• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews - 9/21-9/25 (TS only)

sandy6879

DIS Veteran
Just got back last night and wanted to share! I'm excited, for the first time we had the dining plan (FREE) which allowed us to eat at places we normally wouldn't have tried out due to my budgeting on our trips. Cast includes me, DF, and DD9. All TS were dinners. Here goes:

9/21 - MGM day - went to Sci Fi Dine In. I know most people don't recommend spending a TS on Sci Fi but it's my DF's favorite so we go each year. Both my DF and I got the mixed greens salad as an appetizer. We each asked for a different dressing and on the side, some kind of vinaigrette. Very good, the dressing was somewhat sweet so I was glad it was on the side. DF got the Butcher Tendered Steak which he said was very good. I got the Shrimp Penne Pasta which was excellent. The spinach was swapped out for arugala due to the recall. I was expecting a cream sauce, I don't know why, but was very glad when it was a wine sauce instead. Dessert was Hot Fudge Sundaes for both DF and myself. Too much. I stopped after a few bites, feeling my stomach start to get FULL but DF decided he could finish both of ours. Haha, he felt that later! DD got the fruit and cheese platter for an appetizer, macaroni and cheese for her entree (this repeats a LOT this week) and a milkshake for dessert. Total cost with tip = $87 and change.

9/22 - Magic Kingdom - went to Cosmic Rays for CS. Went to Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner, spent 2 TS, which was fine since we arrived late on the 20th so needed to spend those credits. DF and I both got the BLT salad for an appetizer. Very good, dressing on the side again for me, which turned out to be a good thing as I didn't care too much for the dressing. DD got the fruit and cheese platter. For entrees, I had the Pan Seared Salmon which was incredible. Very very very good!! DF had the Roast Prime Rib of Beef which he said was good, but a little on the fatty side. DD and Df had the Beef and Macaroni. For dessert, DD had the Royal Crown Sundae and I chose the raspberry sorbet. I liked the sorbet a lot. Krisz was our server and was EXCELLENT. The cost was $125 and change. Not sure this cost was worth the 2 TS.

9/23 - Went to Epcot, left early. For dinner, we went to Spoodles. Check in was great here, I was asked for the first time about food allergies which I appreciated. I do have an allergy to nuts, nothing I will die from, but it's irritating for the rest of the day. This prompted the head chef to come over and discuss the menu choices with me. Again, very impressed with service here. Onto food:
DD - Pepperoni Flatbread (she liked this) for appetizer. Dinner mac and cheese :rolleyes: and dessert the sundae where they scoop it you make it. More on that in a second.
DF - Greek Salad which we shared, Oak Fired New York Strip which he loved, and the same sundae as DD. This is a cute idea, it comes out with the ice cream and then little cups of all the toppings around an artist's palette type dish where you can make your own sundae. Warning - if your child is artsy (mine is) this can take some time for them to assemble. ;)
Me - Garlic Shrimp - absolutely INCREDIBLE - Portuguese Seafood Stew, which was very good, I only wish there was more seafood in there. I can eat seafood easily as it doesn't tend to fill me so that could have had more. For dessert, raspberry sorbet due to nuts being in a lot of the desserts. Cost - $131 and change and only one TS used here. Service was incredible and I really liked it here.

9/24 - Planet Hollywood. Again, not worth using a TS for if you've never been to Disney before but this is another MUST for my family. Rather than paying out of pocket, we chose to use the TS.

DD - no appetizer, spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. No desserts, we were way too full at this point.
DF - Buffalo Tenders for app, BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger for dinner.
me - Bruschetta, and turkey club.

Not the most impressive of our meals but it was good for what we picked.

9/25 - Olivia's at Old Key West - another resort we hadn't been to before and impressed again. Server was ok, not as experienced as the ones at the other restaurants, but not bad.

DD - Pepperoni Pizza soup, spaghetti and meatball, and milkshake for dessert
DF - Caesar Salad, Top Sirloin Steak which he thought was excellent and apple pie for dessert which he said was incredible. I thought it was just ok.
me - Crab Cakes - so so good!! - Penne Pasta Shrimp with Asaigo Cheese - good but I couldn't finish the whole thing knowing that we still had to get through dessert, and the apple pie for dessert.

I definitely liked Spoodles the best of all the places we went to. I know there have been some bad reviews lately but our service was excellent, a bit slow maybe but the sheer number of people there definitely caused the delay. Sorry no pics...I realized it about halfway through each meal and never remembered to take them.

Thanks for sharing. WE ate at Planet Hollywood on our trip at end of August. I had a voucher for a free meal of either hamburger, caser salad or pasta. I had the caesar salad and it was good. My DS's liked all the "stuff" and they had plenty to look at.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter