Dine with Shamu?

maggieb9975

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if we need to buy this ahead or can we book it in the morning when we arrive at park? We will be going July 23.

Thanks!

I just booked this for our trip July 27. I called and booked it over the phone but I was under the impression that it could be purchased at the parks. The only difference is you are guaranteed the time you pick. Also, if you are a AAA member you will get 10% off of the price if you mention it. :thumbsup2

Darn, I decided to go ahead and book it online. Didnt know about the AAA discount! Oh well, even though I didn't get discount, I know we are guaranteed a table! Can't wait, it looks like a great experience!

I have heard great things about it! I read on their facebook page that they updated the menu a few weeks ago..so that is exciting!! :thumbsup2

oh that is great! I will checkout the facebook page. I am sure we will all have an awesome time!:goodvibes

We've done it a few times, it's really a cool experience. The food was good too although I was afraid something good would happen every time I put my camera down to eat and I would miss it.

We've done it a few times, it's really a cool experience. The food was good too although I was afraid something good would happen every time I put my camera down to eat and I would miss it.

LOL! I am like that with my camera too!

Can you all who've done it give a little more detail about what happens with the orcas? Do they swim around, surface/play, interact with trainers, or what? Is it the sort of thing where unless you are looking, you won't notice that they're there, or do you basically always see them while you're eating?

Maybe this should be obvious, but I can picture sitting next to some tank and knowing they are swimming under the water somewhere, but basically just looking out at a swimming pool.

Can you all who've done it give a little more detail about what happens with the orcas? Do they swim around, surface/play, interact with trainers, or what? Is it the sort of thing where unless you are looking, you won't notice that they're there, or do you basically always see them while you're eating?

Maybe this should be obvious, but I can picture sitting next to some tank and knowing they are swimming under the water somewhere, but basically just looking out at a swimming pool.

I googled images "dine with shamu" and there are tons of pics showing you what it is like. They put on quite a show. You won't miss them lol.

My wife did this and she says it was a bunch of fun. I hope you guys have a great trip!

Seating is based on when you book your dinner: the earlier you book the better (i.e. closer to the tank) your table will be. Day of Walk Up reservations at Guest Services will have you in the second row back from the tank.

We very much enjoyed the dinner with Shamu and would do it again:thumbsup2

Just back from our California trip. The Dine with Shamu was awesome!!! We got a table at the front , so book early! The trainer was right in front of us and we were amazed how close we were to Shamu. They put on about a twenty minute show while you eat. It was a pretty big pool of water and at one point there were 3 orcas swimming around! Wonderful show not to be missed! I will post some pics when I get them online.

The food was pretty good too!

Just back from our California trip. The Dine with Shamu was awesome!!! We got a table at the front , so book early! The trainer was right in front of us and we were amazed how close we were to Shamu. They put on about a twenty minute show while you eat. It was a pretty big pool of water and at one point there were 3 orcas swimming around! Wonderful show not to be missed! I will post some pics when I get them online.

The food was pretty good too!

The Florida Dine with Shamu event just opened up this month, and I haven't seen any reviews of the new show. I assume it's a lot like the California show, though. I was trying to figure out whether we should watch the One Ocean show at noon before heading to Dine with Shamu (which is at 2:45), or whether we'd be able to watch the 2:30 One Ocean show from the Dine with Shamu pavillion. From your description, it seems as though the two "shows" are different, so we should still go to the noon One Ocean show. Is that right?

The Florida Dine with Shamu event just opened up this month, and I haven't seen any reviews of the new show. I assume it's a lot like the California show, though. I was trying to figure out whether we should watch the One Ocean show at noon before heading to Dine with Shamu (which is at 2:45), or whether we'd be able to watch the 2:30 One Ocean show from the Dine with Shamu pavillion. From your description, it seems as though the two "shows" are different, so we should still go to the noon One Ocean show. Is that right?

Oh yeah, you can't see the One Ocean show from the Dine area... the Dine area is in a "backstage" area behind the big Shamu Stadium, so stick with your plan to watch the show at noon, then go to Dine later.

Oh yeah, you can't see the One Ocean show from the Dine area... the Dine area is in a "backstage" area behind the big Shamu Stadium, so stick with your plan to watch the show at noon, then go to Dine later.

Yes I agree with Sonnyjane....do both :-)

We booked today, two weeks ahead. I called so that I could try to find out which option for the day was least crowded, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me much. They did say I was booking "early" so that I'd have a decent chance of getting good seats.

I'm wondering - how long does the meal last? Would we be able to make a show that started an hour and a half after our meal start time?

How far in advance did you book? Did they tell you where your table would be located at time of booking?

We booked 2 weeks ahead and they didnt tell us where we would be sitting. I just did it online.

We booked today, two weeks ahead. I called so that I could try to find out which option for the day was least crowded, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me much. They did say I was booking "early" so that I'd have a decent chance of getting good seats.

I'm wondering - how long does the meal last? Would we be able to make a show that started an hour and a half after our meal start time?

Our meal lasted about 45 minutes. The show was only about 20 minutes. It was great we really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter