Dining Plan with 2 adults, 3 Disney kids for a first visit

Yes, vast majority we're looking at are character meals. We didn't have Garden Grill on our original list, but now I'm thinking it should be. I'm also looking at adding the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, based on recommendations in this thread.

It's interesting, people have very varied opinions about Hollywood and Vine. Some insist it's terrible, others say it's fine and that complaints are exaggerated. Our friends who went in December said it was one of theirs and their kids' favorites. I have it on our list right now because I want the Fantasmic seating and it seems to be a better fit for our family than Mama Melrose or Hollywood Brown Derby. I guess we shall see...
Trattoria is worth the trouble and be warned some girls never get over the princess thing. We are going there in June so the 17 year old can get her Rapunzel fix and for that matter Garden Grill as well. She told me GG because how else would she meet Chip and Dale?

Yes, vast majority we're looking at are character meals. We didn't have Garden Grill on our original list, but now I'm thinking it should be. I'm also looking at adding the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, based on recommendations in this thread.

It's interesting, people have very varied opinions about Hollywood and Vine. Some insist it's terrible, others say it's fine and that complaints are exaggerated. Our friends who went in December said it was one of theirs and their kids' favorites. I have it on our list right now because I want the Fantasmic seating and it seems to be a better fit for our family than Mama Melrose or Hollywood Brown Derby. I guess we shall see...
I'm in the "H&V isn't terrible" group. It's definitely not the best meal I've had, but its edible and we enjoyed the characters.

We definitely prefer the seating for Fantasmic plus the great character experiences at Hollywood and Vine. The food is fine, its buffet. I mean, its not Cape May dinner with crab legs and a carving station, but the food is pretty normal kid friendly options and the characters are dressed adorably, which is nice to get pictures with them in their fun clothes. We wouldn't switch to either of the other options for the seating. Also, Im glad you found my thoughts helpful, you never know if what you think actually makes sense to everyone via the internet, LOL! If you have anything else you need to ask of pick my brain about, im more than happy to help, i know how hard it is to plan for so many girls and try to get as much magic for your time and money as possible!

Also, Garden Grill is a fun one too if your kids like Chip and Dale. Our oldest didn't know who they were the first time we ate there, but the food is family style and pretty good too. The moving restaurant is fun, though not as exciting for the kids as i expected since it takes awhile to notice that you've actually moved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter