Dinning plan

If you don't mind me asking how many in your family? I've heard that if it's a couple then it's worth the money. But for a family of 4 or more it's 50/50.
We have a family of 4 and always saved money with the Dining Plan, went to signature resturants, character meals, hoop de doo, you name it we did it and on the dining plan saving money. Again just my experience, your results may vary...

Not sure if the dinning plan has returned, but if you have used it is it worth the money?

In addition to the original post. If you have used it in the past how many people did you pay for and depending on the number of people was it worth it?

For my family, it was definitely worth it. We were four adults and when we calculated how much we ate and drank (including alcoholic beverages), we saved a lot of money using the dining plan. Back in January, we spent about $1200 more on food than we would have if the disney dining plan was still an option we could've used. We're not good at budgeting and we love our table service meals, so the dining plan was definitely worth it to us.

We have a family of 4 and always saved money with the Dining Plan, went to signature resturants, character meals, hoop de doo, you name it we did it and on the dining plan saving money. Again just my experience, your results may vary...

Only two of us, and I agree that the DDP can be a good deal for a couple who enjoy eating at upscale restaurants particularly.

We may do 4-5 character meals, 2-3 Signatures or more, eating 3 meals daily, almost entirely TS, due to preferring quality food as well as DH using a powerchair at WDW. It's difficult for him to juggle a plate while driving his chair. We're also "recreational diners," getting much of our WDW enjoyment from eating.

We've always gotten the Deluxe DDP which is 3 TS/QS credits per day and two snack credits. TS/QS because you can use your credits at either, although using a TS credit for QS is a waste when you can get so much more and more elaborate food at TS restaurants. We spend our snack credits the day before leaving on Disney-exclusive items like krispy treats and Werther's caramel popcorn to haul home, only occasionally getting a cookie or ice cream before that shopping spree. We're too stuffed while there!

Character meals can be a great deal on the dining plan because most require only 1cr per person and are all-you-can-eat. We don't do the dinner shows, don't care for the food offered at those.

It is true that the DDP is mostly for ease and convenience, not for the budget-minded. Which fits right into our WDW philosophy: We do NOT care. We are on vay-kay-SHUN. 😁

As a result, I'd say if saving money or its being worth it financially is your primary concern, the regular dining plan or the Deluxe is probably not for you. The QS plan maybe. If, like us, indulging with a devil-may-care attitude is your approach, you'll probably love the DDP.

This is what I found for 2020 prices on another website :
  • Quick Service Dining Plan – $56 per adult, per night, $26 per child, per night
  • Standard Disney Dining Plan – $79 per adult, per night, $30.50 per child, per night
  • Disney Dining Plan Plus – $95 per adult, per night, $34 per child, per night
  • Deluxe Dining Plan – $120 per adult, per night, $47.50 per child, per night

This is what I found for 2020 prices on another website :
  • Quick Service Dining Plan – $56 per adult, per night, $26 per child, per night
  • Standard Disney Dining Plan – $79 per adult, per night, $30.50 per child, per night
  • Disney Dining Plan Plus – $95 per adult, per night, $34 per child, per night
  • Deluxe Dining Plan – $120 per adult, per night, $47.50 per child, per night
Thank you flipflopmpm, I really appreciate your quick reply. I am thinking the price if they bring the plan back this year will be increased by 10-15% because it has been 2 years, So basically, the deluxe spring for the Dining plus now. We like having 2 sit-down meals as we are in our 50s and the rides are not as much a thing for us. Back in 2020, we did the deluxe ding plan, and although way too much food it was a wonderful experience and special for the occasion.

All of the dining plans were per person, so it didn't matter if there was 1 or 8 people in your party. No one knows if/when or in what format any of these various Dining Plans will return.

There are calculators out there that can help you decide whether it's worth it, but like others say you can mostly run the numbers yourself what with ADRs being commonplace these days. Pull up the menu, figure out what you'll probably have, put it all in an excel spreadsheet. For us a dining plan probably won't be worth it until our kids are older since at this point they just basically share a meal or refuse to eat at most places. Sigh.

When it was out last did everyone need to get the dining plan in your group or could the adults get it and the kids not get it

Not sure if the dinning plan has returned, but if you have used it is it worth the money?

In addition to the original post. If you have used it in the past how many people did you pay for and depending on the number of people was it worth it?
we had 4. its only worth it if you eat every meal and every snack. Its a lot of food. if it comes back

I've only ever used it as part of a free dining promotion, which was fun the first few times. It's just too much food for us and eventually we got tired of eating so much. I would never pay for it for that reason. Plus I like the freedom to be able to eat apps at lounges, which is not included in the DDP.

Dining plan has not returned. Whether it's worth the money is hard to say until we see any changes to the inclusions or the price increase. Having alcohol included in the plans makes it easier to get your moneys worth if you usually have a drink with your meals anyways. But no guarantee they will continue to include alcohol.
I agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter