Direct Minimum Increase for DVC Perks Confirmed

I think the point was the the cost per points for the additional ones makes those that price, Not all of them,

Sometimes, when you move to the next level of incentives, the addition cost per point for those is reduced,
I still do not see it. I will MS later today. If true, RIV might be my new home:)

I must have missed this...So for existing members, who purchase above 125 points, above the 125 price point the price drops to 127 per point? Where does it say that? I am on Member services page now. I would add on if that is correct.
It drops to $127/point *for those additional points.*

in other words, 125 points costs a total of
$23,375. Which is $187/point.

150 points costs a total of $26,550. Which is $177/point.

if you were already going to buy 125 points, one way to look at the difference between 150 points and 125 points is just the difference between the two: $23,375 vs $26,550. The difference is $3,175, and you get 25 points. So if you divide the difference of $3,175 by the extra points you’d be buying (25), it is as if you are only paying $127 per point for those extra 25 points. It is NOT that all 150 points are $127/point. In this way of looking at it, the first 125 points are $187/point and the last 25 are $127/point.

if you were already going to buy 125 points, one way to look at the difference between 150 points and 125 points is just the difference between the two: $23,375 vs $26,550. The difference is $3,175, and you get 25 points. So if you divide the difference of $3,175 by the extra points you’d be buying (25), it is as if you are only paying $127 per point for those extra 25 points. It is NOT that all 150 points are $127/point. In this way of looking at it, the first 125 points are $187/point and the last 25 are $127/point.

To add, think of it as the way a buy one, get one half off sale works. You are going to pay full price for one, regardless if you buy the second,

But, if you want the second, it’s a 50% discount of that Item.

Got it...its fuzzy math and splitting hairs it is still paying 172 per point in actuality it's just the cost difference you are talking about. I wish it were 127 / per point.

Got it...its fuzzy math and splitting hairs it is still paying 172 per point in actuality it's just the cost difference you are talking about. I wish it were 127 / per point.
I would've jumped on a FW at RIV if they were selling it for $127/point! :)

So , I am a white card member , and for now I think will always be. If I want to stay at RIV, could I buy transfered points from an another member? If the point are direct, could I use them at any resort?

So , I am a white card member , and for now I think will always be. If I want to stay at RIV, could I buy transfered points from an another member? If the point are direct, could I use them at any resort?

Transferred points retain their home resort and UY. So yes, those points would be eligible.

Thanks Sandisw, now I do not see a good reason to buy direct if not for the AP.

Thanks Sandisw, now I do not see a good reason to buy direct if not for the AP.

If the AP works in your favor, and you think RIV is something you want, then maybe

I would not rush until at least WDW puts then back on sale for general public because the minimum is already raised.

Gives you time to think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter