Dining Reports Day 2

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
Cast is myself obsessed planner who does not like beef (except hamburgers )and DH who eats anything as long as it is not a hot dog or counter service

Day 4

Lunch @ Olivia's

We rented boats from Old Key West so we grabbed a quick lunch at Olivia's..I had the Turkey Club Sandwich and DH had the cheeseburger and ff's , we both had diet cokes...food was good nothing special and service was borderline rude. We will not be returning here...total before tip (which was small) $24

Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern

This was a new one for both of us and we really enjoyed it. We both had sweet teas and the family style turkey dinner...everything was hot and fresh and the bread and honey butter were some of the best we ever had. Warm apple cobbler was for dessert and we were so full we just tasted it, but it was very good. Character interaction was cute and service was good not great but good...our server seemed very rushed (which I am sure he was), he did not make us feel rushed but you could really tell he was having a hectic evening...total before tip was $46

Day 5

Lunch @ Animal Kingdom RFC

DH and I split the buffalo chicken salad and a pizza that is not on the allearsnet menu…it had shrimp four cheeses and a white sauce. For dessert we split the banana’s foster total before tip with two sweet teas was $37.

Dinner @ Big River Grill

DH had the chicken alfredo and the Oktoberfest beer, I had a diet coke and the hazelnut crusted chicken with smashed potatoes…total before tip was $42…this meal was just okay nothing memorable.

Dessert @ Boardwalk Bakery

We took a margarita mini pie and a reeses cup chocolate cake back to the room. Both were yummy total $9

Day 6

Breakfast @ Fresh

We both had the buffet; DH had eggs made to order along with various selections from the buffet. I had the made to order blueberry cream cheese French toast. I thought this would be like the toast at the castle breakfast NOT…it was 2 pieces of bread with blueberry cream cheese smeared on the inside and the fried like French toast. There were also potatoes on the buffet that were so salty you could not even eat them. The fresh squeezed OJ was wonderful but the other fresh squeezed juices all tasted like beet juice. We will not be returning here…service was nice and the buffet was all fresh and hot, we just did not care for it at all. Total before tip…$39…This breakfast location was however a good choice as we were picking up a rental car at the Dolphin.

Lunch @ McDonalds

Since neither of us ate very much at breakfast by around 2ish we were starving (but wet and sloppy because we were at BB) and DH did not want counter service…so how crazy is this , he went through the drive through at McDonalds on the way back to the WL. (does it not make it counter service if you pick it up at the window???? He’s a wacko). Total for 2 big macs and fries $12.

Dinner @ House of Blues

DH had a beer and I a sweet tea…I had the buffalo chicken fingers and fries, DH had the Shrimp Po Boy sandwich and fries, we split a pan of the cornbread with maple butter…the meal was okay nothing special and neither of us liked the cornbread, it had red peppers in it which gave it a non cornbread taste.

Dessert @ Cheesecake Factory

DH had some type of snicker cheesecake and I have the vanilla bean cheesecake…both were excellent. Approx $12

After that we transferred to Universal and headed out a day early before the hurricane. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Originally posted by Pooh67_68
What is sweet tea?

:earseek: :earseek: My mother, a good southern lady, would pass out if she read that! ;) That would be right up there with asking, "Who's Jesus?"

It's iced tea with sugar in it. I myself am addicted to "sweet tea", as are most of my family members. I need to know the places in WDW where you can get it. The real fresh brewed stuff, no instant or bottled. Around here, when you order tea in a restaurant, they ask if you want "sweet" or "unsweet". If they only have "unsweet" and you have to add the sugar yourself, it just isn't the same as if the sugar is added right when it's brewed.

:crazy:

This is definate info. I need before I take my mom in December!

Gem,

The places I got the tea were RFC at AK, HOB at DTD, and Liberty Tree Tavern. I am sure they have it elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter