Direct purchase credit card question

Jennifer Bowers

Earning My Ears
Hello,

For those of you who have bought DVC direct and have used a credit card on partial/all.... what category does the purchase come up as? Real estate? Travel? Other?

Thanks!

Interesting question. I'm curious to know the answer as well.

Are you thinking of pairing this with some sort of credit card sign up incentive?

Unfortunately, on the Costco Visa, it showed up as a timeshare, and apparently that did not qualify as “qualifying travel”. So we only got 1% cash back instead of 3%. That was for the deposit, our remainder just posted, I don’t suspect it will be any different.

Hello,

For those of you who have bought DVC direct and have used a credit card on partial/all.... what category does the purchase come up as? Real estate? Travel? Other?

Thanks!

What card are you using? We used Chase Sapphire and it registered as travel. I have read that the Costco citi card does not register dvc as travel.

Interesting question. I'm curious to know the answer as well.

Are you thinking of pairing this with some sort of credit card sign up incentive?

Why yes... yes we are! I wish we could buy with Disney gift cards but I'm almost positive (by reading through other posts on disboards) that is not possible...

What card are you using? We used Chase Sapphire and it registered as travel. I have read that the Costco citi card does not register dvc as travel.

Don't have a credit card in mind yet but very interesting and promising that it came up as travel. Did you put the full amount on your card? We are looking to just add 75 points..... probably at OKW (which I think you get extended if bought direct).....

Don't have a credit card in mind yet but very interesting and promising that it came up as travel. Did you put the full amount on your card? We are looking to just add 75 points..... probably at OKW (which I think you get extended if bought direct).....
Yes we did put the full amount on the card and it was for 75 points. We did it about 2 weeks ago and we were a bit nervous it would not post as travel but it did.

We used our Disney Premier Visa for the purchase and got 2% Disney rewards. Also, we were able to use the 6 month financing since we went direct.

Can you buy at OKW direct without having it extended? I’m sure the price must be more if you have it extended. Correct?

All direct OKW contracts have a 2057 end date. The current price is $156 / pt....the cheapest of all the WDW resorts.

If I were to consider direct this is definitely what I would do. But it's still a roughly 60% premium over resale. Blows my mind.

Chase Freedom is offering 0% APR for 15 months AND triple rewards for up to $20K. I just got it a couple of weeks ago, but the rewards were 1.5x at the time. Darn it! I missed out on 30,000 points. We can never predict these offerings, but it doesn't change the fact that it really really annoys me. I hope some of you can take advantage of it.

We just bought OKW resale for a negotiated $88 per point, 275 points. The end date is still 2042 or it would have been more. Hoping disne6 lets it go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter