Dining plan question

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
This is in regards to buying the dining plan. If I have 2 bedroom booked and there are going to be 6 in all, I know everyone has to be on the plan which is fine. But what if some of the guests are not arriving until a day or 2 after you? How does that work? Would I just go down to the desk after they arrive and add them? It's still $37.99, right?

Thanks!

The rules are clear as you seem to know. However, the implementation is unclear. We've had no specific info so far on DVC plans related to this issue. I've seen a couple of posts about adding a person later and getting a card but not having to pay for the dining plan. I don't frequent the restaurant BBS and would guess there is a lot more experience over there. Knowing Disney I can bet the actual answers at ground zero will be all over the place.

byoung said:
Call MS and find out for sure.
The problem with this is that all MS can tell him is the rules, which he already knows. Certainly one can list them all and get the DP on check in but what happens if they don't show up on time or at all. The problem is that there is no rule that allows for any variability. The info to several related questions may be available in part on the restaurant board. But we all know that DVC tends to run slightly off cycle. Unfortunately, the only answer to this questions is either list them all on check in OR find out what the person you are dealing with thinks the answer is when the time comes. If it were me, I'd email MS and ask, but I've actually already done that and my answers are based on the response.

While, as with many things Disney, it may depend on the CM at the time - usually, to get the DP added to DVC reservations, it must be ordered in advance (it is not available at check-in). As everyone realizes, it must be purchased for the entire stay by everyone staying in the room.

Since it needs to be ordered in advance, it would seem that they may not allow you to add guests to the plan a few days after arrival.

I guess it can't hurt to ask though.

Good luck! :)

WebmasterDoc said:
While, as with many things Disney, it may depend on the CM at the time - usually, to get the DP added to DVC reservations, it must be ordered in advance (it is not available at check-in). As everyone realizes, it must be purchased for the entire stay by everyone staying in the room.

Since it needs to be ordered in advance, it would seem that they may not allow you to add guests to the plan a few days after arrival.

I guess it can't hurt to ask though.

Good luck! :)
Rob, it does create quite a quandary. Must be done ahead of time but for all in the party for the entire time. Quite the conflicting circumstances when you have guests that arrive later or even last minute. But I don't think I've seen any reports that you have to decide who and how many up front, only to add or not add the option in general terms. Plus I don't know what happens if you tell them to add it but change your mind on arrival, I'm doubting you'd be forced to go through with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!