Dining Wars: Drinking's Edge - An August 2018 Dining Report - Updated 2/18: Completed

Wow, that is quick!!! Congrats again!
Thank you!!

1e3648a8-e208-4a16-884f-ac62e5872c84.jpg
These are super cute and perfect for a birthday. Happy belated birthday by the way!

And in Orlando before 9
You are all way more awake than I would be having to leave that early for the airport. But getting in by 9 you have the whole day ahead of you.

Meet my most favourite (shout out to my Canadian peeps) and simply the best drink in Disney World. This is Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. Slightly tart from the passion fruit, nice and fizzy from the ginger beer, and most importantly good and ginny this was the perfect start to my vacation.
This drink sounds delicious.

I’m a sucker for truffle – who may have once tried to convince Jason to buy me a pig so we could forage for our own – and these did not disappoint in flavor. Crispy fries, truffle gravy, cheese!!!! These were delicious but for $12 ridiculously small and barely shareable.
I love anything truffle too, these are on my list to try now.

I love chicken satay, I order it all the time from my local Thai place it's so good. I couldn't imagine having a peanut allergy I feel like I'm always eating them.

Glad your meal there was a success! We haven't been yet, but it is on our list of places to try.

Love your report! I am taking notes for my February solo trip. I have never been to the Nomad Lounge, but it is in my list now. Your drink sounds wonderful. I think I want that and an order of their gluten free churros. Does the lounge get really busy or is it usually easy to get a seat? Can’t wait to see what is next.....

I went to Nomad last trip based on your recommendations. It did not disappoint. I agree, it's like your a million miles away. Can't wait to visit again. Thanks!

Yay—here we go! I hope this trip was exactly what you needed at a tough time.

Plus it was almost my BIRTHDAY and Jason had made me my very own fancy magic band for the occasion.

Awesome! This looks great! Jason's pretty crafty :goodvibes

After a very long wait for a bus, accompanied by a socially awkward Russian cast member with no definition of personal space who constantly kept asking us if we’d seen her squirrel

Oh my gawd!

For anyone who has read my dining reports before there are two things you will without question see. 1. Tipsy Notes and 2. An Anapurna Zing from Nomad’s Lounge

Oh, I wouldn't have it any other way! Gin, as you know, makes my body angry, but I love everything else in that drink (#kiddieversion!) so I'm totally with you on that choice.

Up first we have the Truffle Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, Fries, crispy Onions, Black Truffle Salt.

Yumm. That sounds so good! But seriously, were the potatoes made of diamonds?! Hefty price for a small portion.

This comes with three types of bread – not recalling what they are we’ll just call them flatty, crispy, and fluffy

:rotfl:

Not wanting to be left out Casey went with the kiddie version of adult beverages: SUGAR!!!!

Oh Casey, I'm with you, girl! Sugar is my version of adult beverages, too! Those are some pretty tasty fancy churros, too.

I haven't stopped at Nomad's Lounge on my last 2 trips, I plan on stopping there this time even if I am the only one in our group! I want to try the Boto Rita and Jenn's Tatoo. The drinks and the food look great!

Looks like a lovely first meal of the trip at Nomad's! I know the Anapurna is special to you for other reasons as well and I'm glad it has a special place in your heart!

That stinker ordering something you can't have but at least she got rid of it all with your best interest in mind ;).

The crispy bread is the best!

Plus it was almost my BIRTHDAY and Jason had made me my very own fancy magic band for the occasion
So Fancy!
Side note they upped the price on this by $5 recently so it can come with what I am sure is an amazing light up flower (insert oooh’s and aaahh’s here). Thankfully you can order it without and save a few bucks!
Good tip! I always like the glow cubes, but think... what would I do with that after... I've got a couple boring square ones we've saved from drinks and now I'm like, why did I do that... :rotfl:
That’s a Lamu Libation - Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum – for D, a Leaping Lizard - Malibu Pineapple Rum and Augusta Cachaça with Orange, Passion Fruit, and Mango Juices – for J, and a Kiama Mama – Watermelon and Sprite – for the little one. I’m not the biggest fan of rum drinks so these weren’t my cup ‘o tea but everyone seemed to enjoy.
I went out on a limb last month and had the Lamu Libation, it was pretty good. I'm usually a vodka/tequila girl :drinking1
who may have once tried to convince Jason to buy me a pig so we could forage for our own
Up next we have the Spiced Chickpea Falafel with Mint-Pistachio Pesto, Cumin-scented Garlic Yogurt Sauce, and Pickled Vegetables.
Yum. These are so good. I really debated between these and the bread service last month but went with the bread.

As some of you know this has been an extremely difficult year for me and some Disney in our lives was exactly what was needed

I'm sorry to her that, but Disney does fix most things :hug:

Plus it was almost my BIRTHDAY and Jason had made me my very own fancy magic band for the occasion.

Wow! He did a great job, I love it!

Given that this is of course a dining report, check out our Nation’s Capital’s finest airport eats.

Here we go :rotfl:

After a very long wait for a bus, accompanied by a socially awkward Russian cast member with no definition of personal space who constantly kept asking us if we’d seen her squirrel,

What???

Despite my birthday being only two days away someone (who I may or may not have carried in my womb for 9 months) thought it would be a good idea to order this to “share” despite my peanut allergy. Needless to say I didn’t eat it but the Judases said It was good.

Oh my :rotfl2: I am still ever amazed at Casey's taste in food. I should have her talk to my two teens who still don't eat anything :sad2:

Not wanting to be left out Casey went with the kiddie version of adult beverages: SUGAR!!!!

She’d gotten these fancy churros on our last trip to Nomads and made it known she wasn’t leaving without more.

Yum!

And I have no idea what you're talking about with the pigs and truffles so now I'm off to google...

Animal Kingdom has snuck up on me and stolen my heart as well. Fast becoming my favorite -- or at least equal to my beloved World Showcase. Nomad Lounge is such a great addition. I am making a note of your favorite cocktail so that I can try it when I'm there in a few weeks (yay!!) -- I usually go with the watermelon and tequila drink but can't hurt to branch out... and thanks to Disney buses I can have a few if I want to! SO fun to be able to travel with your friends!

Yay I’m excited to see you have a new trip report on the go! You always make me laugh! Haven’t much of a clue about Star Wars but hey there’s adult beverages and food so I’m happy!
Counting down the minutes until my first adult beverage of the weekend :drinking1(1 hour and 7 minutes = Bombay Sapphire and fevertree light tonic in case you’re interested :rotfl:). The 5 minute uphill walk to get to the club and light fevertree being my effort to be healthy so I can pretend I’ve earned the gin and food I plan on consuming :confused3
Looks like everyone had great craic in Nomad’s. Both food and drinks look very tasty :thumbsup2

After a very long wait for a bus, accompanied by a socially awkward Russian cast member with no definition of personal space who constantly kept asking us if we’d seen her squirrel,

That’s a Lamu Libation - Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum –

Ooo I had this before it was good.

Up first we have the Truffle Poutine with Truffle Tremor Cheese, Fries, crispy Onions, Black Truffle Salt.

OMG that looks so good :lovestruc

She’d gotten these fancy churros on our last trip to Nomads and made it known she wasn’t leaving without more.

Fancy churros are always a good choice :thumbsup2

Jason had made me my very own fancy magic band for the occasion
That one's a keeper!

For anyone who has read my dining reports before there are two things you will without question see. 1. Tipsy Notes and 2. An Anapurna Zing from Nomad’s Lounge.
::yes::

This comes with three types of bread – not recalling what they are we’ll just call them flatty, crispy, and fluffy
And here I'd thought Flatty, Crispy, and Fluffy were Dwarves #8, 9, and 10. :confused3 :laughing:

Needless to say I didn’t eat it but the Judases said It was good.
The nerve. :sad2:

Looks like another great trip to NL! I need to get my act together and get there someday (I know... you're horrified I haven't yet! :laughing: And that's fair ::yes::)

:wave2: We ate at the Nomad Lounge for the first time on our trip this past April, and loved it! Can't wait to go back!

I know how much you enjoy getting up early for and on vacation, but isn't it nice getting to Disney by 9???

That’s a Lamu Libation - Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Purée, with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum – for D, a Leaping Lizard - Malibu Pineapple Rum and Augusta Cachaça with Orange, Passion Fruit, and Mango Juices – for J,
Yum, since I like rum these are the two drinks I get there and I enjoy them both :drinking1

What was however shareable was their Bread Service.
And I love their bread service! Yes, it's not on the same level as Sanaa but still a solid choice. Surprisingly all 4 of us enjoyed the dipping sauces, too!

“Crispy” bread was my favorite
"Crispy" does win, I know exactly which one you're talking about. I had the bread service first when I went with Cathy and then we ordered it the next month as a family, and I tried steering the kids away from Crispy. Unfortunately it was everyone's favorite. Flatty and Fluffy got some attention but Crispy was obviously the star :cool2:

Nomad Lounge is so calm, even when it's crowded it's a great place to hang. Glad J and D had a cool introduction to Disney!

If you’ve had them before, doesn’t the “crispy” portion of the bread service totally taste like Bugles corn chips? Thats’s what we were reminded of.

I am late to the party! Always enjoy reading about your tipsy food/drink adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter