Dinosaur for 6 year olds

My daughter rode it when she was 7 with no issues. She was a bit of a scaredy cat but she loved the movie Dinosaur and insisted on riding it. I think she was expecting more of a story line from the movie itself but still enjoyed it.

My 3, turning 4, year old son can't wait to ride it. My DH watched all the Jurassic park movies with him before he turned 3, much to my chagrin. He's Dino crazy and thinks dinosaurs are cool. Not even the loud roars scare him. Lol. You know your kid. Do what you think is best.

Really just depends on the child like others have said. My son is also Dino crazy. He has seen all of the Jurassic Park/World movies more than once. We went to see the most recent one (Fallen Kingdom) in the theater twice. I didn't take him on Dinosaur when we were there a couple of weeks ago. He has noise sensitivities that we use headphones for; but I was worried about the part where the dinosaur pops out and roars over everyone's heads in combination with how rough and dark the ride is. I watched it on YouTube.

We are planning a trip to Universal want to see the Jurassic Park/World stuff there. He's been watching the meet and greet videos with Blue and he wants to do it with his toy Blue mask

My middle child (now 13) LOVES Dinosaur. He's been riding it since he was about four, although he used to ride with his face buried in my arm (and then immediately beg to ride again). My youngest is more sensitive (will need to "go to the bathroom NOW" if he thinks a movie is getting to a scary part) and rode it last year at age six. He was fine. :)

Well, I am an adult and it always bothers me. Usually a few good screams, especially at the end. And my Mom has multiple pictures over the years with my head buried in her lap.

And I can 100% say my nephew who turns 6 in a few weeks would not be able to handle it. He has only been to Disneyland, and he still hates Pirates (scared the pirates are going to kill him or something, but has ridden multiple times and is still with us) and Big Thunder (total oops on our part taking him at night when he was 4 - he was very bothered by the dark). But he loves Star Tours and will ride Space Mountain now. He is not tall enough for Indy at Disneyland but I doubt he would be ok with that one.

DS4, almost 5, LOVED it when we did it last year. He hasnt stopped talking about doing it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter