dining plan Be our Guest breakfast question

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
Hello--

We have eaten at BOG before, but this will be our first experience using dining plan. For breakfast can we get the gray stuff cupcake included in our meal on the plan--or would we need to pay out of pocket for it? I can see its on the breakfast menu (and we don't care for the lunch, so likely wouldn't eat there for that), but wondered.

Thanks!

I haven’t eaten there yet either but we have a breakfast scheduled and also would like a cupcake in addition to our breakfasts. The QS credit for breakfasts includes the meal and a drink. The cupcake is considered a dessert so would not be included in a QS credit, but I believe it could be used as a dining plan “snack.” Someone on here said that with preordering you can only use one method of payment- so if you use your dining plan, I’m guessing it would charge you a QS credit per meal and then a snack credit per cupcake. I hope we don’t have to order separately because I’ve heard the lines to order at the restaurant kiosks are very long.

I haven’t eaten there yet either but we have a breakfast scheduled and also would like a cupcake in addition to our breakfasts. The QS credit for breakfasts includes the meal and a drink. The cupcake is considered a dessert so would not be included in a QS credit, but I believe it could be used as a dining plan “snack.” Someone on here said that with preordering you can only use one method of payment- so if you use your dining plan, I’m guessing it would charge you a QS credit per meal and then a snack credit per cupcake. I hope we don’t have to order separately because I’ve heard the lines to order at the restaurant kiosks are very long.

I was able to use mobile order and specify not to use a snack credit for my 2 year old’s milk. I think once you put in your items, scoll to the bottom in the review order screen and click on payment method or something like that. You can change an item to charge your card saved in the app instead of your plan.

I was able to use mobile order and specify not to use a snack credit for my 2 year old’s milk. I think once you put in your items, scoll to the bottom in the review order screen and click on payment method or something like that. You can change an item to charge your card saved in the app instead of your plan.

Were you using mobile ordering at another QS place or were you doing a PRE-ORDER for Be Our Guest? Be Our Guest is completely different than the mobile ordering for other places and they will not let you split the payment.

Oh, no we didn’t preorder at BOG because we had 2 parties on one reservation and could not charge 2 different dining plans. My understanding was that was the only limitation, you can’t charge 2 different dining plans but you can pay for anything you buy above your dining plan.

The lines at the kiosks were short for us, we were there for an 8:05 and they let a ton of later people in ahead of us. I do NOT like the way they seat people. We could not get either of the 2 neater rooms, we were stuck in the main hall, because they let a ton of people In ahead of us that they shouldn’t. But the ordering lines were still short.

AH! Thank you so much! I asked about this before and answers were unclear. SO good to know! Maybe you can a answer this- when mobile ordering with the dining plan, does it decide what credits to use or do you choose? For example, if I’m ordering 3 Mickey pretzels and want to use a QS credit instead of 3 snacks credits can I specify to pay with QS credit?

AH! Thank you so much! I asked about this before and answers were unclear. SO good to know! Maybe you can a answer this- when mobile ordering with the dining plan, does it decide what credits to use or do you choose? For example, if I’m ordering 3 Mickey pretzels and want to use a QS credit instead of 3 snacks credits can I specify to pay with QS credit?
That you cannot do with mobile. It will take them as snacks or you can change it to credit card for those items. It will not convert meals.

This is all good info! I've also sent Disney an email asking about how this works, and I'll share their reply here too. We LOVE the mobile ordering feature, but the main part we want to accomplish is to use a QS credit, and also get into the parks early:flower1:. I don't normally order desert at breakfast--but I remember LOVING that cupcake...and well, its vacation right???

This is all good info! I've also sent Disney an email asking about how this works, and I'll share their reply here too. We LOVE the mobile ordering feature, but the main part we want to accomplish is to use a QS credit, and also get into the parks early:flower1:. I don't normally order desert at breakfast--but I remember LOVING that cupcake...and well, its vacation right???
Right! I know we get a platter of pastries too but I just have to try “the grey stuff”! Love the vacation excuse :-)

Ah, another reason I'm happy we didn't get the dining plan! Right now I have bfast at BOG (hoping to switch it to lunch) but the gray stuff cupcake is on my list either way! Last year we did BOG for lunch and I was so excited and overwhelmed I totally forgot to order the cupcake haha.

Ah, another reason I'm happy we didn't get the dining plan! Right now I have bfast at BOG (hoping to switch it to lunch) but the gray stuff cupcake is on my list either way! Last year we did BOG for lunch and I was so excited and overwhelmed I totally forgot to order the cupcake haha.

That is where advance ordering is good. :)

You CANNOT do MOBILE ordering at BoG. It is completely different. You can PRE-order your food at BoG starting 30 days before your ADR. You should be able to use a QS credit for your meal and a snack credit for the cupcake.

You CANNOT do MOBILE ordering at BoG. It is completely different. You can PRE-order your food at BoG starting 30 days before your ADR. You should be able to use a QS credit for your meal and a snack credit for the cupcake.
So preordering is just placing your order in advance, but you pay when you get there? Versus mobile ordering it immediately charges your account? I am still learning all of this! Thank you!

So preordering is just placing your order in advance, but you pay when you get there? Versus mobile ordering it immediately charges your account? I am still learning all of this! Thank you!

Yes, that is correct. BoG is the ONLY place where you can preorder. Mobile ordering is available at almost all the other QS places across the parks.

Just realizing we cant split the check (two different DDP) so we cant pre order.. THIS SUCKS bc I booked this breakfast before EMH came out and of course its on our BOG breakfast day the ONLY day we could do it...

You can't use a snack credit for the cupcake?
yes you can use it as an additional snack credit, but you cannot include it in your pre-order, you have to wait until you get there to order it and redeem your Snack Credit.
And no, you cannot substitute the dessert for the actual items included in the Dining Plan breakfast meal at BoG. You can only use your QS credit for the meal item and a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter