dining before CP or after?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
My dd (5) and myself will be going to CP Christmas Eve at 6:45 and we are booked for a ps at Garden Grill at 5pm. Will we have time for dinner, neither one of us eat much and she doesn't like to sit too long, or should we try to switch and eat later? Thank you for any help.

CatOne

We've done it both ways and preferred dinner after. That way you don't have to rush. You can't count on getting seated right away at the restaurant, you will be a long way from the theater at Garden Grill. We have a 6:45 show and 8:00 LeCellier on Dec 7.

I'm also doing dinner after the 6:45 show on 12/9. Dinner at Rose and Crown at 8:00. I tried to get it later, to increase my chances of seeing Illuminations (as it is, 1 1/2 hours is a long time to s-t-r-e-t-c-h a meal!), but unfortunately 8:00 was the latest available. And since I made PS more than 90 days in advance, it must be all filled with CP attendees.

We are doing just about the reverse of your plan. We are attending the 5pm show and doing dinner at the Garden Grill at 7pm on Christmas Eve. I know all the shows are going to be crowded that night so I figured we'd want to be in line early and hopefully get a good seat. Also, I allowed some extra time before our dinner PS because the GG is so far away from the theater.

We ate at Garden Grille in 2001 before CP & I believe we ate at 5pm & went to the 6:45pm show. We had plenty of time & got good seats for the show. I definitely recommend eating first as I find a hungry child is not a happy/patient child.

:wave: Have a Great Time!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter