Diplomat Resort Maingate

Pcross

Earning My Ears
We have booked the Diplomat Resort Maingate for the first week in December. I haven't seen many favourable reports. I understand that the hotel has been taken over, my question is has any one stayed there recently? I would be grateful for any comments.

many thanks

Pat

This place has changed names many times in the last few years:

1. Wilson World Resort
2. Diplomat Resort
3. Red Roof Resort at Maingate
4. Best Western Diplomat Resort
5. Maingate Resort
6. Amerihost Resort at Maingate

With so many name changes, I can't image they have time to take care of customers. It's no wonder the get poor reviews!

There are plenty of other nice resort-type hotels in the area if you are interested:

Hotel: Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista
Note:Caribbean theme, large suites, tropical landscaping
Site: http://www.residenceinnlbv.com

Hotel: Holiday Inn Family Suites
Note: Great amenities for young children
Site: http://www.familysuites.com

Hotels: Marriott Village
Note: Three hotels in a great location
Site: http://www.marriottvillage.com

Also, be sure to check out the hotel discounts link above. There are plenty of well reviewed hotels offering great discounts for members of this board. I think all those hotels had to meet certain standard requirements too, so you know the quality has to be good.

Cheers!

I stayed there in September this year. I found it a very nice hotel, staff very friendly and helpful, it was very clean. The rooms were spotless and kept that way, towels changed every day. In door pool excellent, outside pool cold. Restaurant food was good. Launderette good.
I would definately stay there again.

Virgin reps on site all day.

If you did have a problem it was sorted straight away.

we stayed at the diplomat resort in oct 99. the rooms were larger than the average hotel we looked at. over all it was a very enjoyable stay.the indoor pool was great. infact we enjoyed our stay so much that we have booked to stay there again in dec 2001 (35 days time, but who's counting!!) we have also booked to stay at the HIFI's . good luck i'm sure you'll enjoy this hotel,

Thanks for your replys, as we are celabrating our Silver Wedding anniversary, I E mailed the hotel and asked how much it would be for an upgrade, I had a very nice reply saying that I would be upgraded to a King room free of charge. I'm really looking forward to my second honeymoon!

Pat

we wanted to e-mail the diplomat resort but couldn't find there e-mail address, could you please post it? many thanks.

just got the e-mail returned. incorrect address. was the reson for it's return.

That was the original E mail address, however looking back there is a different address when they e mailed back which is

"lhamric@bellsouth.net"

hope you have better luck with this

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter