Dining @ same place twice during your stay?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
Do you ever do this? I was thinking about doing this this year. We are going with my family and there's one day that we will not be with them as they are going to Universal. On that day I was thinking of spending our evening (or maybe whole day with a break) at Epcot b/c its our favorite park. We are going to be eating at Le Cellier with them and I was thinking of going again during our trip with just me and my fiance and our DD on the day they go to Universal. Is this silly? We enjoyed the food so much last time. I get nervous about eating @ WS b/c DD has a peanut allergy.
Ho Hum what to do...or is there a nice yummmmmy place we could eat @ BW or one of those Epcot resorts?:rolleyes1

We love Raglan Rd. and have no problems eating there more than once
I say go for it;-)

We're eating at 1900 Park Fare and GF Cafe twice each. Breakfast at both and lunch at GF Cafe, dinner at 1900 Park Fare. And that's only because we are staying at the GF.

We try not to go to the same place more than once a trip, but that doesn't mean there aren't places that I wouldn't mind eating at more than once. I personally wouldn't in your case because I am one of those "Le Cellier is totally overrated" people.

IMO, I would take the night to splurge a bit. Take a vacation from the vacation. Go to a signiture restaurant and relax and enjoy a quiet meal alone as a family.

We do it every time. We start and end our trip at Chef Mickeys. If you really enjoy it there, then deffinitely go twice. If not, try something new. Epcot has a lot of great restaurants. We are actually going to Epcot just for dinner on our next trip.

We always eat at 'Ohana the first and last night of our trip. Can't get enough of the shrimp and bread pudding. I would probably eat there every day if my family let me. LOL

No its not silly. We ate at Ohana twice once at the beginning and another towards the end of our trip. The first time was very very good, but the second time we went was even better. There was also entertainment the 2nd time we went so i was glad i was lucky enough to get a second reservation there. We are doing the same for our upcoming trip in the summer.

It's your vacation If you would like to do it twice, go for it. We have been known to do a TS 3 times in a trip. Besides, if you are doing it once with other people, the second dining experience with just you and your DF and DD will likely be a totally different experience. I wouldn't think twice about it. :thumbsup2

BTW, have you emailed Disney Special Diets about your DDs allergy? They are wonderful!

It's your vacation If you would like to do it twice, go for it. We have been known to do a TS 3 times in a trip. Besides, if you are doing it once with other people, the second dining experience with just you and your DF and DD will likely be a totally different experience. I wouldn't think twice about it. :thumbsup2

BTW, have you emailed Disney Special Diets about your DDs allergy? They are wonderful!

I e-mailed Brenda Barrett (or Bennett, sorry I cannot remember her name) last year for our trip and she was very good with telling me what snacks were safe and what not. But she also had mentioned about being careful @ WS b/c of the language barrier...honestly, I'd like to try Teppan Edo but she had me wondering do the chef's not speak English? I would assume they would have to. Obviously in Canada this was not a problem lol.

If you like Le Cellier, maybe try Yachtsman at the Yacht Club Resort or Shula's at the Dolphin. Both are in the Epcot resorts area and both are known for high-grade steak dinners. I've eaten at neither, but both get great reviews.

I e-mailed Brenda Barrett (or Bennett, sorry I cannot remember her name) last year for our trip and she was very good with telling me what snacks were safe and what not. But she also had mentioned about being careful @ WS b/c of the language barrier...honestly, I'd like to try Teppan Edo but she had me wondering do the chef's not speak English? I would assume they would have to. Obviously in Canada this was not a problem lol.

Firstly I would never think twice (parden the pun :lmao:) about eating at a restaurant twice in one stay. On our last trip we ate at many restaurants twice, Cape Mays, Yak & Yeti, Crystal Palace, Jiko, Ohanas, Boma (ate there 12 times in one trip!), mara many times. Admittedly we were there last time for 21 nights, but even if we weren't we would eat at our favourites more than once when we get a chance.

I would not worry about Teppan Edo, we eat at Teppanaki all the time (like weekly) and I have LTPeanut allergy. Japanese is not common for using peanut oil like some of the other cuisines, the only time I have ever found it at a Japanese restaurant was in the ginger salad dressing, but that has only been at one place. So I would not worry about eating there, just note the allergy as you would in your ADR, then mention it again when you check in and to your server (if you are paranoid like me when it comes to triple checking that they are all aware of the allergy). I can't think of the restaurant WS, don't know what that stands for, so can't tell you if I have eaten there before, but Teppan Edo is still at WDW and they are good with allergies.

Nothing wrong with twice if you really like a place. But on the other hand.... we go to EPCOT twice each visit and try to eat at a few different favorites...

We love EPCOT also, but it is the only park IMO with alot of great dining choices (the other parks have one or two good places I think).

We aso love Teppan Edo, Chefs de France, and Biergarten in EPCOT. A nice walk out the back side to Yachtsman, Kouzzina (anxious to try this one), Shula's or Bluezoo (both at Dolphin) are good too.

We have always booked our favourite restaurants twice in the same vacation. We usually booked 2 of each of the following: Teppan Edo, Le Cellier and Ohana.....and they are always both dinners. Most of the time, we order the same things too...:thumbsup2

And since we go for 2 weeks, I try to separate them at least by a week. It's great because we don't feel like we're repeating since we have 14 dinners. And no one ever says, "AGAIN?". In fact, if we don't double up on these, I know we'll be wishing we did.

We have done twice at one restaurant but for different meals before (CP/ 1900pf/ CRT) and tempted to do the same at Boma next trip.

The only place we regularly do lots of time in a trip is Maya Grill at CSR. We love their breakfast buffet and will generally go 3-4 times in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter