Dining show ? about Hoop De Doo at Christmas

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I think it was on the show that they mentioned that Hoop De Doo gets decorated and some Christmas stuff gets added to the show.

Does anyone know when that starts? We're going on November 2nd and I'm really hoping it won't be the Christmas version.

I think it was on the show that they mentioned that Hoop De Doo gets decorated and some Christmas stuff gets added to the show.

Does anyone know when that starts? We're going on November 2nd and I'm really hoping it won't be the Christmas version.
I’m not sure exactly when they start but MK will just be starting it’s MK decor that week. Usually resorts take a little longer so I would think you’ll see it just before the Christmas version starts.

I’m not sure exactly when they start but MK will just be starting it’s MK decor that week. Usually resorts take a little longer so I would think you’ll see it just before the Christmas version starts.
That would be good. My wife has never seen it and I haven't seen it since the 80s. I'd really like it to be the normal version.

Hmmmm, since Hoop De Doo was brought up... I'm going to be at Walt Disney World in January (I've probably already mentioned it, so sorry if I'm being redundant). Would you guys recommend going to Hoop De Doo? I've never been. Would it be worth going to by myself? Or is it more fun with a crowd?

Yes! Also, because the dinner show at the Poly is outside, you won't need to worry about the weather at the HDD. Although Im probably the only one who might worry about WDW weather in January, but the one time that I was there in January, the nights were really cold. Daytime temps were nice for the most part.

@disneysteve - I found another thread with similar question and someone posted that they went on Nov 6th and was the regular version and another person went No. 19th and it was the Holiday version. So I would think Nov 2nd you would be ok. Worst case the Holiday version is just some carols added to largely the regular show - it’s not like it is a totally different show or anything (though I do get wanting to see the original version)

@WebmasterMaryJo - I cannot recommend Hoop Dee Do more - it was wonderful. We did it for the first time a few years ago and my main thought was “I wish we started going earlier”. I will say it would probably be more fun with a group than alone but the show is so good that I would definitely consider doing it on a solo trip

Would you guys recommend going to Hoop De Doo? I've never been.
You should definitely go. I think it would be a little weird going solo but I wouldn't let that stop you. And maybe you can connect with somebody from the team. Too bad we aren't going in January like we have the past few years (at least we're not planning to) or else I'd say we would do it with you.

I've done HDDR a few times but it was forever ago and DW has never been so I'm looking forward to it.

Hmmmm, since Hoop De Doo was brought up... I'm going to be at Walt Disney World in January (I've probably already mentioned it, so sorry if I'm being redundant). Would you guys recommend going to Hoop De Doo? I've never been. Would it be worth going to by myself? Or is it more fun with a crowd?

We did HDD last fall and saw the Christmas variant. We won't go back as it didn't appeal to us. The food was good (one person in our party got the salmon), but wasn't outstanding. The show was perfectly fine, but is not what we would typically enjoy. However, the Christmas decorations were very well done.

I definitely suggest you try it, solo or not, at least 1X to gauge it.

We did HDD last fall and saw the Christmas variant. We won't go back as it didn't appeal to us. The food was good (one person in our party got the salmon), but wasn't outstanding. The show was perfectly fine, but is not what we would typically enjoy. However, the Christmas decorations were very well done.

I definitely suggest you try it, solo or not, at least 1X to gauge it.
I've seen it twice over the years, and I know I'm in the VAST minority, but it was just not my cup of tea, although I appreciated the talent, and watching others with me enjoy it. Just not for me. The food was good, but I'd much rather go to Trail's End, then hang out in the rocking chairs on the front porch and people watch, and/or watch the EWP/fireworks from the beach, or both.

Last edited:
I've seen it twice over the years, and I know I'm in the VAST minority, but it was just not my cup of tea, although I appreciated the talent, and watching others with me enjoy it. Just not for me. The food was good, but I'd much rather go to Trail's End, then hang out in the rocking chairs on the front porch and people watch, and/or watch the EWP/fireworks from the beach, or both.

I echo those sentiments and that porch is relaxation class 101.

However, I was absolutely blown away with renting a golf cart and seeing all the Christmas decorations at the camp/RV sites. To me, that was one of the best parts of our cabin stay (last week in November). I strongly suggest anyone visiting FW in November/December to visit the campgrounds at night.

However, I was absolutely blown away with renting a golf cart and seeing all the Christmas decorations at the camp/RV sites. To me, that was one of the best parts of our cabin stay (last week in November). I strongly suggest anyone visiting FW in November/December to visit the campgrounds at night.

I believe they do decorations for Halloween as well for people there in Octoberish, though not to the level of Christmas ... great thought!

Oh - definitely! I've ridden a golf cart around NOT at the holidays, at Halloween, and at Christmas - all several times each, and it's an AWESOME experience, EVERY time!! And even though I've not seen them in person, the "golf cart parades" they have there at various holidays are also off the hook!!

Oh - definitely! I've ridden a golf cart around NOT at the holidays, at Halloween, and at Christmas - all several times each, and it's an AWESOME experience, EVERY time!! And even though I've not seen them in person, the "golf cart parades" they have there at various holidays are also off the hook!!

We're supposedly heading over to FW in a couple of weeks and want to see if any of the campsites are already decked out in Halloween theme.

Last Christmas had some incredible sites (and carts)...

FW1.JPG

Attachments

• FW2.JPG
    FW2.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 13
  • FW3.JPG
    FW3.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 13
  • FW6.JPG
    FW6.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 13
  • FW7.JPG
    FW7.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 12
  • FW8.JPG
    FW8.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
For HDDR at Christmas, we went on Dec. 20th and there were decorations in Pioneer Hall and near the end of the show, they added some Christmas themed songs and their costumes were a little more holiday themed. I have seen it in the fall and at Christmas, and I liked the Christmas one just as much as the regular show.

As for the decorations, there will be sites that have very little decorations (like our site did in 2013), but then you will see ones that go all out. We missed the golf cart parade, but we got to see a bunch of the golf carts all decorated either going to the parks or just at the sites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter