Dining Reservations Down 8/1 Morning

lloprete

Earning My Ears
As of 6:47am Aug 1, WDW is still experiencing issues (aka "enhancements") with the ADR system. Are others having issues too or has anyone been able to book a ADR this morning?

Here is my conversation with a CM on the website's chat helpline:

Hello! Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World®! My name is Vickie Lee! My friend Figment and I are ready to use our imagination to help you craft the perfect vacation. Let's set our imaginations free and create memories that are a blast!
Hi
Good morning! How can I assist you today?
For the past 20 minutes, whenever I've tried to search for a dinner reservation for 2 at Steakhouse 71, I get the "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem may have occurred while looking for availability. Please ensure if you have a valid resort reservation, it is linked to your My Disney Experience account and try again" message
I'm trying on multiple browsers on multiple computers plus an iPhone with the app installed that's on 5G instead of WiFi

I'll be happy to help! At this time, we are currently undergoing some magical enhancements to our dining reservation system, which is why you are unable to make that reservation at this time. We are currently working on a solution and hope to have this resolved very soon!
Were these planned magical enhancements?
Or "server crashed unexpectedly" magical enhancements?
Also, just to confirm, do you see the issue on your account as well?

At this time, we do not have that exact information. We are working on making sure the system becomes available for use very soon! Cast Members over the phone are also unable to book, so it is not just you. All guests are affected by these enhancements.
Ok. So, no one has been able to make a dining reservation this morning as of 6:27am EDT?
That is correct. We have been experiencing these enhancements for about 15 minutes so far, so nothing has been booked by anyone as of about 15 minutes ago.
Ok. At least we're all in the same boat. In my experience this morning, it seems like a full 28 minutes of issues (Sept 30 became searchable at 6:00am and has been returning errors ever since)
Glad to know someone is actively working on the problem so early in the morning

We are always working to make things magical for you! Is there anything else I can assist you with?

That's absolute garbage. You don't "enhance" a system at the most critical hour of the day. Having early access to dining reservations is one of the only advantages to staying onsite any more.

Calling it "magical" is insulting.

Update: About an hour and a half later the reservation system came back online. It was noticeably enhanced to make my morning more magical. Jk, although the system is back online.

Would You have felt better if they told you the truth:

***, It is not just you
Go pound sand.
IT doesn't want to work in the middle of the night. Once they came in this morning , they realized system was not working. Once they finish their coffee break they will look into issue.
We do not care about you and your trip.

No they replied with sugar not vinegar.

Although tone does matter (sugar vs. vinegar), I do prefer the truth. There is a professional and friendly way for an informed CM to convey information without being overly "sugary". I think the CM I talked to wasn't fully informed of the situation and likely wasn't permitted to learn more about it or tell me more about it. To use the "sugar" analogy, I enjoy a sweet meal, but I was in the mood for steak and the CM slatherede buttercream frosting on it! :D

"Unfortunately, you are not the only one encountering issues with dining reservations this morning. Other guests are in the same boat and unable to make reservations. Our IT department will address the issue as soon as they are able to this morning. System crashes like this are rare but can happen, especially since the system underwent significant maintenance yesterday night."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter