Dining Plan? What Are The Best Ts And Cs?

Pluto's Honey

DIS Veteran
we were not going to do the dining plan but have changed our minds!! :cheer2: My friend came back this week and it was $150 for supper at Ohana. :scared1: The cost for use for the dining plan for the day is way around 127. So my questions are what are the best table services to do. We will be there from Thursday evening to wednesday morning. We have also upgraded to water parks and more so we will be going to DTD some and the parks. :banana: :banana: We are so excited.!!!!!

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "best"? If you are talking about the most bang for your buck, Le Cellier is always a good selection...really a good selection either way....

You could consider "Best Bang for my Buck" :goodvibes But was actually talking about the food, atmosphere, character dining...those kind of things. Would you go back. Are there any that you would go to 2 times on the same trip? Thanks for the quick replies!! :thumbsup2

I definitely agree on Le Cellier. I also enjoy Teppanyaki Dining room. Planning to try O'hana for the first time this trip.

TS:

We enjoyed Le Cellier, Boma, Chef Mickey's was fun.

We HATED Capt. Jack's and Big River Grill.

CS:

Loved the Pepper Market and Wolfgang Puck Express. Animal Kingdom also had good CS.

Pluto's Honey said:
we were not going to do the dining plan but have changed our minds!! :cheer2: My friend came back this week and it was $150 for supper at Ohana. :scared1: The cost for use for the dining plan for the day is way around 127. So my questions are what are the best table services to do. We will be there from Thursday evening to wednesday morning. We have also upgraded to water parks and more so we will be going to DTD some and the parks. :banana: :banana: We are so excited.!!!!!

There was actually a website that had a list of "best TS deals". I'm sure LeCellier was at the top. We try to make sure we use our TS wisely and pay OOP for the cheaper TS meals. In addition to LeCellier, we also choose Coral Reef, Kona Cafe and Concourse Steakhouse. Keep in mind that some more expensive restraurants require you to use 2TS credits for each person. When calculating the best price you need to look at the appetizer and deserts, some appetizers are close to $10. Also remember that the DDP includes taxes and grautity, so the savings get bigger. Maybe the list I spoke of is either on mousesaver.com or wdwig.com, or maybe right here on wdwinfo.com.

We enjoyed all of our TS meals which included Crystal Palace (breakfast), 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Whispering Canyon (dinner), Cindy's (dinner) and most definatley LeCellier (dinner)

We will be eating at most all of these again in December :banana:

As for CS, we weren't overly impressed with any. I would recommend Sunshine Seasons at Epcot and Cosmic Ray's in the MK.

Looking at the options, I'd say the best TS would be Chefs de France and Coral Reef. They're basically the best and second-best 1 TS restaurants in the parks.

Le Cellier and 1900 Park Fare.

I agree with another poster about counter service---the food is nothing to write home about, not to mention the long lines and haphazard seating.

Karen

Artist Point is our favorite TS meal (though it does take 2 credits per person). Tusker House in AK is a great CS meal and could count as a dinner. Portions are generous and the food is delicious (especially the salmon). Jiko is another great TS dinner place (2 credits). Chef Mickey's is great for the characters, but the food is just okay, IMO.

Enjoy!

Ok now I have to many adr's for my ts's. With all of your help I got a little carried a way I already had some picked so I have

Breakfast:
Princess Storybook Breakfast for my DD9 for Snow White
Ohana Lilo and Stitch for me :goodvibes (can't wait to see Stitch)
Kona

Lunch:
Sci Fi dinner
Rainforest at Ak (I am thinking of canceling cause it isn't on dining plan?>?>)

Dinner:
coral reef
Ohana
LeCellier
Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic pkg
Chef Mickey

WE are planning on going to Epcot when we arrive and tuesday morning, Mk on Fri all day and sunday night, Waterparks on saturday, and some mid days. Ak on Sunday til afternoon. Mgm on monday all day
Tuesday is only epcot for morning and then whatever we missed or want to double and only breakfast at ohana on wednesday with evening plane trip.

Believe it or not I was still wanting to fit in Teppanyakiat Japan and 1900 park fare ...It will not all fit. I thought about paying for the cheaper--kona breakfast only ordering 2 meals so we can experience and the same at sci fi but use 2 credits ther and pay for ohana breakfast. What would you wonderful Disers suggest to this kid (me) that has never been to the world and is about to :bitelip: explode with excitement!!

holden said:
Artist Point is our favorite TS meal (though it does take 2 credits per person). Tusker House in AK is a great CS meal and could count as a dinner. Portions are generous and the food is delicious (especially the salmon). Jiko is another great TS dinner place (2 credits). Chef Mickey's is great for the characters, but the food is just okay, IMO.

Enjoy!

If we cancel Rainforest we could use Tusker and it is a cs. That might work for AK...With all my other choices I couldn't afford to add a ts :guilty: Thanks

bicker said:
Looking at the options, I'd say the best TS would be Chefs de France and Coral Reef. They're basically the best and second-best 1 TS restaurants in the parks.

Thanks I am excited about Coral Reef but I guess the name Chef de France just made it sound to Fancy to me...I will check it out when we go to see if we want to book it on our next trip(cause I am sure Disney will be like eating a pringles Once you pop you just can't stop. Once I go I just wont stop!!)

I do not know about the best TS/CS meals in WDW, but I can say that everywhere we ate, we were very satisfied (although, I do find that the WDW food portions are quite large).
We ate at the following, and found each and everyone great.

Dinner

Boatwright's:- was good, not amazing, but good.
Hollywood and Vine:- was good
Whispering Canyon:- if you have kids you have to go here, food was great, atmosphere was fabulous...servers were very fun!
Boma:- wait to get a table was long, but well worth the wait, the food was awesome, atmosphere was just as good.
Cap'n Jacks:- Service was very good, despite it being very busy, they got us in right away...the food was just okay, not the best!

Breakfast

Ohana Character:- this was the best meal we had, the server was fabulous, the characters were very interactive with the children, the food was plenty and ver delicious....this is a must do!!!!

Our best CS meal was at Epcot in Moroco...it was so delicious. I love CousCous, and the swarmas were very good.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter