Dining plan -- to go? And other dining plan questions.

KatieCharlotte

DIS Veteran
We purchased the "blue Friday" dining deal for the family, including a couple of teenagers who are constantly hungry.

The rules indicate that you can't get anything "to go" but obviously that doesn't apply to drinks? What about sides/desserts? Is there a problem with taking a fruit cup or a cookie to go? Can you bring snacks into the stadiums? I assume that the rule is there to prevent sharing, but we'll all have the plan. I'm just envisioning my teenage son wanting more food while my youngest wants to get a good seat at the shows.

Also, icees are included right? Are these just at expedition café? Are there signs to indicate if something (other than alcohol or souvenir cups) isn't included? Are there rules about what/how much we can get at breakfast, which doesn't seem to have entrees? (One pastry is plenty for most of us, but not the teenage boy.)

Are there any restaurants that are more or less likely to have endless lines when my bottomless pits need one more cup of fruit, etc.?

We had no problems taking things with us. You can take things to eat into the stadiums, but please be considerate of those around you.

Some places have clear signage saying what you can have and others did't/ Just ask.

Some places like the coffee spot has nothing to indicate it is included, but we asked, and it was.

Also, at the sampler booths, if they have any open when you are there gave us a 30% discount.

Icees are available at a number of spots and are included.

Just know that SW no longer gives straws, so I will be taking reusuable ones the next time I go.

The coffee place did give us paper straws, but they are sort of flimsy. We got the frozen coffee.

I suggest you try the hot chocolate at some point. I could not believe how rich it was.

Meals are once per hour, but drinks are unlimited.

No way to know what lines will be, but we were there Thanksgiving week, and I can't remember having to wait very long anywhere.

Thank you. I love real hot chocolate, so thanks for the tip -- I will have to try it! In the stadiums, we'll just eat while waiting for the show to start. It's good to know that we can. My youngest is a huge fan of marine animals, but my teenagers think the highlight will be the eating. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter