Dining review Sept. 16th thru 23rd "free and not free"

WDisnut

Mouseketeer
There is so much I want to talk about. First I would like to say ADRs are to dining in my mind as a fast pass is to your favorite ride. The time spent wainting for your favorite(s) restaurant(s) is just like waiting in line for to enjoy your favorite ride or you have a "fast pass / ADR". Thats what Dining / TS have become, attractions, better attractions. They have become 1 to 2 hours rides that you leave with more than just an experience.

I'll be reviewing Raglan Road, Spoodles, Ohanas, Whispering Canyon Cafe , Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier Steakhouse , Bomas, and Crystal Palace. ALong with CS and snacks.

Raglan Road - 16th @ ADR for 6:30pm, Great time , the show started about 7:30 to 7:45pm, (NOT 9pm) -band and dancers, yep more than one. Ask for the Grand Room. There was one main dancer, really pretty. I will also never forget my really nice waitress with the Irish accent. She also gave wonderful service-Extra tip-yes. But being a male I don't remember her name. Both of us (me and my GF) had Drunk chicken ( really good sauce and moist chicken) as app. I saw the ribs and wow are they tiny. I have no pics in my review because they are misleading. For a main I had kevin's bacon or something bacon and it was great, well the ham and potatoes. The other stuff on the plate I"ll pass on. My GF got the It's not bleeding chowder. She said it was good but got a stomach ache at night. Dessert I had Marie's Strawberry and Apple Crumble, kind of like a large harder coffee cake with fruit and I believe Ice cream on top. It was ok but I wish it was served warmer. MY GF had Bates Bangher Banoffi Beauty , a small cup with multiple layers and you can really taste the whisky and it was good. More to come !!!

Sept 17th Spoodles, @ 5:20pm . Waitress was great. She reminded me of mrs. pool from that show? Yes it is true, she said about 2 to 3 months ago there are no more add ons allowed on the DDP. She said they were having to keep one cook just making add ons and it was a money issue from disney, I really loved the shrimp and scallops add ons. But the whole meal was wonderful for me. I got the garlic shrimp app, this time more lemon than garlic but still good. GF got the salad - she said salad is salad. I got the Oak-fired New York Strip medium, perfect. GF got the Fettuccini Alfredo. Not being present for the add on conversation, my gf thought it came with something like last year. she Also thought chicken was a staple part of the dish. SO she got a bowl of noodles with Alfredo, and she said it didn't even taste like it did last year.. I think that because there were no add ons :rolleyes1 . But Dessert was a chocolate cake thing with a scoop of Raspberry Gelato with 3 nice sized Raspberrys. I believe it was called Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake. We both got it and it was gooooooood. Oh drinks we both got milkshakes, yeah MCdonalds sytle . Spoodles being next to 2 iceream shops, I thought it should have been better, a real milkshake. But it came with whip cream and a strawberry on top so I didn't mind as much. Some tables around us thought they where being rushed getting there main course before finishing the apps. I had no problem eating my 3 garlic shrimp before getting my steak.

18th Ohanas 625pm ADR . While waiting to be seated I saw a family sleeping in the waiitng room and got a pic. I found out later they had like 1hr 30 min wait. Food: Can you say peanut oil, I think that is what was on everything. I believe the oil crisis in the world today can be blamed on ohanas use of cooking oil :) . Its got to be on everthing, except the salad and dessert, maybe. I'm not saying the food was bad, I really enjoyed everthing ( except the chicken wings, I like mine hot and crispy, these were warm, soft and oily). also I don't like pealing shrimp, cuz you got to de-vien them. It just takes away from the enjoyment of the shrimp. I really enjoyed the turkey, but like most people I / we loved the desert (bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce), I would like some more please. Fun atmosphere, good food and in my opinion the way a buffet should be run. I loved how the food came to you.. ALot of you anti-buffet people know what I mean, I'm trying to be pc polite. I will try to come here each time I go now.

19th WCC Whispering Canyon Cafe -550 pm Deputy dud says howdy, a really nice guy. The yelling for ketchup got old really quick. The Canyon Skillet is another example of why I have no pics.. they really are misleading. The food was just ok. Chicken was dry and the ribs - small and over sauced. Corn on the cob was over cooked. I did like sausage. We also liked the salad and bread / corn bread. Dessert was the best part, Cinnamon Tortilla with Vanilla Ice Cream and cheese cake with the smoores topping. If we go back again we won't ever get the skillet. I was really looking forward to this place but it was a huge disappointment. Hey WCC can you make a no ketchhup and skillet room. please! I enjoed all other antics and fun, but that darn ketchup.

20th Concourse Steakhouse 600pm My only really bad dining exp. We had a asian waitress "jinx" or something like that. She started of by telling us our drink choices were smoothies or milkshakes. She said nothing about all other beverages. I asked what else do they have and she got puffy and said you don't want a smoothie or milkshake. I said no, can I have an ice tea and my GF got a soda. She then asked if we knew what we wanted. SHe tried to get us to order everything.. We odered apps of wings and scallops. Then after my GF ordered the sirloin "jinx" said you no want the filet, its or best meat ( most expensive meat you mean). My gf said no I want the sirloin.. The waitress then continued to explain to us what a filet is and how its the best meat. I told her we have had it before and don't want it. Then I ordered my steak, the New York Strip :thumbsup2 . She acted like we didn't know what we were missing. Because we didn't order all at once she left the menus on the table thru the whole meal which I found wierd and rude , she also told us that she would be doing that becuse of that reason( rudely stated ). Most dining experiences I have had the waitress/er bring the menu back for your dessert choice. Besides that she was very unfriendly. The dining exp was killed from the start and even if the food was the best in the world I couldn't get the waitress out of my head. I didn't talk to the MGR. I just wanted to leave. Oh the dessert - tastless and choices were boring .
Last year we went here and it was the one of the best times at disney.

21st Le Cellier Steakhouse 540pm Little wait, waitress was everthing we hoped for at disney ( tessa ). We stated of talikng about the changes to the shrimp cocktail , I said it looks like an ashtray with the little cigarette holder cut into the bowl. I really missed the old asian box display. She agreed with a wonderful smile. for APP I got the Beef and Barley Soup -its was good that all I can say. MY GF got Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup great as always. I don't think she liked me dipping my bread sticks in it though. My GF had the Mushroom Filet Mignon , she liked it, but perffers the New York Strip. I had Herb Crusted Prime Rib, I didn't like that drizzled sauce on the top but the meat was still made to perfection and the potatoes where nice. We both ordered from the childerns menu for dessert getting the smoores. Both were fun and tasty. Other adults wanted to know what it was and became gealous.

22nd Boma , 430pm we were trying to make it to MNSSHP on time. With the drums starting to beat, I guess that means that thier open now, we were seated. I don't like tradintional style buffets, but I herd some many good things about this place we had to try it. I wish they had the ingredients labeled on each item. I felt like I was trying jelly beans from the harry potter movies. Some thing were good other not so good and alot of thing are spicyish. I am not a fan of spicy. From the look at the buffet lines everyone just wanted meats and desserts. I gald I tried it but it was not for me or my GF. We made jokes the next couple of days about It being time to take a BOMA. You get it :rolleyes: .

23rd Crystal Palace 815am park opens @ 9am. This is the only way I would go to CP before the park opens and yes this is a tradional buffet, but they have an omlette station that makes it all worth it. What can I say except my juice glass was always kept full, the food was great as always.. And ok the characters do bring a smile. also it is one of my favorite looking restaurants inside and out.

Counter service was mostly Pepper market morning breakfast skillets with juice always good food and a great place to eat. We had our last meal/CS there getting the ribeye meal before the airplane, really good. Once we went to the tusker house and each got the half of chicken, very tasty. ANd I really enjoyed playing the game of finding a table at the tusker house.

Snacks DOle wip floats, MSB ICecream Sandwichs, kaki gori, drinks all good

I spent about 160.00 on other drinks / alcohol and snacks for me and my GF.

Best place to get a milkshake, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop

Eating a good morning breakfast around 8 to 9 am and an around 5 to 6pm dinner we never felt full or really hungery and even with snacking we were able to eat everything with no problems.

Any questions

We were at Concourse steakhouse the same night you were and had a bad experience also. Our waitress didn't push drinks on us but very unfriendly and rushed us. She was foreign and hard to understand. Our steaks were not cooked how ordered them (MR) I sent mine back since it was well done and it came back our Rare. She never came back to check on us until dessert. Not at all the great experience we had last year. This was a BIG dissapointment for us and we will not go back next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter