DINING PLAN DVC

Jeanine3kids

Mouseketeer
I was wondering since I am doing a spilt stay is there anyway that my dining plan can be linked so it doesn't expire.

Jeanine

No. All of your credits will expire at midnight of your first stay’s checkout day. There is no way to roll them over to the next reservation.

This is exactly why I was insistent that we didn't do a split stay this time around, even though it mean we didn't get to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk which is a little bit of a bummer because we will be spending a lot of time at Epcot. But we used the points and did a Savannah view room at AKL instead, so a reasonable compromise.

We had a split stay over thanksgiving week (both stays with dining plan). They extended our credits for us on check out/check in day. The total number of credits for our 2nd stay was incremented by the unused credits from the first stay.

This was from BCV to Kidani. The front desk staff at Kidani extended the credits, and it had to be done before midnight when they expired. Credits had to be the same type of credits - snack credits to snack credits, and deluxe to deluxe.

We had a split stay over thanksgiving week (both stays with dining plan). They extended our credits for us on check out/check in day. The total number of credits for our 2nd stay was incremented by the unused credits from the first stay.

This was from BCV to Kidani. The front desk staff at Kidani extended the credits, and it had to be done before midnight when they expired. Credits had to be the same type of credits - snack credits to snack credits, and deluxe to deluxe.

WOW! I have NEVER seen/heard of this happening. You got some MAJOR pixie dust. Please be grateful and enjoy what you were given, but PLEASE do not set others ups to expect it to happen to them. Not saying you are doing that here; you're just sharing your experience. Just want to keep things real for anyone who comes along weeks/months from now and sees this.

I love doing split stays on DVC because the dining plan is too much for my whole stay. We are arriving at 9am and can use our credits til midnight on checkout day which gives me almost 5 full days to use 4 nights worth of credits. I do all of my high ticket dining up front and then the cheaper stuff later when we get tired of eating. This seems to work REALLY well for me.

So first half of stay we are doing AP storybook dining, CP dinner, Ohana dinner and tusker house lunch with RoL package, BoG lunch and breakfast, and a day eating around the festival of the arts booths to use snack credits. Second half we're doing via napoli, mama melrose (planning to share steak), Plaza (planning to share a meal) and no real plan for CS. I don't eat that much and share a lot with my son but there are some AYCTE experiences we want so I just bite the bullet and pay. The DDP makes that a little easier.

Just throwing that out there as an option for someone who reads about split stay and DVC, it's one of the benefits of splitting your stay IMO - you don't have to do the DDP for a whole long trip

So exact same type of DDP with exact number of guests?

Regardless, that was a VERY nice courtesy. We split stay with the DDP a lot and planning out credits is a pain...

Last edited:
So exact same type of DDP with exact number of guests?

Same type of plan (deluxe) but 1 less guest on the 2nd stay (6 to 5 people).

I talked to 3 people at AKV front desk before we actually did the extension that night (to make sure we didn’t need to use up credits) and they all seemed to be familiar with the practice. I asked because when we were at Mara, I asked if I could use the mug credits on the new plan when I hadn’t used up the other credits on the old plan yet. Not only did the Mara cashier make it work (she wrote down our room number and some other info and said she would run it the next morning), she told me we could ask the front desk about extending the first plan’s credits. I must have seemed skeptical because she told me not many people knew it was possible but to ask the front desk about it before midnight.

I was also told that if there was a change in dining plan type then we could only extend the common credits (ie deluxe to regular would mean we could only extend the snack credits)

We do split stays often as well and this is the first time we’ve been able to do this.

I've seen several posts about carrying over credits in the past few weeks. Here's one:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/split-stay-ddp-credits-extended.3725295/

In Post #13, someone says that they were told it is at the discretion of the CM at the second resort as to whether you can do it, or not. IMO, this is nonsense. Pixie dust is one thing, but whether or not you can save the money you spent on the DP by carrying over credits should be an across the board policy, not something that's just up to someone working the front desk.

The across the board policy is, you have to use all the credits from the first reservation before using any credits from the second reservation. Exceptions are, well, exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!