Dining Questions

amy390

Mouseketeer
Ok, we're booked & ready to go 9/23-9/30 at CBR w/free dining! Can't wait to go but I'm so intimidated with planning ADRs, character meals, etc. Would like to do 3 character meals (1 breakfast/1 lunch/1 dinner), and 2 nice dinners for as well for me, DH & DD (4). Any suggestions on what to do. Which Cinderella meal is better, breakfast, lunch or dinner? How is Chef Mickeys, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Mickey's Backyard BBQ? Heard Coral Reef is great for dinner, Capt'n Jacks, Beach Club Buffet. Any and all suggestions and help would be really appreciated. I'm a first timer ! Thanks. :cool1:

I am so excited for you and you need to get your res asap. We just got back in Jan and I am going again sep25-30 and can't wait. Here are some of the places I went and you are welcome to contact me personally and I would be happy to help you. I love to help plan trips. JackieLeonard@mchsi.com

Character meals Crystal palace in MK buffet of Prime Rib, alfredo and salmon very good features Pooh & friends.
Restrauntsaurus in AK a great hot and cold buffet, this is the only meal with Donald. We loved it in Jan and are going back.
Cindy at Castle we made a point to go in Jan when it was still just took up one meal. Went for lunch and it was great food but I don not thinnk it is worth taking up two meals.
Sotrybook meal with Aurora in EPCOT this is sleeping beauty and at least 3 other princesses. It is only one meal and great, we are doing this in Sep but for lunch.
LeCleair Steakhouse in EPcot Canada is awesome this would be a nice evening meal
MGM Primetime cafe is great fun we are ging back there.
Fulton's carbhouse in Downtown was very good seafood. No reservations for here taken but if you go around 5 you should sit right down.
Garden Grill in EPcot is a meal with goofey and pretty good has more natural food from the land

We ar eatttending the Not so scarry halloween party on the 29 and I can't wait

First, realize that there is no way you can do it all in one trip!

Cinderella's is purely atmosphere. The food isn't that great, and it costs 2 TS. That said, with a 4 year old DD, it is probably a "must do." Make your reservations way in advance. You might consider the princess lunch in Epcot as an alternative if you can't get reservations for the castle.

Cap'n Jack's is a walk in and wait restaurant--they don't take ADRs. This might not be good with a 4 year old.

Your best "bargain" on the DDP is character dinners rather than breakfasts. There are good dinners at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella, fairy godmother, sewing mice), Liberty Tree Tavern (Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale), Garden Grill at the Land in Epcot (same characters), Chef Mickey's (same with some additions", Crystal Palace (Pooh characters.)

Personally, I didn't like Donald's breakfast at AK. . Food was just ok, characters were rushed. Breakfast at Cape May Cafe at Beach Club is good, and easy to do on an MGM or Epcot day.

Coral Reef is great, and the fish will keep DD entertained. COncourse Steak House is good.

You can see the menus (all are subject to change) at allearsnet.com Decide what kind of food you like, and make your ADRs appropriately. Remember that with a 4 year old, you don't want to eat too late.

Last year we did the Princess breakfast in Akershus (Norway- Epcot). Its buffet and the princesses (Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White for us) were very attentive and spent lots of time with my DD who was 4 at the time. We're doing it again this year. If your DD loves princesses like mine does, this is a great CM.

We are staying at the PC 9/23-9/30 and I was having the same "difficulties" that you are. I am so excited there is free dining, but am overwhelmed with the decisions. I am going with my mother and dds 5 and 3. DH is staying home with my twin ds (9 months now). I have taken the girls 2 times before and they loved the character meals! Here is what I have decided to do!

Lunch with princesses in Norway--food is ok, but the girls LOVED it the last time!
Breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh--liked the food
Dinner at Liberty Tree (character) (love it here)
Dinner at Primetime Cafe, Le Cellier, and Hoop de Do Revue. I have never gone to any of these places and am so looking forward to it.

I am so excited!!!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter