EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

Military discount... When i go to the "add on special offer" page, at the bottom it mentions a special discount for military.
"To say “thank you” for all that you do, Disney Vacation Club is offering additional savings on Add-On purchases for select groups." with a number to call to find out. anyone know what the military savings are?

Military discount... When i go to the "add on special offer" page, at the bottom it mentions a special discount for military.
"To say “thank you” for all that you do, Disney Vacation Club is offering additional savings on Add-On purchases for select groups." with a number to call to find out. anyone know what the military savings are?
They only have military saving on Riviera, Aulani & Copper Creek. I didn’t inquire about the actual savings since we aren’t interested in any of those resorts.

i just called and military would save an extra $550 on a 150 point contract.

To get 2019 points, you need to pick a UY that is further than the current month, so that the month of your purchase is in the 2019 UY. Thus, if you purchase an August, September, October, or December UY, you will get 2019 UY points since you are still IN that UY, as well as 2020 UY points as of the first day of your UY month.

Yes, you will still get the $160/pp for purchasing 200+ points, even if you split it into 2 contracts (provided you are an existing member). I added on 2 Fixed Weeks at CCV for 236 total points, split into 2 118-point contracts, and I received the $35 off for 200+ points.

If I bought an October UY now, can I bank the 2019 points to be used in 2021? Or do you have to do that by a certain time. I will be a new DVc purchaser.

If I bought an October UY now, can I bank the 2019 points to be used in 2021? Or do you have to do that by a certain time. I will be a new DVc purchaser.

Banking has to be done 4 months prior to the UY.

Sorry one correction (forgot this was the direct incentive thread) IF you buy direct they will typically let you bank that first year but I would work it out with the guide. Moving forward after that it would be the below chart.

Potential first time buyer here. I've been researching purchase (both direct and resale) for awhile now. Just finished chatting with a guide for direct purchase. I was hoping to try to possibly split points with enough in total to get incentives at Copper Creek and Riviera. No go. Also wanted to try to get three 60 point contracts for total of 180 pts to eventually leave to our 3 boys and to get discount - no go, was told minimum 1st contract at Copper Creek is 75pts, which would then either force purchasing more to keep them even, or leave them uneven. Ok... wanted August use year 1) since that will work best for our travel most of the time and 2) since I've read on these boards that they will give you 2019 pts and bank them)--no go, was told i'd have to wait until August 1st to get an August use year and only get 2020 pts. must be doing something wrong 😭
So an update... I called the guide Back on Monday asking to revisit getting August use year and being able to bank 2019 points. Guide indicated it would take special approval and no guarantees, but if it would make or break the deal, it could be requested. Would also need to be done ASAP. Long story short, hubs and I purchased 2x 100 pt contracts direct at Copper Creek with August use year and were able to bank 2019 points. Signed today and we are new DVC members!
Thanks to all on this board for all of the education, advice and guidance! Can’t wait to schedule our first welcome home visit. 🤩😎

So an update... I called the guide Back on Monday asking to revisit getting August use year and being able to bank 2019 points. Guide indicated it would take special approval and no guarantees, but if it would make or break the deal, it could be requested. Would also need to be done ASAP. Long story short, hubs and I purchased 2x 100 pt contracts direct at Copper Creek with August use year and were able to bank 2019 points. Signed today and we are new DVC members!
Thanks to all on this board for all of the education, advice and guidance! Can’t wait to schedule our first welcome home visit. 🤩😎

Actually that wasn't a special exception. As long as you bought before Aug first they were going to bank.

Actually that wasn't a special exception. As long as you bought before Aug first they were going to bank.

So might have been something where they pulled some strings to move points around to allow them to sell a August UY.

I know Sept was wait list earlier this month.

So might have been something where they pulled some strings to move points around to allow them to sell a August UY.

I know Sept was wait list earlier this month.

It was Riviera, correct? They would have all UYs available. For new buyers they do like to sell them what UY DVC has currently decided on and that may be what was going on. I'd actually suspect they don't want to be selling UYs that will be immediately banking such as Aug, Sept, Oct. It's happened in the past that if a new buyer did ask for a particular UY that they might be told it didn't matter and they would be sold what DVC wanted. Insist a particular UY is a deal breaker and then suddenly they say ok.

Since they are able to make points whatever UY they want and they do not have to stick with what they assign a unit they can have points for every UY - if they want.

It was Riviera, correct? They would have all UYs available. For new buyers they do like to sell them what UY DVC has currently decided on and that may be what was going on. I'd actually suspect they don't want to be selling UYs that will be immediately banking such as Aug, Sept, Oct. It's happened in the past that if a new buyer did ask for a particular UY that they might be told it didn't matter and they would be sold what DVC wanted. Insist a particular UY is a deal breaker and then suddenly they say ok.

Since they are able to make points whatever UY they want and they do not have to stick with what they assign a unit they can have points for every UY - if they want.

This was CCV I was referring to. Guide said it was likely that it could be gotten but not a guarantee.

Congrats!! And welcome home!! CCV is a great choice!

200 points x $195 = $39,000 - $5000(incentive or $25 off a point with 200-299 points) = $34,000
215 points x $195 = $41,925 - $5375 = $36,550
220 points x $195 = $42,900 - $5500 = $37,400
225 points x $195 = $43,875 - $5625 = $38,250

So now you can get 215 points for $36,550. So about 15 more points than the old deals.

where did you get these numbers from ?? 200 points is 34k?

they were earlier this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped, most likely for logistical reasons (no one in the office to organize shipping)

if you don't get one, you could drop by the preview center (if they are open) on your next trip to see if they have any backpacks; they should have plenty laying around, I hear they store a them in the unused bungalows and cabins :P
Hmm, this is not what my guide told me in January! The flimsy string backpacks they do keep at the SSR office to give out to anyone who takes their tours. But new member backpacks I was told are housed somewhere offsite and shipped directly to members and that guides no longer have any access or ability to order them (allegedly this was causing problems in the past because the bags are so coveted). But maybe she doesn't know or wasn't truthful!

they were earlier this year but I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped, most likely for logistical reasons (no one in the office to organize shipping)

if you don't get one, you could drop by the preview center (if they are open) on your next trip to see if they have any backpacks; they should have plenty laying around, I hear they store a them in the unused bungalows and cabins :P

I heard they store them in the hundreds of unrented rooms at Riviera all those 1BRs that are a "great" deal at $500/night. They are even offering cash guests 75% off and a case of backpacks. :stir:

More seriously maybe they will come out with DVC masks to give away soon as well.

You do know one of these days I will end up buying a Riviera contract and will have to poke fun at myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!