Dining Plan ???

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
My office will send me to WDW in July for a conference. They will pay for me and my family to stay at CSR. I'm thinking of getting an Annual Pass b/c I want to do an Oct trip and 3/08 trip on points. Can I some how buy the dining plan??? My offfice obviously won't buy passes or dining plans. I know if anyone could figure this out for me my Dis friends can. TIA!!!!

My husband and I are going in August to CSR for a trade show for his company. We booked our rooms through the group reservations that the conference had set up with Disney. The dining plan was not an option for us--we asked! I don't know if you are booking through group reservations or not, but if you are, I would say the dining plan is not possible. We had to book through group ressies to get the discounted rate for the conference--his company won't pay the standard rate.

To get the dining plan you must purchase what amounts to a package, which includes:

1. Paying full rack rate for the room
2. Purchasing MYW tickets for everyong
3. PUrchasing the DP for everyone.

Since as mentioned by TwingleMom, most likely your company is not paying full rack rate for the room. Therefore in that case you would not be eligible for the DP.

I thought DVC members could purchase the dining plan when staying at DVC resorts on points. I didn't know if there was a loophole or way around it. I also thought a good option would be to buy DDE instead.

Yes, DVC members staying at DVC resorts on DVC points can pay for the Dining Plan. It must be for everyone staying in the room, and must be for the entire duration of the reservation.

I thought DVC members could purchase the dining plan when staying at DVC resorts on points. I didn't know if there was a loophole or way around it. I also thought a good option would be to buy DDE instead.

Yes, that's true, but you are NOT staying at a DVC resort on points, so not elegible. DDE is a good choice if you are an AP holder.

My office will send me to WDW in July for a conference. They will pay for me and my family to stay at CSR. I'm thinking of getting an Annual Pass b/c I want to do an Oct trip and 3/08 trip on points. Can I some how buy the dining plan??? My offfice obviously won't buy passes or dining plans. I know if anyone could figure this out for me my Dis friends can. TIA!!!!
Don't give up yet. It's true you likely won't be able to get the conference rate and do this but you may still be able to make it work. You could book the resort independently at a possibly higher price, get a 1 day ticket for each person and get the DDP. You could then likely get your company to pay for the room and the per diem for meals and you'd pay the rest. Worse case scenario is you pay the difference in the room costs. You might find the company balks if the room price is too much higher than the conference price for full payment. And many companies, esp government related entities, will use the government per diem rates as a ceiling and not pay over that even if your cost is more. You could then upgrade the 1 day to an AP or other option if you wanted even using the DVC discount.

This came up recently on DVC talk and I also asked the CFO at one of the hospitals just last week how they handle it. We had an interesting discussion about some of the behind the scenes stuff and some of the government issues over the last few years. For example, the government had proposed a few years ago that companies be responsible for and take charge of, any FF miles generated by and paid for in this manner. I know when I was in the military, the governments position was that any FF miles earned on their dime was theirs but they had no way to enforce it or police it. I had also emailed our CFO at my company a related question about 2 weeks ago, that is whether one could collect the per diem for housing instead of presenting a receipt. The reason was using reward points and timeshares for business travel. This thread reminded me I hadn't heard back from him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter