Dining plan questions

california37

Mouseketeer
Hi all
Just wondered if anyone has been recently with the dining plan and if they could repot where breakfast was? If it was in the park Could you upgrade for breakfast in the hotel and if so how much?
We are staying at sequoia but have 3 kids with us (one under 2) and I don’t think he will wait till we get to the park! But some info says breakfast in park others say breakfast in hotel....

Also looking at some menus for the meal plan ‘plus’ (which is what we have staying at sequoia) are we able to substitute (and pay extra if needed)?
For example if we ate at cafe Mickey could I have a pizza instead of the meal plan offerings? We have booked chez Rémy already but I’m hoping I can swap out the steak option! If not it’s fine!
Thanks for your insight and help!

I think it depends on the new plan you have. If you got it free (under an offer) then breakfast is in the park at one of the quick service restaurants , if you paid for it then its in your hotel

So, is the information on this website incorrect:

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

It says: "The Breakfast Voucher: For all plans allows you to enjoy breakfast at your hotel's buffet." (from 29 March 2017)

The official website (http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/meal-plans.html) also says this: "Half board: This includes a breakfast buffet at your hotel & one meal (lunch or dinner) per person, for each night of your stay." (from 21 March 2018)

We booked in August 2017 for a visit in June 2018 staying at the Newport Bay Club. The "meal plan" we selected is the "Plus Meal Plan - Half Board". We thought that it included breakfast in the hotel. I *think* we paid "extra" for the meal plan (the "free" offer was some kind of "stay X nights for the price of Y nights" from memory).

Hi- yes we have got the ‘free half board plus’ option on our up coming stay in a few weeks.
So has anyone paid extra to upgrade for breakfast in the hotel? We’ve paid a bit more for a character breakfast for one morning (hoping to reduce wait times for characters!) which I know is in the plaza gardens restaurant.

Also can you substitute food on the meal options?

Thanks guys

from trip reports I read before Christmas, anyone with the free meal plan option could only have a quick service breakfast in a specified restaurant in the park. People reported back that the name of the restaurant was printed on the vouchers when they received them at checkin. When Discoveryland is open for EMH then the quick service breakfast is served there in Cafe Hyperion. Other places where the quick service breakfast was available were Pizzeria Belle Notre in Fantasyland and Restaurant en Coullisse in The Studios.

People reported back that they tried to pay the difference for the hotel breakfast. Some were successful, some were not. It depends on the CM or more likely hotel occupancy rate, as the people with the hotel breakfast option get first priority.

I would go with the expectation of only having the quick service breakfast in whichever park restaurant is specified on your vouchers when you get them. There is a possibility you may be able to pay for the hotel breakfast but I would not plan on it happening. If it does, then great an added bonus. You still have your character breakfast, anyway, no matter what :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter