Dining Plan and Fantasmic Packages

Booknut

<font color=green>I couldn't figure out why people
Just got off the phone with Disney Dining and the very helpful person (Juan!) told me that you can book a Fantasmic dinner package and it counts as 1TS! So we booked Hollywood & Vine for 6pm and he says when we get there they will give us our tickets for Fantasmic!

I don't know if you guys knew this so i'm spreading the word for those (like me) who didn't/don't know! :thumbsup2

Eloise

We were able to use the dining plan to book the Candlelight processional as well. We found out we could do this after our ADR was booked, but the reservationist was very helpful, booked us a new reservation with the processional, then cancelled the previous ADR so that we wouldn't be out of luck if there were no more packages. Both the Fantasmic and Processional have a pre-determined #, so make sure to specify that you want that particular restaurant for the Fantasmic, or processional package. If they don't know what you are talking about, try with someone else later :)

BTW, it was terrific!!!

I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic dinner package is 2 TS meals on the dining plan...I just booked it.

bozley0621 said:
I'm pretty sure the Fantasmic dinner package is 2 TS meals on the dining plan...I just booked it.
It is only 2ts at Brown Derby..the other 2 places are only 1 ts.

Sorry - what's a TS and is it just me or does the dining plan seem extraordinarily confusing on how much things cost in respect of what you can have on the plan. I think I'm going to stick to cash and eat when and where we like.

Just got back from WDW, and we ate at the Hollywood and Vine and were very surprised to get a preferential seating pass for Fantasmic, we did not make our ADR as a Fantasmic dinner reservation, so it was a very pleasant surprise for us, and Fantasmic was amazing....you can't miss it!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

kaybird said:
We were able to use the dining plan to book the Candlelight processional as well. We found out we could do this after our ADR was booked, but the reservationist was very helpful, booked us a new reservation with the processional, then cancelled the previous ADR so that we wouldn't be out of luck if there were no more packages. Both the Fantasmic and Processional have a pre-determined #, so make sure to specify that you want that particular restaurant for the Fantasmic, or processional package. If they don't know what you are talking about, try with someone else later :)

BTW, it was terrific!!!

What is a Candlelight prcessional :confused3 and where is it?? I would like to know more. :woohoo:

Lizzy Lemon said:
Sorry - what's a TS and is it just me or does the dining plan seem extraordinarily confusing on how much things cost in respect of what you can have on the plan. I think I'm going to stick to cash and eat when and where we like.

TS+ table service..the plan is broken down to Table service and counter service. For me the Dining Plan seems to really work out well..but for those that want to eat on the go and want flexiblity it is a bit harder and people say too much food.

Dimples said:
What is a Candlelight prcessional :confused3 and where is it?? I would like to know more. :woohoo:

The candlelight processional is during the Christmas season. A large choir, orchestra and a famous guest speaker reads the Christmas story. It is at the outdoor theater over at the American Pavilion in WS. Would have loved to heard Ertha Kitt, our reader was John Stamos (very good) Anyone can sit, but if you get the package you are gauranteed seating, and ours was very good, near the front; in fact we sat a little farther back so we could see the whole thing. REALLY nice, used our SC for hot chocolate, had our dinner at San Angel.

Lizzy Lemon said:

I hpe that if you really want to eat at some restaurants that you make ADRs(reservations). Since the inception of the dining plan, many restaurants do not have availability for walk-ups (even in the off-season.)

The dining plan really isn't that confusing and most of the restaurants at WDW are included in the plan.

bozley0621 said:
I was wrong, I was thinking of the Brown Derby, which is a restaurant that is 2 TS that is included in the Fantasmic dinner package, but not all of them 2 TS.

HayGan said:
I hpe that if you really want to eat at some restaurants that you make ADRs(reservations). Since the inception of the dining plan, many restaurants do not have availability for walk-ups (even in the off-season.)

The dining plan really isn't that confusing and most of the restaurants at WDW are included in the plan.

I was trying to decide between the Dining plan vs cash and have decided because none of us have big appetites and can share meals (this was a cause of concern, I felt awkward about sharing meals but it seem commonplace) we will be better just ordering what we want rather than feel we are eating for the sake of getting our monies worth. We will, of course, make Adr's, wouldn't dream of not doing as I'm a very organised person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter