Dine with Shamu??

brytorlyn

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? I read that it is a bit of a "behind the scenes" look. Does this mean that I may see nothing going on or is there a "show"?

Ive done this and it is WELL WORTH the experience, you even get a picture of your group/family-
*the food is great -its a whole bunch of fun and you get a intimate view of the whale(s) their so close you can look em in the eye.(they of course bring them right to you)

I have video of the DWS experience if you'd like to see it- Tilly was right next to us.

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN--WUipzaM

and 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwnUcG9NaOo

Tilikumtrainer is right - It's awesome! I've done it twice this year and would do it again! :thumbsup2

thanks to your post I've booked this for myself and dd23 - she loves whales and dolphins ! I think she'll be thrilled !!

Thanks...all this positive feedback helped our decision and we went ahead and booked our dinner!

yay :) get there at least 20 minutes early at the Dine with shamu check in- next to the underwater viewing area :)

Could I please also ask if the group photo includes the killer whale or if it is just the people in your group?

Also, how long would you say that the entire lunch/presenation lasts?

Thanks,

the group photo is of your group, but they change the locations sometimes its by the underwater area by the whales or by the slideout area or some other place. Last year I had a picture taken right by the slideout.

the entire thing lasts about an hour or so.. sometimes longer, but it goes by so fast cause there's so much going on :) they sit you down and you eat and then they do the presentation.

the group photo is of your group, but they change the locations sometimes its by the underwater area by the whales or by the slideout area or some other place. Last year I had a picture taken right by the slideout.

the entire thing lasts about an hour or so.. sometimes longer, but it goes by so fast cause there's so much going on :) they sit you down and you eat and then they do the presentation.

Awesome. Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

were booked for Monday Dec. 14 at the 12:30 setting - so excited ! Anyone else booked for this time ????:santa:

I don't want to hijack this post, but I am interested too...when we go next summer, DS will be 7 and DD about 22 months. Is there a difference in menu or price between lunch and dinner seatings? Do I understand correctly that they don't assign tables until you arrive, so there is no way to know where you'll end up?

Thanks!

Rachel in NJ

Rachel we have a FAQ thread on that question and others that have to do with DWS.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2338024

here's the answer:
Any Dine With Shamu Program Lunch or Dinner is basically the same price (in orlando is $42 for adults and $22 for children) However for events like "New Years Eve" Dine with Shamu, or any special holiday dinner or Special Event, it can price up to $99.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!