Dinner Show Help

Aj1129

Mouseketeer
I'm starting to plan our August trip and will be staying at Wilderness Lodge. We haven't yet experienced any dinner shows and are torn between trying Mickey's BBQ and HDDR. DS will be almost 3 years old by then. Which would you recommend for a 3 year old?

They are both good, HDDR is better overall, but Mickey's BBQ has characters and is prob a bit more kid friendly. If you can get category 1 for BBQ where you get in early for the meet and greet it's totally worth it.

What is meant by free for all?

We took my kids ages 5, 4, 2 and 11 weeks to HDDR back in 2015. They didn' really get the corny jokes yet (but the adults loved it). This time we are doing MBYBBQ as it seems better for little ones.

What is meant by free for all?

We took my kids ages 5, 4, 2 and 11 weeks to HDDR back in 2015. They didn' really get the corny jokes yet (but the adults loved it). This time we are doing MBYBBQ as it seems better for little ones.

I've read that kids push and shove each other to get by the characters while dancing. We are leaning towards the BBQ but I don't want my 3 year old to be pushed by bigger older kids. I hope someone can speak to the "free for all" dance part and ease my mind.

For adults, the HDDR is probably a better choice, but for a three year old, the BBQ is definitely better. We took our 3 year old granddaughter in April, and she had a wonderful time. We didn't have any problems with kids pushing and shoving at all. The character meet and greet lines were orderly, and there was plenty of space during the dancing. My granddaughter actually danced with Mickey "one on one" for about five minutes! The food is certainly nothing to write home about, but the important thing to us with this particular experience was my granddaughter, and she loved it.

For adults, the HDDR is probably a better choice, but for a three year old, the BBQ is definitely better. We took our 3 year old granddaughter in April, and she had a wonderful time. We didn't have any problems with kids pushing and shoving at all. The character meet and greet lines were orderly, and there was plenty of space during the dancing. My granddaughter actually danced with Mickey "one on one" for about five minutes! The food is certainly nothing to write home about, but the important thing to us with this particular experience was my granddaughter, and she loved it.

Thank you so much! You have eased my mind with the dancing. I know my son will love dancing with Mickey. He loves music and loves Mickey!! I don't care about the food either. We now plan our trips around our son and his likes. Glad to hear your granddaughter has a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!