Dinner in Cabanas

Will you try Cabanas for Dinner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As for the specialty meal on Pirate night, the MDRs have a pirate/Caribbean themed menu but I suspect you mean the late night buffet at Cabanas.

Yes. That's what I meant. Is it in Cabanas?

Cabanas are the cast members being trained for the MDRS. The menu will not vary. They offer the sit down every night, with the exception of nights that there is a late port departure, then it's buffet. The food is cooked just for you after you order. The hours it's open is limited. Think it was only 6:30 to 8 or 8:30 pm. No reservation needed. We LOVED it!

We enjoyed our one experience in Cabanas for dinner.
We came back from our excursion too late for the MDR.
Don't recall that the food was spectacular but it was good and our waiter was our favorite CM of the whole week.

The best part beside our great waiter was it was so much quieter than the Main Dining Room.

On our upcoming 7 day cruise, we are doing Palo the first night and planning to do Cabanas a couple of nights.

We didn't have great servers in the MDR and just wanted a simple sit-down dinner one night, so we went to Cabanas. I was little annoyed that the menu they showed me earlier in the day was not the menu for that evening.

I liked that it was quiet and relaxing. I didn't like that the menu was pretty plain - more like it was the simpler items that are on the themed dining menus. If it was that night's MDR menu, I would say the MDRs didn't have a very good night of it. Just steak & potato, or a chicken breast, or pasta, or a fish.

Food was well prepared and the whole meal lasted about an hour for the six of us. Servers were nice, but they seemed to hover more. This was appreciated in that we never could get a second glass of wine in the MDR, but it also meant they were *always* there! We dined around 7 and had more time to just relax in the lounges afterward, which was a nice way to spend the evening.

I wouldn't consider it destination dining, but functional dining.

Dirk

I find this thread interesting because we had dinner in Cabanas on the Magic last week and there was no menu, server, showing us to a table, etc. - it was just the regular buffet. The food was very good and since we had spent all day on a very hot excursion we were in no mood for the MDR. I would definitely do it again on those night where you just "can't even." We were going to do it again on the Rome night but daughter threw a fit and wanted to go back to Rapunzel's Table (which admittedly was awesome so I didn't mind).

I find this thread interesting because we had dinner in Cabanas on the Magic last week and there was no menu, server, showing us to a table, etc. - it was just the regular buffet. The food was very good and since we had spent all day on a very hot excursion we were in no mood for the MDR. I would definitely do it again on those night where you just "can't even." We were going to do it again on the Rome night but daughter threw a fit and wanted to go back to Rapunzel's Table (which admittedly was awesome so I didn't mind).

As someone else posted, Cabanas is a buffet on nights in which the ship is docked later. Could that have been true the night you dined there? IIRC, years ago on our 8 night cruise out of Galveston, Cabanas did have a buffet on the WDW night. Not positive as we dined in Palo.

As someone else posted, Cabanas is a buffet on nights in which the ship is docked later. Could that have been true the night you dined there? IIRC, years ago on our 8 night cruise out of Galveston, Cabanas did have a buffet on the WDW night. Not positive as we dined in Palo.
I think we were docked until 7pm on the Cannes night, can't 100% remember.

How does tipping work if you have dinner in Cabanas?
Your auto gratuities go to the servers you would have in your regular dining room. Those tips, since you only give them to your dinner servers, cover all 3 meals, as those servers also do lunch and breakfast service during the cruise.

The in-training servers in Cabanas for dinner, are not included in the auto tip. You may tip them directly, or not, as you feel the service was worth.

We've dined once in Cabanas, on the Fantasy. We were tired after an excursion, and were casually dressed.
We enjoyed the menu, the servers, the quiet (only a few tables in use), and the fast service. Would dine there again- maybe on our next cruise.

We've dined once in Cabanas, on the Fantasy. We were tired after an excursion, and were casually dressed.
We enjoyed the menu, the servers, the quiet (only a few tables in use), and the fast service. Would dine there again- maybe on our next cruise.
We keep saying we're going to give Cabanas a try for dinner "sometime". Haven't made it yet. I like the regular dining rooms.

We keep saying we're going to give Cabanas a try for dinner "sometime". Haven't made it yet. I like the regular dining rooms.

Same here. Although, our preference would be that they leave it as a buffet for dinner every night. Particularly for our kids (teens), since they don't want to go the MDR by themselves if we go to Palo. If there was a buffet in Cabanas, they would go there. Instead, they usually just end up getting pizza or chicken tenders from Flo's.

Same here. Although, our preference would be that they leave it as a buffet for dinner every night. Particularly for our kids (teens), since they don't want to go the MDR by themselves if we go to Palo. If there was a buffet in Cabanas, they would go there. Instead, they usually just end up getting pizza or chicken tenders from Flo's.
We would love to have a dinner buffet option as well.

We went once, but only for desserts. I did not like the atmosphere, although all the servers were friendly to us.

We went twice, on the nights we were too tired to be with our tablemates (very awkward family). The servers were very nice, and what was most important to me...the food was hot and well cooked!!!! In the MDR's it's often overcooked and almost cold when it arrives in front of you, and I really "hate" that...:)

We have eaten in Cabanas a few times. The waiters are terrific as they are trying to learn the ropes and prove themselves. They do very well. The food is the same as the MDE.

we did dinner one night in Cabanas this past cruise due to having late seating and wanting to catch an adult show. . . atmosphere was fine (nothing spectacular but we don't get off on themes) and dinner was AWESOME! Service was quick, efficient, friendly and food was awesome. We got a grilled swordfish filet which was one of the best meals we had. Wait staff was MUCH better than what we had in MDR, sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!