Dining Plan question

auamyr

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for Spring Break for my children, 15, and 11, and my mom, and me. I want to do the regular dining plan, but my 11 year old doesn't eat the food in the park so we generally just pack her sandwiches and snacks for during the day. Are you required to buy a plan for all members in your group? I just hate to pay for an adult plan for a person who won't use it since it's around $75 per day.

Everyone on a reservation is required to have the same plan. If you're not all in one room, you can buy the plan for only one room, and have the other on a separate reservation. Also, the rest of thw party can use her credits. Disney doesn't care what order you use the in, or who eats what.

I am planning a trip for Spring Break for my children, 15, and 11, and my mom, and me. I want to do the regular dining plan, but my 11 year old doesn't eat the food in the park so we generally just pack her sandwiches and snacks for during the day. Are you required to buy a plan for all members in your group? I just hate to pay for an adult plan for a person who won't use it since it's around $75 per day.

Yes, if all four of you are in one room, everyone in the room must be on the same meal plan. You can use her credits to allow all of you to do some signature dining, but you'd still have the QS credits and snacks.

It sounds like you'll do better foregoing the dining plan and paying OOP.

We have a similar situation/ages, but still booked a "free" dining package. Since they are all Disney adults, we will most often be paying OOP for the youngest at our TS meals (except buffets of course), and disperse the extra credits to the other three of us to do a signature dining meal at 2 credits each. For QS meals, we may still pay OOP sometimes for the youngest, since he might only eat fries and fruit. This will allow the biggest eater, my husband, to also get a full breakfast most days using those QS credits, so the biggest eater can have 2 QS, 1 TS, and 2 snacks per day. Our youngest will definitely gobble up his snack credits though; we may even use them at QS locations to replace his meals there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter