Dining Plan at Jaleo?

czechplz

Big Al's #1 Pal
I have the Disney Dining Plan for my upcoming trip with 4 adults. I am considering going to Jaleo and using credits there, but haven't been able to find much on it. As I understand it, it will be two table-service credits. Because it is tapas style, what will be included with those two credits? Two small plates?

The reviews I’ve read say no so far. But it may be added down the road.

I'm wondering this too.... yes, they should accept it per the Disney site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/disney-springs/jaleo/

However, with Tapas.... I don't want to spend a 2 Signature Plan on a $15 tapas plate so really wondering here...
A tapas is a small plate so given the cost and size I'd imagine it's an appetizer.

We are planning to be there on the 11th of this month so if you want I'll ask them for more clarity of charges on the DP.

A tapas is a small plate so given the cost and size I'd imagine it's an appetizer.

We are planning to be there on the 11th of this month so if you want I'll ask them for more clarity of charges on the DP.

Thank you so much, I'd love to know! I grabbed a reservation there for the 28th (we arrive on the 26th) via OpenTable, we also have a reservation through Disney for the Boathouse at the same time... I will cancel the one we decide not to go with on the 27th so that would be fantastic of you!

Thank you so much, I'd love to know! I grabbed a reservation there for the 28th (we arrive on the 26th) via OpenTable, we also have a reservation through Disney for the Boathouse at the same time... I will cancel the one we decide not to go with on the 27th so that would be fantastic of you!
I'll report back for sure.

Isn't making a ressie @ Open Table so much more easy?! We book all our Disney Springs ADRs there and generally do it same day. The only times I've booked far in advance are on busy holidays; so freeing:cool:.

The Disney Food Blog posted the details as to how Jaleo works with the DDP:

On the basic DDP, diners can select two regular tapas OR one plated dish OR one tapa “intended to serve two” OR one plated paella. Diners using the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan can select one of the options offered on the basic DDP PLUS one additional tapas. Diners on both the basic and the Deluxe DDP select one dessert.

Original blog post link: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ut-whats-up-with-the-disney-dining-plan-here/

The Disney Food Blog posted the details as to how Jaleo works with the DDP:

On the basic DDP, diners can select two regular tapas OR one plated dish OR one tapa “intended to serve two” OR one plated paella. Diners using the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan can select one of the options offered on the basic DDP PLUS one additional tapas. Diners on both the basic and the Deluxe DDP select one dessert.

Original blog post link: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ut-whats-up-with-the-disney-dining-plan-here/
Thanks for the info!! Seems a little difficult to get your money’s worth unless you’re ordering the most expensive items? I’m not sure if I’m calculating right, lol! I keep thinking wine Bar George offers something similar for one credit.

Thanks for the info!! Seems a little difficult to get your money’s worth unless you’re ordering the most expensive items? I’m not sure if I’m calculating right, lol! I keep thinking wine Bar George offers something similar for one credit.

It could be a very good value on the DxDP. Making the assumption the Iberico will be included and figuring a max of $16 or so per beverage you could tally,

Jamon Iberico (if allowed) $36
Gambas a la Zahara $28
Selection of 3 Cheese $19
Glass of Garnacha $16
Basque Style Cheesecake $14

With tax $113

It's an even better value on the DDP. Subtract the extra Tapas ($19 Cheese) and you come in at $95.04.

Now that I'm looking at that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a supplemental charge for the Iberico or if they made it not available as part of the Dining Plan.

It could be a very good value on the DxDP. Making the assumption the Iberico will be included and figuring a max of $16 or so per beverage you could tally,

Gambas a la Zahara $28
Glass of Garnacha $16

With tax $113

It's an even better value on the DDP. Subtract the extra Tapas ($19 Cheese) and you come in at $95.04.

Now that I'm looking at that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a supplemental charge for the Iberico or if they made it not available as part of the Dining Plan.
I would like to try some of the cheaper items though like their croquetas and paella. It diminishes the value of you are considering those things but I would say if you are ordering the jamon Ibérico then it definitely is good value! Hmm maybe we should go there twice! Lol!!

I would like to try some of the cheaper items though like their croquetas and paella. It diminishes the value of you are considering those things but I would say if you are ordering the jamon Ibérico then it definitely is good value! Hmm maybe we should go there twice! Lol!!

Good point!

Now that I think about it value is all relative. Take the Jamon Iberico. They're paying anywhere from $35-$40 lb for it, less if they are direct importing from Spain, and I'm guessing with all his locations he is. It is a bone in leg so figure a 60% usable yield on each leg. Brings you to about $60 per lb or $3.75 an ounce. If they're serving 2 ounces of Ham per plate it's costing about $7.50 a portion on the high end. Add in about 50 cents worth of accouterments and you have a plate that maybe cost you $8 and you're getting back $36. They'd probably love to be selling one of these for every dining plan credit.

As a side note I checked what I paid for it at his Washington restaurant and it's now $25. Bethesda is less at $22, Vegas $35.

All that said I'll be ordering it when down there in a few weeks. It's delicious and a rare find on menus.

Gambas a la Zahara $28
Glass of Garnacha $16

With tax $113

This is pretty much exactly what I would order. I am eagerly waiting for actual dining plan experiences to confirm whether the Jamon Iberico is included without restrictions. I have doubts.

I'm trying to find out what is on the tasting plates/menu before I make a decision on what to order. They just started serving it a day or two ago so hopefully I'll see/hear of it online before we go next week.

They still aren't taking reservations at 180 days, right? I wonder when they'll start- we're going to be there in August.

They still aren't taking reservations at 180 days, right? I wonder when they'll start- we're going to be there in August.
You can make reservations for Jaleo on one of these two sites and the DDP and DDxDP will be honored if you use either as well:

https://www.jaleo.com/location/orlando-jaleo/

https://www.opentable.com/s/?covers=4&dateTime=2019-04-07 11:30&latitude=28.52364&longitude=-81.3734&metroId=28&term=Jaleo Disney Springs&enableSimpleCuisines=true&includeTicketedAvailability=true&pageType=0

Not sure whether you have to wait until your Disney reservation window opens or not so give it a try.

HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter