Dining with 11

hosler427

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone...

I have taken several trips with 7 adults. We are planning a trip now that would be 9 adults, one teenager and one baby (2 years old at the time of the trip).

Ideally we would like to have dinner together every day but how realistic is that? We don't mind changing up the times we eat. We will be going to one sit down meal per day and that list will likely include places like:

Raglan Road
50's Prime Time
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Boma

among others. Due to some less adventurous eaters we will be splitting up a couple nights. I just want to get a rough idea of what to plan for before reservations are made. We are likely going for 10-12 days in the time frame of the January marathon next year.

We recently has a family function at a local restaurant (there was 12 of us) and even though we were all able to sit together are one long table, it was really impractical to have a conversation with those at the far end of the table. I think you might consider splitting up into 2 groups (or perhaps alternate who is in which group) and will enjoy it more. Some restaurants can push several tables together to accommodate large groups, but some cannot.

Hi Everyone...

I have taken several trips with 7 adults. We are planning a trip now that would be 9 adults, one teenager and one baby (2 years old at the time of the trip).

Ideally we would like to have dinner together every day but how realistic is that? We don't mind changing up the times we eat. We will be going to one sit down meal per day and that list will likely include places like:

Raglan Road
50's Prime Time
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Boma

among others. Due to some less adventurous eaters we will be splitting up a couple nights. I just want to get a rough idea of what to plan for before reservations are made. We are likely going for 10-12 days in the time frame of the January marathon next year.
we have done 12 to 14 people at 3 of your list. Ohana Garden Grill and Akershus. at Akershus we were seated at 2 8 tops back to back at the others we were seat in a group of tables pushed together. Garden Grill is on the upper level so you do not see the Land ride. we did eat at odd times and did have a wait for them to be able to push tables together

We found it easier to find open reservation times by dividing our group into 6 and 5. Then we'd arrive early and ask if we could have adjoining tables. When space permitted, the staff moved 2 tables together for us. Even if we weren't seated nearby, we were at least in the same restaurant, arriving and leaving together.

I've gone with up to 16 people. It is generally easier to get a reservation at the start of dinner or whatever meal period you are looking for.

I just booked all my reservations for June for 10 of us. I asked the same question as you and most people responded with book 2 reservations of 5. They said the chances of us having to wait for a large table or tables close to each other to be pushed together was high and that we may have to wait quite awhile. Also, trying to talk at a table that big is pretty hard. Good luck!

We've been on a couple trips with 12 people in our party- we've always been able to make all of the adrs we wanted. Looking at your list, we went to Akershus and Ohana with no problem sitting together but did have to make 2 reservations at Garden Grill.

Thank you all for the responses. I am weighing this in advance to see if there is a necessity of getting two Tables in Wonderland cards. Our group is 11 but only 10 will be ordering since we have the little one with us. I was leaning towards two APs and two TIW cards anyway and I think I will continue with that thought and split reservations for most restaurants. There are going to be a few times when we split up due to interest in different restaurants. Thanks again everyone!

We've gone as a group of 11-12 to Via Napoli, Tusker House, the Plaza, Akershus, Biergarten, and Sci-Fi, it always worked out.
How did they seat your group at Biergarten if you don’t mind me asking?

We have a group of 11 going this summer so definitely following this thread.

Edit. Op: So far we’ve been able to book BOG, Ohana and Prime Time Cafe. BOG oddly had the most availability and we got a great time. The other two were off times but it’s fine, we’ll deal. Hope it’s easy booking for you!

Last edited:
We have gone twice with groups of 11. Reservations made for 11. We did not feel we waited any longer than other reservations for smaller groups. We split up sometimes during the day and enjoyed having dinners together.

We had success at Tusker House, Raglan Road, Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickeys, Trex and Hoop Dee Doo.

Have fun!

Hi Everyone...

Raglan Road
50's Prime Time
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Boma

We did Raglan Road with a group of 11 which included several Pooh sized and were accommodated with an awesome square shaped booth that held us all! Three sides were enclosed but a dancer came and set up shop right in front of our booth. We didn’t miss much entertainment and it allowed for easy conversation and a great meal.

Last trip there were 10 of us. Some restaurants had availability for 10 and other we made reservations at very close to or exact times, for 5 pp each. When we arrived at the restaurant we asked to combine the reservation and it wasn't a problem.

I recently booked our meals for a party of 11. I booked Akerhaus at a good time and we got the other meals at times we wanted also. I had my travel agent book Cinderella’s castle breakfast for us. She originally had all 11 of us at 10am but after she booked the boutique she re-booked us in two groups at 8:05 and 8:15. Last year we had a group of 12 and got every meal we wanted. We just made sure to book as soon as we reached our 180 window

I recently booked our meals for a party of 11. I booked Akerhaus at a good time and we got the other meals at times we wanted also. I had my travel agent book Cinderella’s castle breakfast for us. She originally had all 11 of us at 10am but after she booked the boutique she re-booked us in two groups at 8:05 and 8:15. Last year we had a group of 12 and got every meal we wanted. We just made sure to book as soon as we reached our 180 window
Our 180 day was Christmas morning :scared: Grabbed what we could but obviously had other things going on. We still have a few more to secure and this thread is a big help with tips!

Hi Everyone...

Raglan Road
50's Prime Time
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Boma

We go with 11 every year and it really isn't that hard to get a reservation for 11. - Occasionally we have to break it up to get the times we want, but generally are still able to get what we want. The only place we've really found it to be impractical is Beaches n Cream... we have a pretty hard time breaking up 7 to get a reservation let alone 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter