Dining plan confusion.

Diz22

Mouseketeer
Booked the winter offer for this December staying at Newport Bay with the free half board plus.
Dining seems to have changed since our last visit and trying to find some exact information is proving difficult.
I booked with Disney over the phone - the agent stated breakfast was in the park. The website info about the meal plan states it's in the hotel. Can anyone clarify?
I'm aware of the different plans and had thought of upgrading to compass club but other than calling can find no information. Does anyone have any experience of Compass club or any idea of cost?

As far as I am aware, from posters on another forum, the free half board breakfast is in the park. This means you get a quick service breakfast at Cafe Hyperion. I have also seen reports that one of the resturants in The Village and other places in the park such as Pizzeria Bella Notre and Cable Car Bakery are also serving the quick service breakfast. Im sure that it all depends on guest numbers, how many places are serving breakfast on a particular day.

The quick service breakfast is a hot drink, a juice, and a choice of two items, either pain au chocolat, croissant, bread roll or bacon omlette burger

Anyone using the free dining plan breakfast in the park vouchers MAY have the option to add extra money to the voucher for the hotel breakfast BUT this is not a guarantee. It depends on the CM and how many people have the hotel breakfast voucher. Some people on another forum were able to pay the extra and have the hotel breakfast, some people have not been able to and had to go to Cafe Hyperion.

Someone posted on another forum that in September they were staying at Sequoia Lodge and used the park breakfast voucher to collect a to go breakfast in the bar area of Sequoia Lodge. Again this may or may not be available when you visit and may or may not be available in other hotels.

I would go with the expectation of only being able to get the quick service breakfast at Cafe Hyperion. That way when you get there and if you see other options, its a happy bonus and you are not feeling disappointed or cheated or start your day in a negative way.

That sounds like a good idea. It's what I'd expected when I booked. It was only searching the website for info on upgrading that I noticed it said hotel breakfast. I do love the hot breakfast at Newport bay but at the end of the day we are not going to DLP for the food !

We had the free half board plus. Our breakfast vouchers had printed on them that they were valid only at the Cafe Hyperion and Pizzaria Bella Notre, however only the Cafe Hyperion was open during our stay.

We went in with low expectations, but really the bacon omlette burger was surprisingly nice, and the pastry and coffee were fine. It was nothing special, but I didn't feel sad about eating there more than once. That being said, we arrived early each morning for breakfast and although it was not busy we experienced queues due to problems with the tills. By about a quarter to nine the queues were pretty big. If I'd been in the back of those queues my impression of the food would have been quite different.

I don’t know how it works for Newport but we just came back from Disneyland hotel and we also book the half boards package and we got breakfast at innovations every morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter