Dining Plan issues (renamed thread)

noladave

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
1st trip with DDP, and overall I have to rate it a good buy.

HOWEVER (or BUT), I have a few warnings/comments.

When we checked into the WL, our CM noticed that we were on the DDP and premium your way (or whatever, I forget the exact verbage), and started laying out all of the literature, including the DDP stuff. When we asked if we could get one of the "good rooms", she checked, and gave us one in the 5000-5003 range. Great rooms, not sure if it had anything to do with buying the DDP, or just lucky.

Back to the DDP, we were originally told that meals at the Royal Table (Cinderella) would count as 2 full service meals. We had our meal, and the waitress was absolutely horrible, and screwed up all of our DDP's (we ate with other family members also on the DDP). We had to go back to the hotel, and upon further review, they stated that since we had made our reservations prior to February, the Royal Table meal would count as only 1 full service meal. Was I the last to know about this? Any way, the CM corrected our DDP, and we were fine from that point on.

My only other complaint about the DDP is the inflexibility of things like small popcorn is a snack, a bucket is not part of DDP. Same thing with the soft server ice cream - why can't that be part of the DDP, and count as a snack?

Oh well, as I said, an overall decent experience, and would buy the DDP again. We ate at Royal Table, Liberty Tree, Sci-Fi, Planet Hollywood, and Crystal Palace - also at Rainforest Cafe, but that's not on DDP.

Was I the last to know about this?
I suspect it was guest recovery -- in other words, they made an exception for you due to the horrible experience you said you had.

My only other complaint about the DDP is the inflexibility of things like small popcorn is a snack, a bucket is not part of DDP.
That sound fair to me. A bucket is bigger than a small box, so it isn't a snack.

Same thing with the soft server ice cream - why can't that be part of the DDP, and count as a snack?
There could be any number of reasons, not the least of which is, "because." The plan has restrictions, but is still a good deal for many.

Snacks have the most limitations of anything on the dinning plan. Actually snacks are just about the only serious limitation.

The only pet peeve I did have regarding snacks was the lack of uniformity in snack carts accepting the plan. It seemed to be a training issue. Some carts at MGM took it, others didn't. In one case we went to one cart to get an ice cream and the CM said that he couldn't take the plan. I couldn't find another cart and ended up back at the same cart later in the day with a different CM and they took the plan without a problem.

We ended up with a bunch of snack credits at the end of our stay. I sent my kids to get extra mickey bars and rice krispie mickeys and bottled waters, and we still ended up with 5 or 6 left over. I thought perhaps they might be charging the snacks to our room instead of using the DDP credits, but nothing showed up on the bill.

ok, checking out in the morning, just a follow up.

Apparently last night, we had another issue with CM's not charging things properly.

I guess if you only dine out with just the people in your room, you won't have a problem. However, we had another CM screw it up, as we were dining with other family members not on our plan, but on their own.

As my DW said, it's not hard to figure out (they do ask) as we have a code right on the card that says A03C01 (adult 3 child 1).

Oh well, aside from CM's not charging properly, the DDP did work out to some extent, and the main thing of not having to charge $$$ for meals was kind of nice.

When we go back, we plan on getting it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter