• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining reviews 4/25 - 5/2 Part 3

kimble

Earning My Ears
Thursday, April 29:
Just a simple breakfast today... a bagel and cream cheese from Dunkin Donuts...but it was one of the best bagels I have ever had! Maybe everything tastes better on vacation :)

Lunch - We went to Epcot today and were starving by 11:30. We were planning to eat at Marrakesh, but were told that they don't open until 12. We were so hungry that we couldn't resist the boulangerie in Paris and we split a ham and cheese quiche, chocolate croissant and water. I felt like I was back in Paris.... :) It was all very good. We watched the film in France and made our way back to Morrocco. Yes folks, we were still going to lunch...the quiche and croissant were just a little snack... :)

We split a meal at Marrakesh (no ps necessary...although when I asked the host if a table for 2 was available, he asked if the table was for me and my pal mickey!! :) ...I got my sister over by my side quickly. I love my pal mickey but I'm not that crazy!) We used a Vacation Lunch Voucher and ordered beef brewat rolls (the best thing ever... so tasty with the beef and cinnamon. I bought the cookbook to Marrakesh a while ago but all the food seems so complicated. I wish I could make these). We also ordered the sampler platter with chicken kabab, vegetable couscous and another beef breway roll (heaven) and chicken bastilla (almost as good). As you can probably tell, Marrakesh is my all-time favorite Disney restaurant. It is always good and this day was no exception. The couscous is so moist and I actually eat the soft vegetables...okay, I can't go on. I am too hungry! Dessert was apple crepes which were fine, but I probably wouldn't have ordered it without the voucher. The apples were a bit firm, but the vanilla ice cream and crepes were nice. I also got a diet coke and my sister got a water. I forgot to mention that you get bread and butter to start as well. You can't leave here hungry. There was no problem with the voucher. Our server had to ask someone how to use it, but then no attitude about splitting the meal or anything. Plenty of food and delicious!

Dinner - Yes, we actually found room for dinner later on. At the Magic Kingdom we ate at Pecos Bills with a quick and casual voucher. Taking a tip from these boards, I ordered the double cheeseburger with fries, drink and the chocolate cream pie...and an extra bun. The girl at the register said not to worry about it when I took out money for the extra bun. Very nice! So, Dsis and I turned the double burger into two burgers and got our own fixings. The burger with my grilled onions and plenty of pickles was delicious. This burger seemed tastier than the one I had at Pinnochios...thicker and juicier. The chocolate cream pie was good too...but not necessary. It was basically free because of the voucher, but I wouldn't have ordered it normally.

Part 4 to come...

Thanks for the Marrakesh review. DS is "making" me eat there on our trip. I am a little skeptical because I don't eat dinner food that's sweet. The cinnamon on the beef rolls has me a little worried...
Also, thanks for the tip about the extra bun at Pecos Bill's. I didn't know about that and will probably do that in the future!

The cinnamon is offset by the meat. It is actually quite good. We like the chicken and the beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter