Dinner at the Poly after Happily Ever After

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
In February I'm taking my mom to WDW. On our Magic Kingdom day, I have the following (abbreviated schedule):
-Breakfast: Gaston's tavern? My mom loves cinnamon rolls!
-Lunch: Be Our Guest 12:45pm
-Break at the hotel in the afternoon (we are staying at the Poly)
-HEA dessert party 6:30pm
-Happily Ever After 8pm

I've made the mistake of doing a table service dinner and then HEA dessert party and was so full it wasn't enjoyable! And I'm not the type to shy away from doing dessert before dinner. I figure if we need an afternoon snack we can grab one before heading back to MK in the evening/late afternoon. But would also guess we may want something savory at the end of the night. So, some questions:

How late does Trader Sams continue to serve food? I know the hours are listed til midnight, but does the kitchen close early?
How about Captain Cook's and Tambu Lounge? They both have "late-night" hours, but the CC menu is basically grab and go pastries and Tambu is just drinks - there is no distinction on the listed hours for when it switches to a limited menu.

Thanks!

In February I'm taking my mom to WDW. On our Magic Kingdom day, I have the following (abbreviated schedule):
-Breakfast: Gaston's tavern? My mom loves cinnamon rolls!
-Lunch: Be Our Guest 12:45pm
-Break at the hotel in the afternoon (we are staying at the Poly)
-HEA dessert party 6:30pm
-Happily Ever After 8pm

I've made the mistake of doing a table service dinner and then HEA dessert party and was so full it wasn't enjoyable! And I'm not the type to shy away from doing dessert before dinner. I figure if we need an afternoon snack we can grab one before heading back to MK in the evening/late afternoon. But would also guess we may want something savory at the end of the night. So, some questions:

How late does Trader Sams continue to serve food? I know the hours are listed til midnight, but does the kitchen close early?
How about Captain Cook's and Tambu Lounge? They both have "late-night" hours, but the CC menu is basically grab and go pastries and Tambu is just drinks - there is no distinction on the listed hours for when it switches to a limited menu.

Thanks!

I don't knwo the time the CS closes at the Poly, so if once you are there you find out it will not have sandwiches, etc you could either buy some before you head to the MK for the night and leave them in the fridge, or maybe stop at the Grand and have dinner at Gaasparillas. I think they are open much later, if not all night.

Capt Cook's servers lunch/dinner until 11pm

Gaasparillas is open 24 hours, but serve a limited menu between 11:30pm-6:30am which consists of several different version of pizza's. Some of the snacks look to be of the grab and go type things so some of them would probably be available.

Capt Cook's is open 24 hours but Grab and go later hours.
We have ordered food at both Capt. cooks and trader Sam's after 10 but before 11 in august of this year.

If your mom really likes cinnamon rolls, she might not like the ones at Gaston's. They tend to be very dry, even with tons of icing on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter