dinner duration

traveler_t

Earning My Ears
How much time would dinner take in AMAAMA and in MAKAHIKI? We have two young kids. We want to make it short so we have time for other activities so it's more of a question on how long it would typically take them to prepare the food rather than how much we should stay to appreciate the full experience. Thanks!

If you're looking for quick eating then definitely try Ulu cafe or Off the hook. Those are much faster and the food is still delicious. The Olelo room had great food but definitely can take longer. At Makahiki and AmaAma you will be there for a significant amount of time as they are both multi course meals and Hawaiian time is not as fast as regular time :) no matter where you go, the food is great though!

I think you can do either restaurant in under an hour if you're not wanting a long, drawn-out experience. Just tell your server at the beginning of the meal that you'd like your courses served quickly and they will gladly oblige (after all, another turn of the table is another tip in their pocket).

I think you can do either restaurant in under an hour if you're not wanting a long, drawn-out experience. Just tell your server at the beginning of the meal that you'd like your courses served quickly and they will gladly oblige (after all, another turn of the table is another tip in their pocket).
We’ve found the service at Ama Ama to be painfully slow. And they won’t get another turn of the table because I don’t believe they accept walk ins. I don’t even think the kitchen is capable of churning out courses quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter