Dinner at Miracosta - Oceano or Silk Road Garden?

maxiv

the guy from overseas
hey guys,

We are staying at TDR for three nights and 4 days in September.
We're spending one night at miracosta and would like to have a nice dinner at the hotel that evening so we get to enjoy the hotel.

We do not want to eat at a buffet, but can you give me your thoughts on oceano table service vs Silk Road Garden? We'll be snacking or quick servicing at Disney Sea during the day.

We've only done the buffet at Oceano. I just wanted to mention (in case you didn't know) that if you're there during Fantasmic, you'll be invited out to their balcony to watch. I think the position of the Oceano table service balcony may be better than the buffet one (more face on), no personal experience though.

We now booked Oceano buffet for 19:20 just for the far lower price alone But that should also allow us to watch fantastic from there So excited!

In that case, here's more info about the Oceano buffet balcony. The standing platform has 3 levels. The long side faces the piazza, one short side faces the harbor. I think we could have done better view wise if we'd gone all the way to the end to that short side of the balcony.

There's someone next to the balcony door making announcements every so often. We don't speak Japanese, so my best guess is they're saying x amount of time to the show. So when the announcement to actually enter the balcony came, it just sounded like every other announcement to us. We only knew to go after seeing other people go. But people are very courteous, no rushing or anything like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter