Dining with Diabetes

Ambassador

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions or advise for Type 1 diabetic patrons dining at WDW? Some visitors with other dietary needs have provided information when making PS, and enjoyed personalized attentions of the chef and kitchen. Thank you,

Type I diabetic here as well. Since I got an insulin pump, I haven't really had to worry so much about what I eat, so I haven't really had to request anything myself, but I know it is possible. I believe if you let them know when you make your PS that they can plan to have something there that meets your dietary requirements. I dont know if they will be able to do as much if you don't let them know until you've arrived.

Anyway, bumping you up, hoping someone else can give you a little more info on this. Another place you might post your question is the disABILITIES board. There are often diabetics on there with questions about their trip, as well as other people with special dietary needs. I have no doubt they could help you out.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

-Laura

I will be going to WDW this summer with my mother, who has Type 2 diabetes. Yesterday I called WDW dine and spoke with someone about special meals for her. Most buffets will provide a special meal for you, if you tell them when you make the PS, and then tell them again when you arrive at the restaurant. Some require calling seven days in advance to talk to a chef about your dietary limitaions/requirements. They will provide sugar free desserts upon request, and tell you ingredients of things on buffet and help you make the best choices.

Most other sit down restaurants require that you notifiy them when you make the PS, and then call seven days in advance to talk to the chef.

Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter