Dinosaur for 6 year olds

ElliottsMomma

Earning My Ears
Last time I will dinosaur it was probably eight years ago but I remember it being kind of scary. I’ll be bringing two 6-year-old boys One who is in love with dinosaurs. They will be fine but the bumpiness of the ride but are your kiddos afraid of the darkness and the dinosaurs popping out? I’d love to hear opinions and advice

We are going next week with our 6-year old boys, who saw a disney planning video that showed a bit of the dinosaur ride, and they begged and begged to go. I warned them it was scary and showed them the ride-through on youtube, and they still want to go. But they have pretty strong tolerance for scary dinos since my DH (against my better judgment, but oh well) has watched the Jurassic Park movies with them, and the LOVE those movies. I'd say if your kids are okay with the scary side of dinos, it is probably okay, but this is definitely a snarling-velociraptor-jumping-out-at-you kind of ride and not a peaceful-dinosaurs-eating-leaves ride. Of course, if my kids come back traumatized from the experience I will post that here too for your reference...

Not gonna lie the ride scares me and I'm in my 20s, haha! But I agree, if your kids enjoy/understand this ride has scary T-rex's jumping at you and not like Land Before Time, they'll be ok. You could try to show them a bit of the ride on YouTube to gauge their reaction.

That's going to depend on your kids. Our kids have been riding it since they were big enough to ride it. They like it. DD11 acts like she's scared, but she's not...she goes on it over and over.

Just prepare them for what they’ll see and experience and they should be fine. Warn them that it’s very rough, VERY loud and that,obviously, there will be large dinosaurs. If they know what to expect it shouldn’t be so bad.

I took my 7 and 5 year old's on it last year. I told them ahead of time that it was scary and dark and they looked at it a little online. They were psyched to do it. They both came off the ride sobbing and screamed the entire way through (and not the happy 'yay' kind of scream!). My kids don't have much exposure to scary things though. They both maintain they will never ever do that ride again.

I would view the video, as a pp suggested. You may also want to try another "dark" ride first to see how they do.

Took 4 yr old also Dino obsessed and even though she didn’t have much experience with scary things or Jurassic world or anything she completely loved the ride. One of her favorites.

You will get two sides of opinion on your questions as everyone is different.
Some people think "Its hard to be a bug" is scary but my kids love the show!
We just rode Dinosaur for the very first time last week with my family. DD10 DS6.
To me, Dinosaur is a very frantic ride. Lots of shouting, loud noise and darkness.
My kids were not scared but were bothered by the loud noise.

When we went we had kids between 4-9, and they were all terrified. We adults hadn't been on it before. We watched the video online, and it didn't look that bad, so we thought it would be fun. Big mistake. All the kids were sooooo scared. I wish I had the ride photo here to share... I mean, its hilarious. But the kids were all very scared (my kids are pretty scaredy in general though)

It really depends on the child. My 6-year-old went on it this past June and she had no issues. She loves the Jurassic Park movies, so maybe that’s why it didn’t bother her. When my 13-year-old was that age, we didn’t even bother because she’d have been catatonic from the start.

My girls were both 6 at the time and had no problems. However, if I would have showed them the ride before hand I'm pretty sure one of them would have wanted to skip out.... same with Haunted Mansion. Sometimes you just have to make a decision and go with it. I didn't want to give them the option of opting out of Dinosaur or Haunted Mansion.

If he can handle Jurassic Park/Jurassic World, he can handle DINOSAUR the ride. Watching a YouTube Ride POV video would certainly help prepare them, as well.

My son hates this ride & he goes on everything. There is one particular Dino that is right in your face (especially if you sit on the right of the vehicle) and is pretty scary. I would say it depends on your other son & if you think he would be afraid.

Personally think its great for that age. Scary yes but one of those things that theyll love that they went on afterwards.

My eight year old has been riding it since she was tall enough...around 4. She loves it. My four year old has been on it once, and she hates it. She refuses to go on it again....depends on the kid. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.

My dinosaur obsessed, Jurassic park watching, roller coaster/thrill ride loving 6 year old went on it last summer and hated it! She asked to not go on it again until she is 10 years old lol

My son was about 6 the first time he went on it and it was a big mistake. He didn’t cry he was just abnormally quiet afterwards. When we looked at the ride photo and saw his expression when the dinosaur jumped out at him and we felt really bad. He loved roller coasters at that age, but the dinosaurs in his face was too much.

Now that he’s older he likes it.

I would wait.

My 7 year old and 4 year old girls love it! They rodelast year when they were 6 and 3. But my 7 year old rode with me when she was 5 and cried the whole ride. Kids can react differently to the same thing at different ages. You won’t know till you give it a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter