Dining Plan at Jaleo?

I seriously doubt Jaleo needs to be booked 180 days in advance. Just go on OpenTable right now and see how many openings there are for just about any day in April or May. If I was really worried about getting a specific time at a Disney Springs restaurant, I would book it through MDE and then switch to OpenTable when they started taking reservations. The only difference between booking through MDE and OpenTable is that MDE will take a credit card hold and charge a no-show fee.

Last edited:

We've always been able to book Raglan 6 months out. I think the restaurants set their own parameters on Opentable. They all seem to be different.

I assume @Candycane83 meant specifically the reservation window at Jaleo because each restaurant at opentable can make their own reservation terms.

Sorry yes, specifically for Jaleo as I’ve checked several times! Lol!

They still aren't taking reservations at 180 days, right? I wonder when they'll start- we're going to be there in August.

I am planning a visit for August or September myself. Good to know that someone has learned how it works, and I honestly wouldn't mind paying for a couple additional items to try.

Here's a pic of what is included on the dining plan @ Jaleo. It was taken from the computerized cash register by one of the servers for me:

OK it's not a pic since I haven't yet figured out how to share on a new to me photo sharing app so I typed it out.............sigh:

Basic

Choice of: Single serving of beer, wine or mixed cocktails at a price of $25.00 or less.
Unlimited refills of Teatulia Iced Tea
One single serving of bottled soda or can soda.

Choice of: Two regular tapas
One "large plate"
One tapa intended to serve two"
One "paella plate"

Deluxe/Premium

Choice of: Single serving of beer, wine or mixed cocktails at a price of $25.00 or less.
Unlimited refills of Teatulia Iced Tea
One single serving of bottled soda or can soda.

Choice of: 3 regular tapas.
1 regular tapa and large plate
1 regular tapa and a tapa "intended to serve two"
1 regular tapa and paella plate

Choice of : One dessert

Basic/Deluxe Children

1 regular tapa from kids menu
Unlimited refills, except specialty coffee, 1 bottled water, bottle flavor nonalcoholic.
Beverages juices milk

2 entitlements.

I'll come back later this evening to make better sense of the above based on my recent meal even though we weren't on the dining plan. Perhaps I'll even get over my technodope phase and post some pictures, LOL.

Last edited:

Oh well, still in Dodo Land, so typing w/o images continues.

Recently, the restaurant began offering 2 different tasting menus after 4:00 PM so I made sure to book a 4:15 PM reservation via opentable.com and an early and satisfying meal it was. It was difficult for the waiter to explain what was the difference between the 2 menus as no written list existed at that time. He did give me a hint though which made better sense once the food was received: the least expensive of the two menus was comprised of the less costly or Basic tapas.

This is what we had upon ordering the Jaleo Experience tasting menu:

pan cristal - toasted bread spread with a tomato confit
queso manchego- wedges of Spanish goat cheese
paleta Iberica de bellota - thin slices of a ham similar to procuitto; not carved at table
endibias- endive leaves topped with a mixture of small curd soft cheese, oranges and almond slivers. Tastes much better than it sounds + none left on the plate.
gazpacho shots- salad soup is what we call it in my home:). Served cold.
ensalada manzanas- sliced apples, fennel, cheese and nut salad.
croquettas de pollo- deep fried chicken croquettes. Quite rich and creamy with boneless meat.
espinacas - sauteed spinach with garlic.
tortilla de patatas- thin sliced potato and onion omelette. Redolent with the flavors of olive oil. Creamy texture which showed off the versatility of eggs.
gambas al ajillo- shrimps (headless) on a bed of olive oil braised leeks and tons of yummy garlic
patatas bravas- divine potato chunks with garlic and - tomato sauces. Tender with a nice crust. Prolly the tomato sauce used smoked paprika as the main spice.
butifarra con mongetes- "homemade" pork sausage with Spanish (not Mexican) styled fried white beans. Head spinningly good but we were stuffed by the time it was served so it was packed to go. And and I enjoyed it one night when we were home and there was no competition awake;).

My summation is that all of the dishes listed above are considered basic for the dining plan but it's best to double check with your server.

Our favorites?
Keep in mind that in my family veggies are just as desirable as meat in the evaluation:

endibias
croquette de pollo
gazpacho
gambas al ajillo
tortilla patatas
patatas bravas
espinacas
butifarra

We also ordered the oysters gin and tonic tapa since the man and I enjoy them and plan to order the dish again. I needed some care eating one of the oysters as it had a bit of shell in the liquid. Hopefully practice will make for perfection next time around for the kitchen staff.

For drinks, the kiddos, ordered bottles of a non alcoholic wine soda called la casera tinto de verano; one drank it all and the other 1/2 a bottle. It reminded them of the Beverly Coke product at Epcot from Italy in bitterness and acidity. Should you prefer the sweetness level of most American style sodas this is not the drink for you.

The man had a salt foamed Margarita (listed on the menu as Salt Air) and ga dang it was yummilicious and certainly will be ordered again. This is a variation on a classic margarita with no overt sweetness from fruit juices or sugar syrups; be forewarned:).

I ordered the red sangria sort of under duress as I really wanted sherry but couldn't decide which one to order, LOL. Sooo glad I went with the red wine drink instead.

As for the included desserts... I admit to wishing I could make a flan that creamy in texture. Methinks it's time for me to move off the French recipe I normally use and look to that of Spain. The second dessert was called pan chocolate and the 3 chocoholics in the party scarfed it down.

Last edited:
Oh well, still in DoDo Land, so typing w/o images continues.

Recently, the restaurant began offering 2 different tasting menus after 4:00 PM so I made sure to book a 4:15 PM reservation via opentable.com and an early and satisfying meal it was. It was difficult for the waiter to explain what was the difference between the 2 menus as no written list existed at that time. He did give me a hint though which made better sense once the food was received: the least expensive of the two menus was comprised of the less costly or Basic tapas.

paleta Iberica de bellota - thin slices of a ham similar to procuitto; not carved at table
endibias- endive leaves topped with a mixture of small curd soft cheese, oranges and almond slivers. Tastes much better than it sounds + none left on the plate.
croquettas de pollo- deep fried chicken croquettes. Quite rich and creamy with boneless meat.
tortilla de patatas- thin sliced potato and onion omelette. Redolent with the flavors of olive oil. Creamy texture which showed off the versatility of eggs.
gambas al ajillo- shrimps (headless) on a bed of olive oil braised leeks and tons of yummy garlic
patatas bravas- divine potato chunks with garlic and - tomato sauces. Tender with a nice crust. Prolly the tomato sauce used smoked paprika as the main spice.
butifarra con mongetes- "homemade" pork sausage with Spanish (not Mexican) styled fried white beans. Head spinningly good but we were stuffed by the time it was served so it was packed to go. And and I enjoyed it one night when we were home and there was no competition awake;).

My summation is that all of the dishes listed above are considered basic for the dining plan but it's best to double check with your server.

Our favorites?
Keep in mind that in my family veggies are just as desirable as meat in the evaluation:

endibias
croquette de pollo
gazpacho
gambas al ajillo
tortilla patatas
patatas bravas
espinacas
butifarra

We also ordered the oysters gin and tonic tapa since the man and I enjoy them and plan to order the dish again. I needed some care eating one of the oysters as it had a bit of shell in the liquid. Hopefully practice will make for perfection next time around for the kitchen staff.

For drinks, the kiddos, ordered bottles of a non alcoholic wine soda called la casera tinto de verano; one drank it all and the other 1/2 a bottle. It reminded them of the Beverly Coke product at Epcot from Italy in bitterness and acidity. Should you prefer the sweetness level of most American style sodas this is not the drink for you.

The man had a salt foamed Margarita (listed on the menu as Salt Air) and ga dang it was yummilicious and certainly will be ordered again. This is a variation on a classic margarita with no overt sweetness from fruit juices or sugar syrups; be forewarned:).

I ordered the red sangria sort of under duress as I really wanted sherry but couldn't decide which one to order, LOL. Sooo glad I went with the red wine drink instead.

As for the included desserts... I admit to wishing I could make a flan that creamy in texture. Methinks it's time for me to move off the French recipe I normally use and look to that of Spain. The second dessert was called pan chocolate and the 3 chocoholics in the party scarfed it down.
Awesome review!! Thanks so much for sharing! Sounds like an awesome experience and I’m salivating while reading (and I’m eating at the moment too!) lol! I’m happy I have planned to go 2x for my upcoming trip!

Our favorites?

endibias
croquette de pollo
gazpacho
gambas al ajillo
tortilla patatas
patatas bravas
espinacas
butifarra

Great review. I used to live in DC and my favorite restaurant was Jaleo and miss it horribly.

Our favorites?

endibias
croquette de pollo
gazpacho
gambas al ajillo
tortilla patatas
patatas bravas
espinacas
butifarra

This sounds great. Was this included on either dining plan? What was the cost per person?

Great review. I used to live in DC and my favorite restaurant was Jaleo and miss it horribly.

Same here. Thankfully we have a place where we move that is excellent, not tapas, but amazing.

No Jaleo or any other Andres' endeavor in NYC so we grab a train to DC ever once in a while and well pig out. Nothing wrong with a visit to old Ebbit Grill either which we can find blindfolded from our hotel......oops.
You lived in a good town for eats and I'm not sure how you could pull yourself away:cool:.

Interestingly enough our APs run out in about 2 months and the man told me quite strictly they were NOT to be renewed. Dinna help that DGD decided that she wanted to go camping this 4th of July. I wuv camping as does the granddaughter but the man despises the mere idea of it so a plot has entered into his head in that special way of long term couples. After eating at Jaleo he would now like to return to WDW to sample other aspects of the menu; err, I'm not complaining but but he'll still have to go camping ....:lmao:

Awesome review!! Thanks so much for sharing! Sounds like an awesome experience and I’m salivating while reading (and I’m eating at the moment too!) lol! I’m happy I have planned to go 2x for my upcoming trip!

Glad my thoughts got across fine:). Next time I plan to try the other shrimp, head on, tapa which I suspect is considered for two guests based on pictures of the dish from various vloggers. Lusting to try the piquillo pepper tapa as well. And uhm as many fried dishes as I can eat. A small dish of the paella of the day wouldn't hurt and I hope it has rabbit in it as I dinna dare order that while traveling with DGD; she currently suffers from a if it's cute you can't eat it issue. Which apparently doesn't include chickens or baby cows. I get the evil eye from her when I say Bambi and his little friends look good enough to eat...

This sounds great. Was this included on either dining plan? What was the cost per person?
We opted out of the dining plan this trip as it had worked so well eating OOP for our adult trip during the winter holidays. Doubt I'll do that with kiddos again as it would have gone better financially using a dining plan with them. Didn't help that we ate at a few places that dinna offer the AP discount either. Yes, but back to Jaleo. Our sub total for the tasting meal was $70.00 p/p (not traveling w/ Disney children) or $280.00 and our entire bill came out to approximately $425.00 with add-ons (the oysters), drinks, tax, and tip. AP discount is not accepted yet and we no longer had any discounted Disney gift cards left so we paid full price. My children will have to grumble to themselves at my funeral regarding all the money I "wasted" enjoying my retirement;).

I think you can still have an enjoyable meal @ Jaleo w/o opting in on a tasting menu assuming it's not offered on the dining plan. Those family meals listed on the menu look quite tasty too and the drink allotment seems quite generous as well.

Last edited:
Has anyone had a chance to try the Octopus(pulpo) dish yet? I am debating between getting the boiled octopus at Jaleo or getting a charred/grilled version elsewhere on Disney property. This is one of my must try things while down there, since I live in too small a town to get exotic ingredients easily.

No Jaleo or any other Andres' endeavor in NYC so we grab a train to DC ever once in a while and well pig out. Nothing wrong with a visit to old Ebbit Grill either which we can find blindfolded from our hotel......oops.
You lived in a good town for eats and I'm not sure how you could pull yourself away:cool:.

Interestingly enough our APs run out in about 2 months and the man told me quite strictly they were NOT to be renewed. Dinna help that DGD decided that she wanted to go camping this 4th of July. I wuv camping as does the granddaughter but the man despises the mere idea of it so a plot has entered into his head in that special way of long term couples. After eating at Jaleo he would now like to return to WDW to sample other aspects of the menu; err, I'm not complaining but but he'll still have to go camping ....:lmao:

Glad my thoughts got across fine:). Next time I plan to try the other shrimp, head on, tapa which I suspect is considered for two guests based on pictures of the dish from various vloggers. Lusting to try the piquillo pepper tapa as well. And uhm as many fried dishes as I can eat. A small dish of the paella of the day wouldn't hurt and I hope it has rabbit in it as I dinna dare order that while traveling with DGD; she currently suffers from a if it's cute you can't eat it issue. Which apparently doesn't include chickens or baby cows. I get the evil eye from her when I say Bambi and his little friends look good enough to eat...

We opted out of the dining plan this trip as it had worked so well eating OOP for our adult trip during the winter holidays. Doubt I'll do that with kiddos again as it would have gone better financially using a dining plan with them. Didn't help that we ate at a few places that dinna offer the AP discount either. Yes, but back to Jaleo. Our sub total for the tasting meal was $70.00 p/p (not traveling w/ Disney children) or $280.00 and our entire bill came out to approximately $425.00 with add-ons (the oysters), drinks, tax, and tip. AP discount is not accepted yet and we no longer had any discounted Disney gift cards left so we paid full price. My children will have to grumble to themselves at my funeral regarding all the money I "wasted" enjoying my retirement;).

I think you can still have an enjoyable meal @ Jaleo w/o opting in on a tasting menu assuming it's not offered on the dining plan. Those family meals listed on the menu look quite tasty too and the drink allotment seems quite generous as well.
Mmm I would love to have paella the 2x I’m there! That is one thing my son will eat but I guess he doesn’t need to know it is a bunny rabbit lol :rolleyes1

Oh the tasting menu sounds reasonable enough with the amount of things you get. Is that the basic tasting menu? Would you by any chance know how much is it for a child? We’re doing a split stay, so one stay with DxDP and one without a dining plan. I’m planning one visit with and one visit without.

Has anyone had a chance to try the Octopus(pulpo) dish yet? I am debating between getting the boiled octopus at Jaleo or getting a charred/grilled version elsewhere on Disney property. This is one of my must try things while down there, since I live in too small a town to get exotic ingredients easily.
I didn't try the Pulpo at Jaleo yet. Octopus is probably my favorite food (strange, I know). The Octopus at the Italian restaurant and lounge in EPCOT is outstanding. I would highly recommend it. The octopus at the place that used to be the boat in Disney Spring I think had good flavor, but I personally did not feel that it was cooked correctly. I'm sure it was a one-off night, but it put me off going there.

I would try a pulpo dish at Jaleo if only because the first time I ever ate it was in Barcelona and the experience opened up a new world of eats for me. The Spaniards do well by gifts from the sea. Still, truth be known, I've enjoyed every place I've eaten octopus in WDW:).

Mmm I would love to have paella the 2x I’m there! That is one thing my son will eat but I guess he doesn’t need to know it is a bunny rabbit lol :rolleyes1

Oh the tasting menu sounds reasonable enough with the amount of things you get. Is that the basic tasting menu? Would you by any chance know how much is it for a child? We’re doing a split stay, so one stay with DxDP and one without a dining plan. I’m planning one visit with and one visit without.

Yes it was the basic tasting menu for that time. I've read some reviews that came out after we ate there and it seems the dishes have changed again and might well continue doing so. Read a blurb that said the tasting menu basically changes with what looks best in the market place. They had a childrens' menu but the tasting menu wasn't listed on it so I'm not sure if they do a smaller version for kiddos or what.

Here's what the kids' menu looks like currently:

https://www.jaleo.com/location/jaleo-disney-springs/menu/#kids-menu

Here are the tasting menu reviews that came out after our trip:

https://www.travelweekly.com/North-...prings-Jaleo-is-like-a-theme-park-for-foodies

I would try a pulpo dish at Jaleo if only because the first time I ever ate it was in Barcelona and the experience opened up a new world of eats for me. The Spaniards do well by gifts from the sea. Still, truth be known, I've enjoyed every place I've eaten octopus in WDW:).

Yes it was the basic tasting menu for that time. I've read some reviews that came out after we ate there and it seems the dishes have changed again and might well continue doing so. Read a blurb that said the tasting menu basically changes with what looks best in the market place. They had a childrens' menu but the tasting menu wasn't listed on it so I'm not sure if they do a smaller version for kiddos or what.

Here's what the kids' menu looks like currently:

https://www.jaleo.com/location/jaleo-disney-springs/menu/#kids-menu

Here are the tasting menu reviews that came out after our trip:

https://www.travelweekly.com/North-...prings-Jaleo-is-like-a-theme-park-for-foodies
Thanks for the info!! That’s great to know. I hope that if we do the tasting, my son can just share with us. That’s how most of our non buffet meals will be anyway. :D

Oh well, still in Dodo Land, so typing w/o images continues.

Our favorites?

endibias
croquette de pollo
gazpacho
gambas al ajillo
tortilla patatas
patatas bravas
espinacas
butifarra

Great review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter