Dining plan and 3rd party tickets

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
I know we have no idea when the Dining Plan it's coming back but is it true I can't buy the Dining Plan if I get my theme park tickets from a third-party like air miles? I know I wouldn't qualify for free dining but somebody told me I may not be able to even buy the Dining Plan so just wondering if someone knows. Thanks

I know we have no idea when the Dining Plan it's coming back but is it true I can't buy the Dining Plan if I get my theme park tickets from a third-party like air miles? I know I wouldn't qualify for free dining but somebody told me I may not be able to even buy the Dining Plan so just wondering if someone knows. Thanks
The dining plan is tied to a vacation package, meaning you have to reserve your hotel, tickets and dining plan all in one order. There is no other way, or at least, in the past there was no other way.

The dining plan is tied to a vacation package, meaning you have to reserve your hotel, tickets and dining plan all in one order. There is no other way, or at least, in the past there was no other way.
At one time that was true. Later you could by a ticket less package.

In other words we don't have the slightest idea if a dining plan might come back, if its worth it and if a package including tickets will be required.

The answer to the OP, its very possible tickets will have to purchased via a package including dining

When I went in 2/2020, I was able to pick up the dining plan for a 1-night stay with a ticketless package (and using some days of an old non-expiring ticket).

If those are the rules when dining plans resume, then the big things to remember are:
  • If the website doesn't offer a DDP option without tickets, then call (or ask your friendly travel agent to handle it)
  • Your resort stay will become a package, following the normal package rules regarding deposits, payments, and cancellations.

Oh right, it was more just tied to the room stay, rather than tickets. My apologies. If you're buying 3rd party tickets and staying off site though, it's unlikely, you'd be able to purchase the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter