Dinosaur

Thanks for confirming -- I thought I saw somewhere that it was closing soon. Hope it stays the same in any event. Can always visit Disneyland for Indiana Jones.

No, nothing official to say it's closing anytime soon. Plenty of rumors over the years but the Dino to Indy one is one I rarely have seen. I think someone just started that because the buildings and ride layout are the exact same.

Zero reason to think they'll change it to Indy.
Agreed. Despite the fact that it's a mirror ride to Indiana Jones, changing it would make it really out of place with it's location in Dinoland Animal Kingdom. The only was it would make sense to switch it over would be to completely disassemble it and move it to Hollywood Studios.

So Insiders have stated there are some plans or at least blue sky looks at doing this, but I believe the expectations as of right now is that there won't be an Indy change for Dinosaur. But that is not locked in stone yet either.

Agreed. Despite the fact that it's a mirror ride to Indiana Jones, changing it would make it really out of place with it's location in Dinoland Animal Kingdom. The only was it would make sense to switch it over would be to completely disassemble it and move it to Hollywood Studios.

I remember hearing some speculation that Dinosaur would be changed to Indiana Jones as part of an overhaul/re-imagining of Dinoland, USA. Definitely won't happen in the near-term, but I wouldn't rule anything out after the 50th anniversary celebrations end. Even then, I personally don't think it's likely.

While i like Dinosaur, it would be great if Dinoland was rethemed to Indy. Tear down PW and make an indy coaster, maybe like you are in the temple of doom ore cars or something, indoors coaster like Mummy at UO. They probably have room in that area to add a smaller stunt show if they wanted and have a QS there they can retheme. It would seem to fit a bit more with AK as well vs Dinosaurs but both are a bit of a stretch. Then you free up a big plot in DHS to make another mini land or get smart and expand SWGE all the way to Indy show.

Something like this maybe, from Paris...though it seems kinda short

Retheme the land to south America

Retheme the land to south America

I could get behind that, but it would go against the original motivation of AK which was animals of the past (Dinoland), of the present (Africa/Asia), and of fantasy (would have been Beastly Kingdom, but I think Pandora fits the bill). It would also put Pandora in an awkward position of being the odd land out vs 3 geographic-based lands (plus Discovery Island). If Pandora hadn't been built then I think this would be more likely but that ship has sailed.

Now, on the off-chance that the next Indiana Jones movie somehow involves dinosaurs, then integrating it into Dinoland becomes a no-brainer. Doesn't mean the movie will be good, but the 4th one set a fairly low bar anyway. :)

It could fit in pretty well actually. Would have to change the theme of the lab sending you back but could do like a lost world type thing if keeping dinos or just make a new mcguffin. He's an archeologist and the Boneyard in that area is based around an archeological dig so would fit that as a theme for the area. To keep the feel I'd try to base that area around dinosaurs still and their fossils.

Agree with intertile and change Dinoland as a whole into South America. There are lots of dino fossils founds there so coudl keep the dig and dinosaur/Indy for that but change the rest of it into something else. Like take out Dino-rama and put in a macaw dumb-style ride and/or rainforest carousel, and then a jungle themed coaster, maybe flying with a macaw/parrot theme and make that area a rainforest section and add in some more animals for that kind of area, maybe like an Amazon section with Caymans, anaconda, birds, pirhana, big cats.

Indy is an archeologist, not a zoologist.
I’ve long wondered why I really like Indy at DL but am not a fan of dinosaur. I’ve decided dinosaur is just too loud and too dark. If there was a bit more light to see the scenes you ride through and they turned the sound down it might be a decent ride.
The whole carnie bit...ugh, can they get rid of that - please.

I know this cannot happen due to the IP restrictions, but just go with me.

Completely retheme the Dino land to Ant-Man Land. Retheme the Dino dig to something like the ole’ beloved honey I shrunk the kids play area in Hollywood studios.

If you have seen Ant-Man and the Wasp (or trailers for that matter) then you know the portal to the subatomic realm looks just like the time portal portion of the dinosaur ride. Make it a ride into the subatomic realm! Everything could be pretty much the same. The preshow can have Hank Pym and Scott Lang rather than the duo of the same comedic relashionship that is there now. The bright lights movement and need to get out quick. And your retirieving something. It all fits!

Then you can have the land teach about ants and other insects and how they help the earth and why they need to be preserved.

Also it would be really fun theming simply with oversized things around possibilymaking up other things like the eatery and queues (Think TSL?)

Make than dumb roller coaster a ride flying on ants.

Please let the powers at be allow more Marvel in Disney World.

Yea Zootopia would be great. loved the rumor of it taking the place of conservation station and having the train get themed to the one from the movie.
Overall I agree that I don't want Indy at AK but rather a land for him at Hollywood Studios. But do like the idea of retheming Dinoland to South America, jsut keep Dinosaur and the Boneyard as is, but change the rest to something like I mentioned

Agreed basically the same ride anyway

Indy in Disneyland and Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom are nothing alike to me. They use the same ride system and layout, but are really not at all alike. For one, Dinosaur has nothing like the huge fire/bridge room in Indy.

It could fit in pretty well actually. Would have to change the theme of the lab sending you back but could do like a lost world type thing if keeping dinos or just make a new mcguffin. He's an archeologist and the Boneyard in that area is based around an archeological dig so would fit that as a theme for the area. To keep the feel I'd try to base that area around dinosaurs still and their fossils.

Agree with intertile and change Dinoland as a whole into South America. There are lots of dino fossils founds there so coudl keep the dig and dinosaur/Indy for that but change the rest of it into something else. Like take out Dino-rama and put in a macaw dumb-style ride and/or rainforest carousel, and then a jungle themed coaster, maybe flying with a macaw/parrot theme and make that area a rainforest section and add in some more animals for that kind of area, maybe like an Amazon section with Caymans, anaconda, birds, pirhana, big cats.
Maybe like an attraction based on the movie Rio? From the 20th Century fox acquisition.

My guess is that they'll wait and see how Indy 5 does before they decide to move forward with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter