DH celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary . . .I made the ressie for 10/2 as a surprise for DH . . .I can't wait!:thumbsup2

Has anyone been here since it reopened? Just curious on if the experience has changed any

Jenny3 said:
Has anyone been here since it reopened? Just curious on if the experience has changed any

We are going the 14th. I will report back afterwards. Hopefully with pics!

We are going on the 13th. I made the ressie online. I booked last week and got kids eat free with adult purchase. It was a passholder discount.

Just returned from our holiday where we did Dine with Shamu so thought I would let everyone know we had a great time. We have been to this a few years ago and have been waiting for this to return! Booked a really good deal, kids eat free so only paid £40 for the four of us to eat - amazing value!

Food was great - lots of options, lovely desserts and plenty of drinks, whether that be alcoholic or not. There were several trainers and whales interacting with us and we had fantastic seats next to the window.

It really worked for us - one of the best experiences of our trip! ;)

Just returned from our holiday where we did Dine with Shamu so thought I would let everyone know we had a great time. We have been to this a few years ago and have been waiting for this to return! Booked a really good deal, kids eat free so only paid £40 for the four of us to eat - amazing value!

Food was great - lots of options, lovely desserts and plenty of drinks, whether that be alcoholic or not. There were several trainers and whales interacting with us and we had fantastic seats next to the window.

Awesome feedback!! Thanks for the mini-review.....we can't wait for our first Dine With Shamu experience in December!

Thanks for the review. We are going Seaworld now that we have bought Discovery Cove tickets and Seaworld entry comes free. I am still debating with DH whether to do Dine with Shamu or Shark Underwater Grill. I prefer Shamu while DH is leaning towards Shark. :confused3. May I ask how long was the dinner and were the killer whales present the whole time?

We did the Dine with Shamu dinner last week. I just wanted to report back that it was a great experience! The food was excellent, and we loved the up close interaction with the trainers and the whales. DD, age 3, had an excellent time, and she especially loved when the whale waved hi to her and splashed her a little through the glass. :)

longing4disney, the dinner lasted about an hour. The whales and trainers were out there for about the last 30 minutes of the dinner.

We did the Dine with Shamu dinner last week. I just wanted to report back that it was a great experience! The food was excellent, and we loved the up close interaction with the trainers and the whales. DD, age 3, had an excellent time, and she especially loved when the whale waved hi to her and splashed her a little through the glass. :)

longing4disney, the dinner lasted about an hour. The whales and trainers were out there for about the last 30 minutes of the dinner.

Happy to hear it was a great experience, especially for your DD. Hubby and I are taking our 3 yo in December and after reading this, I am even more excited than before. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

I am kinda interested in doing this. I have a question though - has anyone had experience doing dine with shamu with a food allergy? My husband has a severe shellfish allergy, and I was just wondering if we would feel "safe" eating here. I believe I remember reading a dining review several months ago where a person ate there with an allergy and said they were given a separate plate from the kitchen (instead of eating from the buffet).

Another question. Or two. :teeth:

We are planning on going in August, but I'd love to get a "front row seat". If I book now, do you think we'll get a good seat? (5 mos in advance). Can I book by phone and have someone check good dates, as opposed to online? We are flexible at this point.

One more question: Does anyone know if we will get a discount if we buy an annual pass?

Thanks!

We are going to SeaWorld in November along with Discovery Cove. I just looked online and it will allow me to book the DWS and it says it's refundable if cancelled within 24 hours. Is there any reason not to book?

Do you find out your table before you go or only when you get there? I can't imagine many people would have booked this far in advance so I'm thinking we'd get poolside seating?! :)

I called last week to inquire about an August date, and the agent was surprised I could even book that far in advance...she said all the days I was considering were still wide open. So I'd say you're golden! I am waiting to book because if I book anything in USD with my Canadian credit card, then cancel, I lose the exchange rate coming and going. (I pay about 3.5% to buy something in USD, and then if it gets refunded, they charge me the exchange fee again on the way back in to my account.) But I doubt that applies to you! (And I'm waiting for my new USD Mastercard, so I should have a frenzy of booking and ordering then! :goodvibes)

Oh! I see I can now answer my own question. I was told that if we buy the AP, yes, we do get a discount on DWS. The AAA discount doesn't apply to this, so another reason to get one AP for our party.

That's a good point about the exchange (canadian girl here too). I'll make sure to book it with my us debit/credit card.

I'm just over the border so I opened up a us bank account with no fees :) much better than opening a us one here and paying fees on it.

Another question. Or two. :teeth:

We are planning on going in August, but I'd love to get a "front row seat". If I book now, do you think we'll get a good seat? (5 mos in advance).

We are going to SeaWorld in November along with Discovery Cove. I just looked online and it will allow me to book the DWS and it says it's refundable if cancelled within 24 hours. Is there any reason not to book?

Do you find out your table before you go or only when you get there? I can't imagine many people would have booked this far in advance so I'm thinking we'd get poolside seating?! :)

We booked in mid-September for Christmas Week, and got a poolside table (#17, I believe.......half of the tables are along the glass, the other half are immediately beside the poolside seats).

As for possible cancellation, SW is awesome as far as customer service goes. We had reservations for Santa's Fireside Feast on Christmas Eve. When we all came down with a flu-like bug that afternoon, I knew we were beyond the 24-hour no-penalty cancellation, but I also knew we couldn't possibly go to the dinner :sick: . So I called to let them know we wouldn't be attending, not asking for a refund but simply opening up a table for another lucky family of three who might inquire as a walk-up (as the meal was long since sold out). The customer service rep asked me if I would hold for a moment, then came back on the line to say they would refund me the full amount as a courtesy, and wished my family well. We were not entitled to a refund, and we were not expecting one (nor did I ask). So I can speak from experience when I say they are awesome when plans change (for whatever reason).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!