Dining packages for MSEP?

This is why I love the DIS! Been watching for this and looking forward to hearing people’s experiences. Booked for 9/29. At WDW, this was not a difficult parade to see. Curious how crowded it gets at DLR.

This is why I love the DIS! Been watching for this and looking forward to hearing people’s experiences. Booked for 9/29. At WDW, this was not a difficult parade to see. Curious how crowded it gets at DLR.
It was opening weekend for it, but last Saturday it was VERY busy in the evening. That day in general was busy, but we managed quite well. And there was a brief moment midday where wait times on the DL side were all less than an hour. But once 3:30-4pm hit, people were coming in and hanging around main street for spots. One of my friends stayed until 11pm and he said the crowds kept getting thicker. The picture he showed me of the tram line looked horrendous. I left at 5 pm, and people were pouring in! I could tell they were coming to see the parade because they had blankets and such.

Packages juf opened today. Plaza Inn.
Thank you thank you thank you! Just booked a 1:00 lunch for my trip this week and will now be able to see MSEP and Fantasmic with dining packages! Very narrow window for those Plaza lunch reservations, but we'll deal so that it eases our parade viewing!

Following- interested in 1) how crowded the area is. I see it’s standing room only, perhaps with a small number of benches in the back. 2) how busy is it trying to get seating for the parade in general. Those 2 things, along with whether they schedule fireworks, will influence whether we keep our package or just stake out a spot.

I booked the package for our trip next week. I think I'd prefer they offered the viewing area during the later parade, but this will be good. I am wondering if it will also provide a good viewing spot for the fireworks?

I look forward to anyone's feedback on how the process works. Truly, we don't have committed plans to do lunch at Plaza and I'm mostly just paying for the parade spot. Ideally we could go pay for our package, get the meal vouchers + parade tickets, THEN give the meal vouchers to someone else??

I look forward to anyone's feedback on how the process works. Truly, we don't have committed plans to do lunch at Plaza and I'm mostly just paying for the parade spot. Ideally we could go pay for our package, get the meal vouchers + parade tickets, THEN give the meal vouchers to someone else??
My friend is doing it tonight with her family so I’ll ask her how it is

We did the package today. Here is a photo of the food. The mashed potatoes were subbed for the Mac and cheese/beans. At the restaurant, we were given a ticket and lanyard to enter the parade area (photos below). The viewing area is in Town Square, across from the the train station. Will report back on how crowded the area is after the parade.

Last edited:
From my friend who did the parade package tonight. They loved the food, but did say it was a lot and they couldn't finish. The viewing area is on Main Street across from the train. She said you sit on the ground, so bring a blanket. After the parade she said they stood up, turned around, and watched the fireworks.

The viewing area was busy, but we did not have to get there super early to get a front row spot on the curb. I think it is worth it for the current price. There is an AP discount, so it came to $73 and change for 2.

The viewing area was busy, but we did not have to get there super early to get a front row spot on the curb. I think it is worth it for the current price. There is an AP discount, so it came to $73 and change for 2.
Thank you for mentioning the AP discount. I might go book this now. The food looks great and we like Plaza:-)

Thanks for the reviews. :) Is it a set menu? The Disneyland website makes it sound like you get to choose an entree from the lunch menu and there'll be one beverage extra.

Has anyone done this dining package? Can you share details of food and where you sat?

The website states:
Amidst the restaurant’s lavish Victorian setting, sink your teeth into a delectable menu of fried chicken breast, pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, corn cobette, watermelon and corn bread served with a New York cheesecake. Our kid’s meal includes chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, watermelon, corn cobette and corn bread served with New York cheesecake. Vegetarian options are available upon request.

We were able to substitute the mashed potatoes for the sides, but not sure if other entrees would be available. We did get beverages with the meal. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!