Dine With Shamu F.A.Q. Thread

We just did Dine With Shamu on Sunday, December 20th.
My email told me to check in by 3:00, but when I went over and searched I was told to check-in around 3:30 at the podium they will put out by the shamu underwater viewing ramp. We ended up getting back around 3:45 and people were still checking in and everyone was still waiting outside the doors to be seated. I reserved the tickets September 25th and was table #13 right up in the front. They let everyone about 3:50 / 3:55 and once at the table you could line up for the buffet.

There was a One Ocean show at 4:00 but it was not played in our training pool area. The announcer started talking while we were still in the buffet line but it went on during most of our dining time. It ended shortly before 5:00 pm and you could leave when you were ready. Since there was a 5:30 show, we walked around to the stadium and watched it then.

It was really great - especially since my boys are 19 & 13 and really appreciated it. They did jumps bigger than I saw at the real show.

IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0679.JPG Hi All,

Dine With Shamu appears to be closed for the rest of January and also half of February. According to the website the first dine reservation is for February 16

Thanks for all the info in this thread! This is something that I really want to do

Hi I've just came across this thread, looking at doing this for Xmas day when is the best time to book for pool side?

Thanks in advance

Hi I've just came across this thread, looking at doing this for Xmas day when is the best time to book for pool side?

Thanks in advance

As soon as you can. Those that book earliest get the better tables. At least that's always been the case when I've gone.

We booked 180 days out (decided 185 days out that we were going). I think we were one of the first, we were front and center.

We didn't book until March 29th for our May 1st visit, and still got a front-and-center table. So it really just depends!

thanks for this info! We did several years ago and I'm glad to see this is still on. Just booked for our September trip, so hopefully we are at/near front!

Is this still offered in Orlando? We had it booked when we were going to go to San Diego this coming March but we decided to cancel and go to Disney World. We still want to do Sea World while we are there. Until today I didn't see the option at all. Now I see it but when I click on the link it tells me an unexpected error occurred. Thanks!

We did Dine with Shamu last week, on Thanksgiving Day. My thoughts and feedback -

our "dinner" reservations required at 3:15 check in, entry at 3:30 and it was finished by 4:45pm.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food as well as the selection. (We generally never eat at buffets and I had low expectations.)

Efficient and pleasant servers.

Tables are assigned by when you make the reservations and staff was stern with people trying to snag a "better" table.

We loved it! It was our favorite part of the day and I thought the price was a terrific value for the food and experience.

Tables are assigned by when you make the reservations and staff was stern with people trying to snag a "better" table.

i take it the earlier you book the better seats, i booked ours in july for xmas day

i take it the earlier you book the better seats, i booked ours in july for xmas day

Yes, that was what I was told by two different employees.

A bit about timing. When I made the reservation, it stated 6pm and to check-in the day off for a specific time slot assignment. I was surprised that check-in ended up being 3:15. I was expecting it to be 5-ish.

We booked in October for our reservation on the 2nd January 2017 and were seated at table 20, at the front and pretty central. It was a great show and good value for money as the food was excellent.

I just booked for Jan 30. We'll see what kind of seats we get. Couldn't pass up kids eat free (we're annual pass holders)!

So...thanks to the info in here, I wound up doing DWS 2 weeks ago! I booked the day of, and it wasn't busy at all (got a table right by the glass, and got to be near one of the trainers with one of the whales). Already planning on going again!

How do you go about planning for this? On the day we are visiting SeaWorld, the Dine with Shamu is only offered for dinner. The website says:
  • Dinner start time can be between 3:00pm and 6:00pm. Check in at the Information & Reservations Counter by 2:00pm to receive your dining time.
Without knowing what time your dinner is until 2PM, when do you plan to eat lunch? If we have lunch around noon, dinner at 3 PM won't be ideal. If we eat a late breakfast, what if our dinner is at 6 PM? May not be too big of a deal for adults, but we'll be with a 4 and 7 year old so we're trying to plan meal times accordingly.

Thanks!

When you arrive go to guest services and they will be able to tell you the time. You will then be able to sort your day out.

We want to book Dine with Shamu (adult 29$, child 19$).
My children are 10 and 13 years old.
Which price (adult or child)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!