Dining w/ DDP, 9/10-9/17

wide awake

<font color=darkgreen>Nuts are good<br><font color
Loved the DDP, we'll be going again next year if they offer it for free again...please, please, please. I'll talk about TS...my autistic DS was in a hot dog phase and we spent two days at Typhoon Lagoon...I don't think any of you need my reviews of any of our lunches. Now dinner...
1st night, Artist Point...DS had the venison spring rolls w/ spicy dipping sauce, pork chop and mac and cheese...some choc dessert...he loved all of it ! They said the pork would be cooked med which is what I do at home but it looked well done to me...service very attentive and they rushed through the meal because they could see DS wasn't going to sit for too long...
I had the portobello mushroom soup, rare beef tenderloin, and berry cobbler...my mom had the same except for a salad to start and her meat well-done. Excellent meals all around, I also did the 3 course wine flight...
2nd night...Le Cellier...apps were cheese soup for DS, shrimp cocktail for me, and a salad for my mom...the shrimp cocktail and soup were fabulous, I didn't try the salad but my mom liked it...all of us had steaks for entrees, very good...we missed dessert, DS had had it !
Wolfgang Pucks...wonderful meal. DS had calamari, pepperoni pizza, and a cookie sundae thing off the kid's menu...he was in an ice cream/cake mood
I had the vegetable spring rolls, veal schnitzle, tart apple creme brulee...great meal but I didn't think the tart apple went too well w/ the creme brulee idea...but I am a purist...like a plain NY style cheesecake w/o tons of frills, think creme brulee is the same type thing. My mom had a bar-be-que chicken quesadilla, then a steak (I think)...don't remember the dessert. We all loved our meals, sat outside, DS enjoyed talking to the ducks while we ate.
Coral Reef. My mom and I had the shrimp cocktail w/ rice noodles in an asian broth...it was okay, I liked the Le Cellier one better. DS had a fish chowder, excellent. I had tuna w/ wasabi mashed potatoes...very yummy, the only meal I completed all week. Mom and DS had steaks, I think. I had a creme brulee for dessert...again only okay. We had a great table, I told them DS was autistic and they came through w/ excellent service and a booth right across from the tank.
Ohanas. I don't need to post the menu for this, you know what we had. My mom's favorite meal. The wonton skins were better than I thought, I loved the dipping sauces and the steak...thank goodness it was rare. DS loved the sausages. My mom adored every part of the meal, especially the dessert...and she HATES vanilla bean ice cream. She said she'd have been happy w/ just that and she was irritated w/ me when I told her we could have asked for more...wondered why I didn't volunteer that at the restaurant.
Our last night...Mama Melrose...DS and I were both sick, I made reservations w/ the Fantasmic package but we didn't see the show...I loved the salad, my mom was okay w/ it after picking out the gorgonzola...DS and mom ate the flatbread...I had the Osso Bucca, wonderful. My mom had the chicken parm...it didn't look good to me but she liked it, DS had sausage and penne paste...looked okay to me, he wasn't too hungry after polishing off 3/4 of the flatbread...I had the ricotta cheesecake for dessert, wonderful, mom and DS had gelato, no complaints.
Wonderful service, would happily go back to any of these places. The portions were huge though...lots of times I left 90% of my meal. Happy to answer any questions.

I had the portobello mushroom soup, rare beef tenderloin, and berry cobbler...my mom had the same except for a salad to start and her meat well-done. Excellent meals all around, I also did the 3 course wine flight...
Oooh! Do you remember the wines? I mean, NOT that I plan weeks in advance what I'm going to eat at a particular restaurant :rolleyes1: but if someone were to order pretty much the same foods you did and was considering the wine pairings and wanted an idea what the wines were...?

Thanks for sharing your reviews, sounds like a nice trip! :simba:

I don't remember the wine selections...I thought they were fine w/ the courses, but I think I'd rather order for myself. I can easily skip the wine w/ dessert, would rather go a nicer wine w/ the entree or appetizer. Again, the wines were okay, but nothing outstanding...very reasonable for $18 charged though.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter